Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sprint to Silver. Go for Gold. Progress to Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:19 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE

New offer from Accor to increase your status

Cant register - I am Platinum

No fast track to Diamond for me

Full details https://all.accor.com/promotions-off...0720AA&lang=en

​​​​​​​
jackr27, leoo, fifty_two and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Successfully registered (Silver).
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
An interesting attempt to attract guests to Accor hotels. But as a Gold member based in Europe, I find it rather useless.
Trying to get 60 nights would be a waste of time and money in my situation. The Platinum benefits are just not worth it.

I would get:
* 2 SNUs -- apparently, they are difficult to use
* free breakfast in Asia-Pacific -- I'm quite sure I won't be able to return to that region in H1 of 2021; it might be even difficult in H2
* access to Executive Lounges -- there are only 14 lounges in Europe
* free soft drinks at MGallery hotels -- I don't think I've stayed at any MGallery hotels so far

The only reason to get the 10 nights would be if they could be rolled over to 2021. It would help me keep the Gold card in 2022.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:45 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
This will be useful for me.

I am 11 nights short of Platinum after dropping down to Gold this year. So I should be able to stay for 1 night before the end of the year and reach Platinum.

To be honest, after a slow start, Accor have a fairly good job of incentivising stays with them this year.

I agree though that I have not noticed a huge amount of difference between Gold and Platinum. The free breakfast in Asia Pacific is the biggest difference.
testman and hotel_user like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:13 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by jackr27
I agree though that I have not noticed a huge amount of difference between Gold and Platinum. The free breakfast in Asia Pacific is the biggest difference.
that and the fact that many hotels in Asia Pacific have lounges (another platinum benefit), which seems to lack in other parts of the world, even in 5* properties.
jackr27 and hotel_user like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
* free soft drinks at MGallery hotels -- I don't think I've stayed at any MGallery hotels so far
As a frequent MGallery guest I must tell you this benefit is also quite useless now, as minibars have been emptied in pretty much all hotels because of health & safety. That said, MGalleries are some of the best hotels in the network, I encourage you to try them out!

Last edited by JTCz; Sep 25, 2020 at 7:50 am
Old Sep 22, 2020, 4:00 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
[QUOTE=JTCz;32692281]
* free soft drinks at MGallery hotels -- I don't think I've stayed at any MGallery hotels so far[/QUOTE

As a frequent MGallery guest I must tell you this benefit is also quite useless now, as minibars have been emptied in pretty much all hotels because of health & safety. That said, MGalleries are some of the best hotels in the network, I encourage you to try them out!

Totally agree We have had some super stays at this brand. For me it represents the best "bang per buck" on the Accor range ( although you have to watch some of the silly prices that they have from time to time ... but thats Accor ....)
testman likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
I can certainly recommend MGallery in Prague. It was a very good option, even though it was during this summer with the various restrictions etc.

Yes, the lounges are another big difference. Sadly, as mentioned by others, this is really only noticeable in Asia Pacific though. It's disappointing that many very good properties in Europe don't offer a lounge, and it does rather undermine the benefit.
nrouxel and hotel_user like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
Originally Posted by jackr27
I can certainly recommend MGallery in Prague. It was a very good option, even though it was during this summer with the various restrictions etc.
I've just checked prices at MGallery hotels in Poland and in the region for stays in early December. The one in Prague is very competitively priced - starting at just over 55 EUR per night. Sounds like a bargain.
On the other hand, the one in Kraków is around 140 EUR per night. I won't be staying there for sure
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by testman
I've just checked prices at MGallery hotels in Poland and in the region for stays in early December. The one in Prague is very competitively priced - starting at just over 55 EUR per night. Sounds like a bargain.
On the other hand, the one in Kraków is around 140 EUR per night. I won't be staying there for sure
If you were looking for a short break in Europe, I'd definitely recommend the MGallery in Prague. It was actually quite sad seeing it so empty and going for the welcome drink in an abandoned bar. It definitely feels like it was designed for more life. But, on the plus side, the rates are far below the normal, and when you're inside the room, there is little difference (and I can confirm the minibar was full...although I didn't partake).
testman and hotel_user like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
MGallery Kraków is certainly living up to the price tag, I spent a fair amount of money there two times and don't regret it - but there certainly are less expensive hotels in town. The MGallery in Prague is a steal, and recently renovated. I practically lived at the MGallery Budapest for quite a bit, it is owned by the same guy as MGallery Prague and also wholeheartedly recommended.

The MGallery Am Konzerthaus in Vienna is a very good one as well, they have just completely redone the rooms and you get 4x times for staying there as a "new opening" promo (remember to register before booking). Very good location if you want to be close to the Ring and the 1st district, but also not far from the CAT and Wien Mitte/Landstrasse. A new MGallery also opened in Athens if you are looking to espace the incoming cold, also points x4.

I have just returned from MGallery in Venice - might be the best hotel in Venice if you weigh location and amenities against the price.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Anyone received the 10 nights?

I finished stay. Got the points and night but not the 10+ extra.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by itisme
Anyone received the 10 nights?

I finished stay. Got the points and night but not the 10+ extra.
Same here. The confirmation email mentions some FCTG, so it might have limited target audience. But then again - if the registration went through and the account shows Fast Track, I'd expect the bonus to be credited.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:49 am

I got the 10 additional nights, it shows as Offer: Fast Track: FCTG.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by Barelyblue
I got the 10 additional nights, it shows as Offer: Fast Track: FCTG.
strange. Did you made the booking after registering for the offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.