Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sprint to Silver. Go for Gold. Progress to Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sprint to Silver. Go for Gold. Progress to Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by sdm1985
Hello, can you post the screenshot? Did you book via Flight Centre?

Thanks
No, I would have booked directly through Accor website (I've never used flight centre for any bookings). I suspect I've benefitted from Accor's IT (nice to benefit rather than lose out).
Marky Marks likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 8:18 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by itisme
I am writing to you regarding your request pertaining to the offer 012440 Sprint to Silver. Go for Gold. Progress to Platinum - faster.

The terms and conditions of the offer that you have accepted include the following:

" - Make their reservation via Flight Centre Centre Travel Group between August 1, 2020 and Dec, 31, 2020,"

In accordance with these terms and conditions I cannot respond favorably to you because the bookings of the stays you made were made through our app and website. We regularly offer new promotions on our website. Do not hesitate to consult the terms and conditions of the different offers in order to be able to be sure to benefit from them.

I thank you for your precious loyalty and wish you a pleasant weekend.
Standard Accor incompetence strikes again. There is absolutely nothing of the sort in the T&C's
Eligible Night: Night booked in a participating hotel, at eligible rates via ACCOR distribution channels (websites, Accor reservation center, hotels) and traditional travel agencies connected automatically with the ACCOR reservation center. Nights reserved with a reseller, a tour operator or a third-party online travel agency (such as Expedia.com, booking.com etc.) are not Eligible Nights and cannot be accumulated as Status Nights in order to obtain a Status or any Status Nights credit.
You should answer back.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 11:07 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Standard Accor incompetence strikes again. There is absolutely nothing of the sort in the T&C's

You should answer back.
There was in the Terms and Conditions of the offer. I think it's a bit of a YMMV situation.

1. General conditions relating to the Offer "Fast Track for Flight Centre Travel Group clients"
To the extent that membership of the Programme is mandatory, the ALL – Accor Live Limitless general conditions apply to the Offer. To benefit from the Offer in ACCOR hotels, the Member must:
- Register for the Offer between August 1, 2020 and Dec, 31, 2020,
- Make their reservation via Flight Centre Centre Travel Group between August 1, 2020 and Dec, 31, 2020,
- Make the Eligible Stay between August 1, 2020 and Dec, 31, 2020
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:05 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.

You should answer back.
their reply to what you said:

Thank you for you reply.

Here below the T&C of the offer Sprint to Silver. Go for Gold. Progress o Platinum- faster! that you can find on our website here no. 012440

" 1. General conditions relating to the Offer "Fast Track for Flight Centre Travel Group clients"
To the extent that membership of the Programme is mandatory, the ALL – Accor Live Limitless general conditions apply to the Offer. To benefit from the Offer in ACCOR hotels, the Member must:
- Register for the Offer between August 1, 2020 and Dec, 31, 2020,
- Make their reservation via Flight Centre Centre Travel Group between August 1, 2020 and Dec, 31, 2020,
- Make the Eligible Stay between August 1, 2020 and Dec, 31, 2020

2. Benefits granted by the Offer
After signing up to the Offer, Members may, depending on their status, benefit from a Status Nights credit offered after their first Eligible Stay of at least one night in one of the hotels participating in the ALL – Accor Live Limitless loyalty programme in accordance with the following scale: - A Classic Member signing up to the Offer will be credited 5 Status Nights.
- A Silver Member signing up to the Offer will be credited 7 Status Nights.
- A Gold Member signing up to the Offer will be credited 10 Status Nights.
Status levels higher than Gold are not eligible for the Offer.
3. In all communications with Accor call centres or customer services related to this offer, the Member must specify the following reference: 012440."

At the point 1 you can see that " Make their reservation via Flight Centre Centre Travel Group between August 1, 2020 and Dec, 31, 2020"

I thank you for your your understanding and for your loyalty.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:20 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

OK so I will pass on the fact that the T&C page I found somehow is different.
Nevertheless they bury something so primordial as this in the fine prints is nothing short of deception. The rules of any hotel programs is that to get awarded nights and points, plus benefits you need to book via the official website/app/phone of the hotel chain, never via a third party. For an exception they bury this important information in the T&Cs.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
OK so I will pass on the fact that the T&C page I found somehow is different.
Nevertheless they bury something so primordial as this in the fine prints is nothing short of deception. The rules of any hotel programs is that to get awarded nights and points, plus benefits you need to book via the official website/app/phone of the hotel chain, never via a third party. For an exception they bury this important information in the T&Cs.
if it was an American company i would’ve kept trying cause at some point they would just say they be giving the 10 nights as an ‘exception’ Or loyalty gift as the t&c and all wasn’t that clear. However they are French meaning no customer service or exceptions ever at all.
CanadaDH, fifty_two and hotel_user like this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:27 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
For an exception they bury this important information in the T&Cs.
I mean, arent exceptions and rules generally buried in the T&C's? If you go through life not reading T&C's, you're going to have a bad time.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:35 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

I do read T&Cs in general, but I would expect that the core of the promotion is mentioned also in the marketing part of the promo. Come on, does anybody here thinks it is fair to not mention that the normal way of earning points will not work in the announcement ?
jackr27, fifty_two and hotel_user like this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:53 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
That's fair enough. At the very least, the title should have been "Sprint to Silver.... etc etc with Flight Centre". Or something similar.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 7:42 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I mean, arent exceptions and rules generally buried in the T&C's? If you go through life not reading T&C's, you're going to have a bad time.
Most people do not read the terms and conditions - just the advert that said that there are some.

When was the list time you read all the T and C for Facebook, or Google ?

https://conversation.which.co.uk/tec...nd-conditions/

Its just human nature not to read them. ( Even the Accor ones - I have learnt the hard way though )
Old Oct 12, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I do read T&Cs in general, but I would expect that the core of the promotion is mentioned also in the marketing part of the promo. Come on, does anybody here thinks it is fair to not mention that the normal way of earning points will not work in the announcement ?
The terms and conditions of the promotion are on the promotion page. This is the way it is for most promotions across lots of programs. Sometimes, you need to stay two nights, sometimes book a certain way, and so on. I don't think there is anything unusual about how the T&Cs of this promotion were presented.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I tried getting through to Flight Centre last week but nobody got back to me when I asked just for a hotel booking.
So I just booked 3 nights in the Novotel anyway to see if it gets posted. I have the Fast Track on my Gold account so who knows. Maybe I'm lucky.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 3:22 pm

I have an email from FC stating they know nothing about the offer and I need to book directly with Accor...
Old Oct 14, 2020, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by sdm1985
I have an email from FC stating they know nothing about the offer and I need to book directly with Accor...
What a mess lol.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 6:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by perthite
I don't think there is anything unusual about how the T&Cs of this promotion were presented.
yes , there is something unusual , cause the main point is to book through a specific unknown 3rd party channel

LCAH / ALL used to do lot of sales promo for various targets and markets under different conditions , but with them i got used to the fact that , while minor specific details are specified in the T&C , the main points would be included in the materials used to communicate this offer (mail + website) , even in small characters on the bottom

That's how you play fair with your customers . . Or if you dont care then do not expect loyalty from them anymore and do not complain if you are going bankrupt

anyway , i guess their marketing department screwed up a bit on that case , or the managers decided to do it this way

i used to stay in ALL hotels but it was booked through 3rd parties which offer often similar prices than direct booking . i stopped doing it cause its useless to add a middleman who don't bring any additional value for the hotels , which are under lot of pressure from all sides and are useful to travel/tourism industry

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
doing it a bit never kills , but many companies are playing with that fact , making T&C as long and complex as they can to make people accept whatever they want

Last edited by fifty_two; Oct 15, 2020 at 6:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.