Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

MGallery Athens Capital Centre : a superb Accor address in Athens

Old Oct 13, 20, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Hotel Athens Capital Centre - MGallery Collection

4 Elefrheriou Venizelou Avenue Athens, GR 10671

MGallery Athens Capital Centre : a superb Accor address in Athens (58 Photos)

Hotel Athens Capital Centre - MGallery Collection

gaTK7P9gRwCelHVyKWDQgA.jpgIMG_9752.JPG

This hotel is brand new (opened beginning of september). Finally a very decent hotel downtown Athens. Great boutique hotel in a perfect location, just in front of the Hotel Grande Bretagne (an iconic hotel of Athens) at Parliament (Syntagma) square . I stayed there for 2 nights last weekend and weather was great (27°C)

Obviously, for a brand new hotel, everything is immaculate. Immediately when you enter the lobby, you have a sense of luxury. There is a café in the main lobby and they have some outdoor tables in the street.

VXThJA+RQju500NCMle6BA.jpg0sb9N4WmQMSszG6zQO8npg.jpgEHm2DDq4RZGDe66w%601gA.jpgSZN1VPRdTXaTrTalHADTng.jpg83Ws6L6kSA+W7OLAYscdMw.jpg

Check In

I was very nicely welcomed as a Diamond member. Drink voucher was given and I was informed I was upgraded from Deluxe to Junior suite. This is one level up. Maybe they could have done better on that knowing that the hotel was certainly not full, although I believe the occupancy rate seemed to be decent (good for them, so quickly after opening and during such a terrible period for hotels). The front desk agent explained me all the facilities and bar/restaurants of the hotel. The gym, during covid, needs advanced booking for a 45 min slot. She asked me if I was needing a late checkout. I requested 3 pm and it was granted.

An important information : in the 2020 hotel opening thread, I mentioned that I saw on Accor website that the hotel had a Club Lounge but I had doubt seeing that this lounge was nowhere mentioned on the hotel webpage. The front desk agent did not mention a lounge in her explanations about the hotel, so I asked her and she said there was no lounge. I showed her the Accor site mentioning a lounge and she was really puzzled. Too bad sincerely that they havent done  along in this beautiful hotel.

Nice corridors and staircase.

IMG_9609.JPGIMG_9610.JPGIMG_9611.JPG

Room

Room was very nice and large, plenty of daylight. Room amenities include safety box, bathrobes, slippers, Espresso machine (Lilly), water (free), well stocked minibar. Sound proofing was perfect.

IMG_9595.JPGIMG_9599.JPGIMG_9600.JPGIMG_9601.JPGIMG_9602.JPGIMG_9603.JPG

Large bathroom with a huge walk-in shower. Toiletry products are in bulk unfortunately but a Clarins soap and a medium size vial of Eau Dynamisante Clarins are offered.

IMG_9596.JPGIMG_9597.JPGIMG_9598.JPG

IMG_9650.JPG

Fifteen minutes after being in the room, they bring me 2 plates of salty and sweet snacks and a bottle of (very good) Greek white wine. There was also a small bottle of olive oil (as welcome gift I suppose). Good Diamond treatment overall so far.

IMG_9604.JPG

IMG_9606.JPGIMG_9607.JPG

IMG_9608.JPG

Pool, bar and dining

Time to go to the pool (open from 9am to 7 pm) on the roof (10th floor). On the rooftop you have the pool and a bar and lunch restaurant. Pool is not huge but of very decent size. You have a wonderful view on Athens and on Acropolis/Parthenon just behind the Hotel de Grande Bretagne. Beautiful at sunset.

IMG_9612.JPGIMG_9613.JPGIMG_9614.JPGIMG_9615.JPGIMG_9616.JPGIMG_9617.JPGIMG_9619.JPGIMG_9621.JPGIMG_9622.JPGIMG_9623.JPGIMG_9624.JPGIMG_9625.JPGIMG_9626.JPGIMG_9627.JPGIMG_9628.JPGIMG_9630.JPGIMG_9633.JPGIMG_9635.JPGIMG_9636.JPGIMG_9638.JPGIMG_9643.JPGIMG_9644.JPGIMG_9646.JPGIMG_9647.JPGIMG_9648.JPG4ARkxcpeTlS0l+8YN9QJoQ.jpgI8sXiO0nR7GNtJpoC3RGiA.jpgAPEfg%klSuWYhKaX4M+%cg.jpgNrkzwcO9Qra796hi02bPIg.jpgQerOo02AScOCJsEhpA0JKw.jpgmS9oMmCsSICgGWR6Wh9SLw.jpg

From the pool, you can see one floor below (9th) some rooms having a nice terrace. As per the hotel webpage, it corresponds to Executive Suites. Several were booked as per what I could see from the pool.

IMG_9629.JPG

Not too many loungers around the pool, so it can be full quickly (especially when you have the kind of guests of place a towel and a book on it and disappear for 2 hours…)

On the 9th floor, you find the main restaurant for breakfast and dinner.  There is an outdoor section.

IMG_9651.JPGIMG_9653.JPG

Top quality menu is proposed for dinner (great food). As an example here below : amuse bouche (beef tartare), tuna and salmon carpaccio, tortellinis carbonara.

fullsizeoutput_8d3d.jpegfullsizeoutput_8d39.jpegfullsizeoutput_8d3a.jpeg

Overall

Overall a great MGallery hotel. Highly recommended. Can’t wait to return.

IMG_9762.JPGIMG_9788.JPG

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Athens Capital Centre - MGallery Collection?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 13, 20, 5:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Thank You for the detailed review. It is a shame about the "missing" lounge, but did they offer complimentary breakfast ?
Old Oct 13, 20, 11:16 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Fantastic hotel, fantastic review, thank you! It was a pleasure to read. I must go there ASAP! 😀
Old Oct 14, 20, 12:47 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Looks lovely. Nice to finally have somewhere to stay in Athens proper.
hotel_user, Cupart and Goldorak like this.
Old Oct 14, 20, 1:43 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
Looking forward to be there next week ! Hopefully weather will be as good. I have to request an early check-in (I arrive at 10 PM at ATH and with the possibility of a random PCR test it might be too late to go downtown so I booked the Sofitel airport for the first night). Will report if it is granted.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 14, 20, 5:02 am

Looks beautiful but over 150/night I think it's a little bit overpriced for Athens especially these days...
hotel_user likes this.
Old Oct 14, 20, 7:57 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: Free Agent
Fantastic review thank you, never been to Athens now just have another reason to go when we will be able to!
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 14, 20, 9:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Fantastic review. Thank you for sharing!

Looks like a really nice option in Athens. I particularly like the rooftop pool space.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 14, 20, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge View Post
Looking forward to be there next week ! Hopefully weather will be as good. I have to request an early check-in (I arrive at 10 PM at ATH and with the possibility of a random PCR test it might be too late to go downtown so I booked the Sofitel airport for the first night). Will report if it is granted.
You may consider going straight to the MGallery. Even if you are selected for a random test, it will delay you no more than 10 minutes. Going to ATH, during the flight I spoke with a guy who was seated just behind me (we were commenting the beautiful view approaching ATH). I had a bag checked, he had not. Bags were delivered very quickly on the belt (less than 5 min after arriving at the carousel) and my bag was among the 1st to be delivered and he left the secure area at the same time as me and he asked me if I had been selected for testing. I said no but he was and it took him 5 min.
Old Oct 14, 20, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

I forgot to say in the review : unfortunately, this hotel is on the exclusion list for SNU use. Too bad, as this is an hotel where it could be very nice to use them.
Old Oct 15, 20, 4:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Thanks for the review! Happy to hear you had a nice stay (and got into Greece)! But...

Toiletry products are in bulk unfortunately
...why would that be "unfortunate"? Not only are hotel-sized individually packaged cosmetics a massive waste of plastic (as well as housekeeping's time and effort), but they are also less convenient to use.
Old Oct 15, 20, 10:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by JTCz View Post
Thanks for the review! Happy to hear you had a nice stay (and got into Greece)! But...

...why would that be "unfortunate"? Not only are hotel-sized individually packaged cosmetics a massive waste of plastic (as well as housekeeping's time and effort), but they are also less convenient to use.

Could just be me, but I would think that the smaller bottles ( that can be recycled ) are one person use, so probably safer. By the time housekeeping have cleaned and re stocked ( filled ) the larger bottles the time saving is in negative territory ? I take my own supplies at the moment.
Old Oct 15, 20, 1:30 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Originally Posted by hotel_user View Post
Could just be me, but I would think that the smaller bottles ( that can be recycled ) are one person use, so probably safer. By the time housekeeping have cleaned and re stocked ( filled ) the larger bottles the time saving is in negative territory ? I take my own supplies at the moment.
Even if recycled (which may be quite unlikely given the way hotels sort trash and how it is handled later - any container not enitrely clean of detergent is often considered unfit for recycling), this still uses plastic and energy to process it, and the fancy packaging often precludes making it 100% recycled stock and 100% recyclable.

The detergent in the containers is the best defense we have against viridae and bacteria, and enough to get rid of the vast majority of them. A frequently used refillable container is probably cleaner and less of a menace to health and safety than a stockpiled bottle or tube that lies around collecting dust to build up the invisible protein-and-fat film that microbes thrive in.

In my experience, the containers only get refilled if close to empty, so this is not something done every day for every cleaned room, while it takes a bit of time to check which toiletries to restock, pick them up from the cart, position neatly and such. I'd rather housekeeping had more time to actually clean the bathroom
Old Oct 16, 20, 12:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Currently, you can book a Dream Stay at MGallery Athens Capital : 2 nights for 13000 rewards points
https://limitlessexperiences.accor.c...ery-collection
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 16, 20, 1:25 am

Programs: Accor Plus Diamond, Easternmiles Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Honors Silver
A great review, thanks a lot for it! What amazing views you had on the roof top, alone the photo quality already stunned me, the real thing must be soooo much better. A must go!
Goldorak and hotel_user like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: