Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Diamond dining vouchers - where the heck are they?

Old May 18, 2020, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE

So, has anybody heard anything about how to use these stupid dining vouchers? I've had this message in my account since the beginning of the year, with a message to 'stay tuned'.

Accor had been planning the new ALL program for a long time, and there's no excuse for not having it available at the start of the year. But, still nothing. This is arguably the only, measly, stupid benefit that makes Diamond slightly more useful than Platinum status, and the benefit is still "coming in 2020".

I guess the way things are going, I will reach the end of the year and have all of these "rewards" unused (or even unavailable), along with 17 completely useless and unused Suite Upgrades.

Has anybody heard anything about these dining rewards or seen them appear in their accounts?
Brendan and lpolchlop like this.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
So, has anybody heard anything about how to use these stupid dining vouchers? I've had this message in my account since the beginning of the year, with a message to 'stay tuned'.

Accor had been planning the new ALL program for a long time, and there's no excuse for not having it available at the start of the year. But, still nothing. This is arguably the only, measly, stupid benefit that makes Diamond slightly more useful than Platinum status, and the benefit is still "coming in 2020".

I guess the way things are going, I will reach the end of the year and have all of these "rewards" unused (or even unavailable), along with 17 completely useless and unused Suite Upgrades.

Has anybody heard anything about these dining rewards or seen them appear in their accounts?
Sorry, I don't have any inside info but if the Ts+Cs are correct then if the vouchers are credited this year they won't expire until Dec 31st next year. Now whether you can still use them next year if you drop off your Diamond perch is anyone's guess.
Old May 19, 2020, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Sorry, I don't have any inside info but if the Ts+Cs are correct then if the vouchers are credited this year they won't expire until Dec 31st next year. Now whether you can still use them next year if you drop off your Diamond perch is anyone's guess.
If the vouchers carry into next year, then that works. No risk of losing Diamond. I'd already requalified before I had to cancel my March vacation, and I still have 1 more stay coming up in July (which I'm hoping still goes ahead; it's a domestic vacation, so travel should still be possible) that will earn ~28k status points all on its own. I'd rather be able to carry forward excess points instead.
Old May 19, 2020, 7:10 am

I'd rather be able to carry forward excess points instead.

I can grant you your wish:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32387138-post751.html

Roll-Over Status Nights / Points: ALL status nights and points earned between July 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will be rolled over to jump start your elite qualification on January 1, 2021, allowing you to earn elite status faster in the 2022 program year.
Brendan, CanadaDH and hotel_user like this.
Old May 19, 2020, 7:16 am
Original Poster

I can grant you your wish:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32387138-post751.html

Roll-Over Status Nights / Points: ALL status nights and points earned between July 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will be rolled over to jump start your elite qualification on January 1, 2021, allowing you to earn elite status faster in the 2022 program year.
Well that makes things easy! That means as of July 21, 2020, Diamond to the end of 2022 will be done. Too bad ALL status isn't worth much, but that's a different discussion.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 7:47 am

and I still have 1 more stay coming up in July (which I'm hoping still goes ahead; it's a domestic vacation, so travel should still be possible) that will earn ~28k status points all on its own.
Taking out the 30n/7000pt Covid boost for Platinum this year my stats are;

82 nights | 8121 Status points

I must be sleeping in your Minibar
hotel_user likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:10 am

Programs: ALL Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Honors Gold
I just navigated the Diamond benefits and realized that Accor killed the Dining & Spa rewards for this year. No idea when they changed that, but I did not receive an email or other notification regarding this benefit cancellation yet.

It is a little disappointing, as I became Diamond member with already 74 nights and 37507 points in this year, and I keep on frequenting Accor to collect more points that will be carried over into next year (Only 5000 points of my current points I collected in after July). Of course I didn't go for Diamond just because of this benefit. But I kept my loyalty amid Covid, so I would appreciate that Accor would keep its promises.

Old Aug 25, 2020, 4:09 am

Why would it matter to you. There are so many other valuable benefits of Diamond Status like ummm, ummm, ummm............ Let me get back to you on that
Old Aug 25, 2020, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Of course, logging in to my account, it still says the vouchers will be delivered sometime in 2020. I guess I shouldn't expect consistency of communication across different channels with Accor. That requires thinking and planning skills just not available in the Accor toolbox.

Blaming the removal of the benefit on COVID? Wow. That's really lame, even for Accor. They should just come right out and admit the truth, that their IT systems and staff are garbage, and they just can't figure out how to deliver the benefit. Hotel restaurants are open and operating, so there is nothing about COVID that should prevent the offering of this benefit. I'm disappointed, but not in any way surprised. Dropping the ball, delivering poor service and offering a program with poor customer benefits is what Accor excels at. It's the one area they leave all other hotel operators in the dust. Now there really is absolutely nothing in Diamond that isn't in Platinum!

Last edited by CanadaDH; Aug 25, 2020 at 7:09 am
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks for posting this info. Knowing the situation, I can understand this. Tons of hotels will go under this fall. It’s no time to “give cash” through additional benefits IMHO. Some hotels in touristic destinations in a Europe will have had a decent summer but I am afraid that the fall and the winter will be catastrophic everywhere. International borders are still closed and restrictions intra-Schengen are coming back as fast as the bad weather.
nrouxel and hotel_user like this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Why would it matter to you. There are so many other valuable benefits of Diamond Status like ummm, ummm, ummm............ Let me get back to you on that
extra apples?

Btw it seems like even the apples start disappearing from Accor's hotels
Old Dec 20, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: FB Ultimate and PFL & ALL Accor Diamond
No dining vouchers here and I am also very upset about the use (or better not be able to use) suite upgrade vouchers... what a DRAMA.
Takes ages to (try to) book... hotels not joining, staff doesn't know about the vouchers, not available etc etc... pfff I gave up... have 18 left unused.
Complaint, but no answer.

For the rest I always get an upgrade and my drink voucher... so OK for me... and the many points I use for private trips :-)
Old Jul 24, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: FB Ultimate and PFL & ALL Accor Diamond
Anybody some new experiences on suite upgrade or diner vouchers?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PascalGie
Anybody some new experiences on suite upgrade or diner vouchers?
1) The dining vouchers promised to Diamond members were never issued afaik.

2) I have collected a few hundred data points so far regarding SNUs (mainly at Fairmont properties). Main conclusion: The whole process is terribly convoluted, inefficient and time-consuming. Depending on the property, eligible suites and the underlying rates loaded into the system, the value offered by using SNUs ranges from negative to spectacular.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
1) The dining vouchers promised to Diamond members were never issued afaik.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jul 24, 2021 at 6:58 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.