FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Point on hotels "managed" by Accor (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/2030416-point-hotels-managed-accor.html)

PROACTIVE Dec 14, 2020 6:24 am

Point on hotels "managed" by Accor

I found for the first time in Accorhotel own site the possibility to book hotels mentioning they were "Managed by AccorHotels". Do you know if status benefits apply and if yes what level of miles can be earned?
Thx

Goldorak Dec 14, 2020 12:35 pm

Usually no for status benefits. For points earning, it depends, but it is safe to assume no points earning (BTW, you don't earn miles with ALL ;) unless you are also a member of Flying Blue which allows double dipping). You need to check each hotel page. But, unfortunately, this is not always mentioned. There was a time when each hotel webpage was displaying very clearly this information, but not anymore (or not always)

escape4 Dec 14, 2020 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 32885609)
Usually no for status benefits. For points earning, it depends, but it is safe to assume no points earning

Really? Wow I learn something new every day. I previously incorrectly assumed that "Managed by ..." did not have benefit exclusions. I recently stayed at a "Managed by Fairmont" hotel and received the free Accor Diamond weekend breakfast and also received two welcome drink vouchers as usual, plus a room upgrade. Points have not posted yet but it's still within the normal delays so I guess they will show up in my account soon.

Perhaps I should be more careful in the future about booking such hotels and contact them in advance to make sure I will get points and benefits, otherwise it's just the same as booking a completely independent hotel which I rarely do so I would most likely look elsewhere in that case.

Goldorak Dec 14, 2020 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 32886147)
Really? Wow I learn something new every day. I previously incorrectly assumed that "Managed by ..." did not have benefit exclusions. I recently stayed at a "Managed by Fairmont" hotel and received the free Accor Diamond weekend breakfast and also received two welcome drink vouchers as usual, plus a room upgrade. Points have not posted yet but it's still within the normal delays so I guess they will show up in my account soon.

Perhaps I should be more careful in the future about booking such hotels and contact them in advance to make sure I will get points and benefits, otherwise it's just the same as booking a completely independent hotel which I rarely do so I would most likely look elsewhere in that case.

if it is « Managed by Fairmont », or « Managed by Sofitel », it is usually OK, but when « managed by Accor » be careful. In any case, be always cautious when booking such hotels.

escape4 Dec 14, 2020 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 32886710)
if it is « Managed by Fairmont », or « Managed by Sofitel », it is usually OK, but when « managed by Accor » be careful.

Oh I see, thank you for clarifying the distinction

BinSabai Dec 15, 2020 12:38 am

the policy is inconsistent like so many other issues at Accor hotels...

like the quarantine hotels in Thailand...some credit nights and points, some with a certain ceiling, some not at all....

southlondonphil Dec 15, 2020 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 32885609)
Usually no for status benefits. For points earning, it depends, but it is safe to assume no points earning (BTW, you don't earn miles with ALL ;) unless you are also a member of Flying Blue which allows double dipping). You need to check each hotel page. But, unfortunately, this is not always mentioned. There was a time when each hotel webpage was displaying very clearly this information, but not anymore (or not always)

It's still there in this example, boxout on the right-hand side:-

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ac1d90e779.jpg

I think it's safe to assume that if none of the specific Accor-related brands are mentioned in the hotel name then that hotel doesn't participate in the ALL programme and there will be no points earning or status benefits

8420PR Dec 15, 2020 4:52 am

I think it depends on the hotel. As an example the "Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by AccorHotels" provides points and status benefits.

https://all.accor.com/hotel/8151/index.en.shtml

Concerto Dec 15, 2020 6:21 am

It's funny how once upon a time the Hilton Honors program was a unique beacon in allowing double dipping and then they abruptly stopped it. Now Accor is a leader with its double dip possibility with Flying Blue.

This was actually responding to Goldorak up in post #2.

As for hotels in the Accor brand that do not allow double dipping, there are already quite a few such as ibis Budget.

fifty_two Dec 15, 2020 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 32887109)
As for hotels in the Accor brand that do not allow double dipping, there are already quite a few such as ibis Budget.

what is double dip ?

Originally Posted by 8420PR (Post 32886994)
I think it depends on the hotel.

i also think the same , I saw a giant list of hotels which are part of ALL in a pdf file , i can't find it anymore but iam sure it will show what we are talking about

KLflyerRalph Dec 15, 2020 9:47 am

Originally Posted by 8420PR (Post 32886994)
I think it depends on the hotel. As an example the "Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by AccorHotels" provides points and status benefits.

https://all.accor.com/hotel/8151/index.en.shtml

Same with the Marjan Island Resort - Managed by Accor, in the UAE. Status benefits and points are offered according to the hotel webpage.

Goldorak Dec 15, 2020 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by fifty_two (Post 32887301)
what is double dip ?

like the current partnership between ALL and FB : a ALL member staying in a hotel is earning points on ALL + FB miles

Concerto Dec 16, 2020 3:01 am

Yes, it's when you can earn both hotel points and airline miles at the same time. I wasn't able to think of any other program that allows this except for Hilton Honors.

NickB Dec 19, 2020 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 32887109)
.0As for hotels in the Accor brand that do not allow double dipping, there are already quite a few such as ibis Budget.

Well, Ibis budget does not participate in the ALL programme at all, so not even single dipping, let alone double dipping.

Maelstrom Dec 19, 2020 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 32898448)
Well, Ibis budget does not participate in the ALL programme at all, so not even single dipping, let alone double dipping.

I think this is (slowly) changing. Ibis Budget in four countries currently participate.