Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

13% discount on Fairmont GCs at raise.com!

13% discount on Fairmont GCs at raise.com!

Old May 16, 2020, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow 13% discount on Fairmont GCs at raise.com!

Plus they promise 6.5% "Raise Cash" for the purchase of other GCs. Also, new customers can get 10% off with maximum discount of $20.
So, buy a US$250 Fairmont GC for US$217.50 - $20 = $197.50. Plus get a free $12.84 GC for somewhere else! And don't forget to click-thru Topcashback. Rakuten. or an airline's e-mail!
WARNING: IDK about their guarantee. Proceed with caution given the Hyatt GC fraud fiasco of several years ago!
Old May 20, 2020, 7:06 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Interesting - I am not familiar with raise.com. Who is selling these gift cards? I am assuming most folks who wanted Fairmont gift cards did so earlier this month, but if this sale from raise.com came around a few months after the Fairmont sale is over, some of us might be running on empty at that time.
Old May 20, 2020, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Escape4, given that they're all either $250 or $100 (no odd amounts) and all the same price or nearly so, I suspect that Fairmont has sold these in a secret deal with Raise.com, who is retailing them to the public. Fairmont may be aiming for a market segment that didn't see the flash sale of May 6. Who knows how long it will continue.
escape4 likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
It might not be a secret deal. There are many programs out there, where businesses offer their gift cards for sale through various charitable organizations with a commission back to the charity. Many non-profits and charities use such programs as ways to raise funds. Depending on the retailer, I think the discounts typically range from 3% to 10%. I don't know anything about raise.com, but discounted/commissioned gift cards for charities are not uncommon. So, it could be perfectly legitimate. However, I wouldn't touch it, as I don't know anything about this organization. Besides, I'm nicely stocked up from the Monther's Day sale direct from Fairmont.
escape4 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.