Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Hotwire/Sofitel Refunds during Corona Pandemic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA: 2 MM

We always try to stay at the Sofitel LHR after flying from the U.S. It's easy to get on Hotwire because it's the only 5* hotel in the area and the Hotwire discount is usually huge. We canceled our upcoming June trip and got word from Hotwire that some hotels were allowing cancelations and providing refunds. We had another night at a Hilton property. Just got a refund today from Hotwire/Hilton but no word on the Sofitel. I am certainly not complaining, because I know the risks of booking on Hotwire. I'm just surprised that Sofitel seems to be one of the lone sticklers on providing refunds during the pandemic.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:12 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
We always try to stay at the Sofitel LHR after flying from the U.S. It's easy to get on Hotwire because it's the only 5* hotel in the area and the Hotwire discount is usually huge. We canceled our upcoming June trip and got word from Hotwire that some hotels were allowing cancelations and providing refunds. We had another night at a Hilton property. Just got a refund today from Hotwire/Hilton but no word on the Sofitel. I am certainly not complaining, because I know the risks of booking on Hotwire. I'm just surprised that Sofitel seems to be one of the lone sticklers on providing refunds during the pandemic.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...ngs-status-etc

Accor is out of touch with this and far beyond all competitors in term of policies and communications.
starflyergold and hotel_user like this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 4:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Credit Card Charge Back ?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hotel_user
Credit Card Charge Back ?
I got the Hilton credit card charge back. From Sofitel, I haven't even received confirmation of the request for a refund.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fransknorge
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...ngs-status-etc

Accor is out of touch with this and far beyond all competitors in term of policies and communications.
Broken link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.