Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Get Accor Status for 2+ Years with Stays in 2020H2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get Accor Status for 2+ Years with Stays in 2020H2

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
In Brazil I'm paying an average of 40 EUR / night for 4-star hotels (Novotel and Mercure) and 70 EUR / night for 5-star hotels (Fairmont, Pullman and Grand Mercure). Most of these are flexible rates with breakfast included.

I believe 3-star rates are around 30 EUR / night at the moment.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
I gathered that H1 2020 Nights and Status Points now count for nothing, and that we effectively start from zero on 1st July 2020 and have 18 months to collect either 60 nights (Platinum) or 26,000 Status Points (Diamond) for 2022 Status.
Yup that's correct, hence my earlier comment in the thread where people chided me for being negative. I already earned 95% of my status for next year in H1 but it was pretty much meaningless I guess since everyone pretty much got that given anyway. I'd feel better if at least counted towards something, lifetime status perhaps? Given my three recent stays in the Bay Area over the past 30 days, and each property received 0 benefits as a Diamond, even charging on two for what is supposed to be included in the member benefits, I think I'm just about ready to move my business.

Last edited by hessinger; Sep 11, 2020 at 12:22 pm
Old Sep 12, 2020, 10:28 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
Is there anything official from Accor on this.
I had 6 nights in H1 of 2020 (inc 5 bonus as a silver). Have 51 planned in H2. Figured it was worth 3 nights as a status run to flick to Platinum for the free breakfast as NZ based.

With this policy would it be worth hitting platinum before 31-12-20, as then Id need 60 nights in 2021 to retain for 2022.
or is it worth remaining at 57 on NYE 2020 then waiting until 3 next year to hit plat, which would mean I retain until 31-12-22.

or doesnt it matter?
I can see the guidance on lounge lobby but nothing official from Accor
Dont want to be on 58 then be wiped for 2021...!

Thank you
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:51 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Hector99
Yes, this is a policy not a rumour. Mails were sent out in May (see post 1 above).
Old Sep 13, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Hector99
I had 6 nights in H1 of 2020 (inc 5 bonus as a silver). Have 51 planned in H2. Figured it was worth 3 nights as a status run to flick to Platinum for the free breakfast as NZ based.

With this policy would it be worth hitting platinum before 31-12-20, as then Id need 60 nights in 2021 to retain for 2022.
or is it worth remaining at 57 on NYE 2020 then waiting until 3 next year to hit plat, which would mean I retain until 31-12-22.

or doesnt it matter?
I can see the guidance on lounge lobby but nothing official from Accor
Dont want to be on 58 then be wiped for 2021...!

Thank you
My understanding is that you will be granted the roll-over nights regardless of tier level change. All what matters for the roll-over policy is H2 2020 stays. Based on that, I'd say that if you stay 54 nights in H2 2020, you can expect to have 54 nights credited right away for 2021, hence being just 6 nights short of status extension through 2022.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 2:10 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Originally Posted by IMH
Yes, this is a policy not a rumour. Mails were sent out in May (see post 1 above).
I’m curious what Accor will do for us still in hard lockdown in Melbourne. We’ve been locked away for months with more to come. Don’t think we will be travelling anywhere until Christmas at the earliest and that will be only domestically and zero biz travel until sometime well into 2021.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Well I am confused

I have reached 18,000 status points this year so far with another 1500 coming in the next few days and a couple more stays later in the year. These status points include the 7000 given in 1H 2020. I recieved an email that said i have been credited with 3 SNU. I have 7000-8000 status points remaining to get diamond level. i thought 2H 2020 was being rolled into 2021. Or if i do get another 7-8k points before 31st of December I will be leveled up to Diamond?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 1:58 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by tris06
I have reached 18,000 status points this year so far with another 1500 coming in the next few days and a couple more stays later in the year. These status points include the 7000 given in 1H 2020. I recieved an email that said i have been credited with 3 SNU. I have 7000-8000 status points remaining to get diamond level. i thought 2H 2020 was being rolled into 2021. Or if i do get another 7-8k points before 31st of December I will be leveled up to Diamond?
2H 2020 is not only rolled into 2021, it counts for 2020 as well. So if you reach 26k pts in 2020 you get Diamond, as in any other year. The only difference this year is that you get a head start on 2021: you will not start at zero, you will start at whatever you earned during 2H 2020.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 3:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
So would that mean say i earn 15,000 status points in 2H 2020? Not only will that get me a stack of Suite night certs In 2020 to use in 2021(not sure if their expiry will get extended) but will also contribute to 2021 grabbing more certs. Sounds like double dipping. But if so then i am happy. It will be close to Diamond after our christmas stay. I wondering if it is worth spending the extra 2-300 Euros or so to get across the line. Hope additional benefits come for diamond level to make it more attractive to retain.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
So would that mean say i earn 15,000 status points in 2H 2020? Not only will that get me a stack of Suite night certs In 2020 to use in 2021(not sure if their expiry will get extended) but will also contribute to 2021 grabbing more certs. Sounds like double dipping. But if so then i am happy. It will be close to Diamond after our christmas stay. I wondering if it is worth spending the extra 2-300 Euros or so to get across the line. Hope additional benefits come for diamond level to make it more attractive to retain.
There is nothing attractive about Diamond that isn't in Platinum. They originally announced 200 Euros in dining certificates, but have since removed that benefit after being unable to deliver it. I wouldn't spend anything to try to get there for the published benefits. The only conceivable benefit I can think of, is if you think you might be unable to maintain platinum in the next year, presumably reaching diamond would mean a soft landing to platinum the next year, even if you didn't spend a single night.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:30 am
Original Poster

The one benefit for which we would need more data points to reach conclusions about its attractiveness is whether upgrades (when NOT using suite night awards) are more frequent as Diamond than as Platinum.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:33 am
Original Poster

So would that mean say i earn 15,000 status points in 2H 2020? Not only will that get me a stack of Suite night certs In 2020 to use in 2021(not sure if their expiry will get extended) but will also contribute to 2021 grabbing more certs. Sounds like double dipping. But if so then i am happy.
Yes I think that's how it will work, which is why starting in July I have had a greater tendency to book with Accor than other hotel chains, because this promo is very good. However since October 1st Hyatt is joining the bandwagon and is also counting all nights Oct-Dec in both 2020 and 2021 (hence the double-dipping as you call it) so for the last three months of the year I anticipate a mix of Accor and Hyatt for me.

Renewing status in 2021 will never have been easier, short of flat out extensions which we had this year!
Old Oct 8, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by escape4
The one benefit for which we would need more data points to reach conclusions about its attractiveness is whether upgrades (when NOT using suite night awards) are more frequent as Diamond than as Platinum.
And we're not going to get those data points for a long time; perhaps years. We're in a temporary world of unprecedented high hotel capacity and low travel demand. With hotel vacancies high, I would expect lots of upgrades on arrival at all of the upper statuses. And for those people who are Diamond, I wouldn't in any way record an upgrade received as a predictive data point on the value of Diamond. We're just not in normal times. Let's see what happens when the hotel is operating at 95% capacity. Who knows when that will happen, but eventually it will.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
And we're not going to get those data points for a long time; perhaps years. We're in a temporary world of unprecedented high hotel capacity and low travel demand. With hotel vacancies high, I would expect lots of upgrades on arrival at all of the upper statuses. And for those people who are Diamond, I wouldn't in any way record an upgrade received as a predictive data point on the value of Diamond. We're just not in normal times. Let's see what happens when the hotel is operating at 95% capacity. Who knows when that will happen, but eventually it will.
And we would need many data points by property, not only in general. I would need to hear that Mr Diamond checked-in hotel ABC and was upgraded to a suite, and in the same month Mr Platinum was upgraded to a room with a view in that same hotel ABC. I agree that it will take a long time for us to get sufficient reports about this.

Regarding the fact that we are in a temporary period of high capacity, if I heard that upgrades are unusually generous and that Diamonds get upgraded to premium suites and Platinums to standard suites (or Diamonds standard suites, Platinums top room type below suites), then that would satisfy me about the value of Diamond status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.