Booking cancelled

Old Nov 11, 20, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Plat
Booking cancelled

Hello,

Iíd booked a hotel for September 2021 .. the hotel send me an e-mail that if didnít change my flexible rate to a none refundable rate before November 9th they would cancel my booking as it was a flexible booking they also had the opportunity to cancel like I had ???

The hotel just wanted to cancel my booking cause they didnít note that there was an event going on in town and they ask me to change my booking to a none refundable rate 3 times more expensive than the flexible rate I booked.

Have anyone experienced something like this ? Are the hotel allowed to do so ?

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 20, 11:36 am

Programs: LH-SEN
Originally Posted by DK1968 View Post
Hello,

Iíd booked a hotel for September 2021 .. the hotel send me an e-mail that if didnít change my flexible rate to a none refundable rate before November 9th they would cancel my booking as it was a flexible booking they also had the opportunity to cancel like I had ???

The hotel just wanted to cancel my booking cause they didnít note that there was an event going on in town and they ask me to change my booking to a none refundable rate 3 times more expensive than the flexible rate I booked.

Thanks
Name and shame!
Old Nov 11, 20, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Plat
Ibis Nuremburg Alt Stadt
Old Nov 11, 20, 5:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Gold
Question

I’d booked a hotel for September 2021 .. the hotel send me an e-mail that if didn’t change my flexible rate to a none refundable rate before November 9th they would cancel my booking as it was a flexible booking they also had the opportunity to cancel like I had ???
did they used the accor email assigned to this hotel for such request ?

if they want to cancel your booking , they can do it but then accor (or the hotel themselves) would have to pay you back or find another location for you

it happened to me few times , hotels were overbooked or had unscheduled renovations or something else

Usually they create a new booking in the adjacent accorhotel or in some case transfer me into a sofitel or raffles at no cost

The hotel just wanted to cancel my booking cause they didn’t note that there was an event going on in town and they ask me to change my booking to a none refundable rate 3 times more expensive than the flexible rate I booked.
In that case its their problem , not your , you should not cancel it . so you should wait for a while and if they insist , ask them to find an alternative solution for you , and as a last resort , raise a complain to the accor customer service with attached emails as proof.

My guess is that if they cancel by themselves a flex rate , it will generate some fees from their side , but that's not your concern
Marky Marks likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Nov 11, 20 at 6:04 pm
Old Nov 12, 20, 2:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
There was another case on flyertalk : How to Build Brand Loyalty - NOT ! .. ibis budget Madrid Centro Lavapies
hotel_user likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: