Wiki Posts
Search

I miss you guys!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:32 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Hey all,

So glad to hear everyone is doing well! (Figuratively speaking)

Well, I am back in Singapore currently. Was in Sydney but Covid got me back here. I envy those across in Malaysia as at least, there is some domestic tourism. But good thing Singapore has gotten the COVID situation under control.

Got so travel-sick that I had 2 staycations to relief some tension. Last stays were at Raffles Singapore and Andaz Singapore last week. But agreed with jiunsoh, rates in Singapore hotels are creeping back to normal levels. Can't beat what Sofitel in KL is offering. Most probably will lose status with Accor and Hyatt as I don't foresee reopening of borders for leisure travel coming too soon.

Cheers all, stay safe and well.
IMH and hotel_user like this.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by IstKong
I missed South-East Asia so much, especially Malaysia and Singapore...

The food, the value of 5 stars hotels (in Malaysia), the climate, the very high standard of service...
​​​​​​
Me too. It's been winter here and I have missed being on holidays in the warm climate as I sit out by the pool, eating amazing food.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 2:38 am

Programs: All Diamond
Hi all from sunny Australia (Brisbane)
Whilst of course Australia has been affected the same as much of the rest of the world I feel lucky to have been living here in Brisbane because our life has not been affected thankfully as much as the rest of Australia or the rest of the world . From a personal point there has been disappointment in the fact that 2 parties of immediate family have not been able to visit but hopefully that could change mid 2021 . Still a chance of a bubble forming between Australia and New Zealand before the end of the year which would be awesome as I like New Zealand heaps .Queensland is a mighty big state and is operating pretty normally for us Queenslanders but the borders remain closed to some of our fellow Australians unfortunately but things appear to be improving .This year's Christmas holiday looks to be formed around the Cairns, Port Douglas and the Tablelands ares to which we are very grateful.
Take care all and ALL
Old Sep 28, 2020, 6:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH

@ jackr27: I'd take a closer look at Meliá, given your location. There are sweet spots and you might be able to get a status match or status via a credit card.
I have Melia Gold (status match from Iberia Plus) but the benefits don't seem all that great. But I need to explore them some more, since they are definitely better for 'holiday' sort of stays in Spain than Accor!
Old Sep 28, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Greetings from Indonesia! Where the people seems like to ignore these COVID 19.
Other countries start refusing Indonesians coming, but that is completely understandable.

Interestingly, local tourist attractions still packed during weekends or long weekends, even though the number of cases skyrocketing after those holidays.
And no one cares.

Personally I did have travel plan to Bali in October and November. Will have to continue monitor the situation and see if it safe to do so to proceed.

Stay Safe!
Old Sep 30, 2020, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Hello from home in Montreux. Since the Corona lockdown in mid March I have only stayed in two hotels and they have both been Accor properties. One was the ibis in Mainz, which was fine for one night. The other was the Mövenpick Zurich Airport, which was pleasant enough. Otherwise, all my foreign engagements have dried up, so I don't need to travel like I used to. I hope you are all coping with the various circumstances surrounding this situation. It will take a bit more time but we will get through it.
hotel_user likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.