Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Self-Isolate / Quarantine Rates (-40%)

Old Mar 23, 20, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Saw this posted on Facebook. Great initiative I think. More hotels should follow.

This is from the Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach (
).

Anybody know of hotels that are doing this in Europe?

Edit:// Seems I can't link to the Facebook Post, but it's on the hotel page.
pilot007, testman and 3544quebec like this.
Old Mar 23, 20, 5:02 am

Programs: Still ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
That has got to be a joke - right ?
wkndtraveler and kimberlyrose like this.
Old Mar 23, 20, 5:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Gold
Good lord, their judgement has failed them so badly.
redadeco and kimberlyrose like this.
Old Mar 23, 20, 6:11 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Bad taste. They should make rooms available for disadvantaged people, not up sell their empty rooms.
Old Mar 23, 20, 6:38 am
Original Poster

They have done in some hotels in France..

To be fair I don’t think this is such a bad idea. Better than closing down no?

I mean where should those go who DO have to self-isolate for 14 days?

Or those who are sick, but not sick enough to use up a hospital bed nor good enough to return home to others.
LoungeLizardHugo and frogster like this.
Old Mar 23, 20, 6:46 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
They have done in some hotels in France..

To be fair I don’t think this is such a bad idea. Better than closing down no?

I mean where should those go who DO have to self-isolate for 14 days?

Or those who are sick, but not sick enough to use up a hospital bed nor good enough to return home to others.
Make the hotel available to the authorities and let them decide based on need. Use it for health care professionals and those who have nowhere else to go.
Old Mar 23, 20, 6:52 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: Free Agent
Don't know specifically about Accor but the authorities here (Montréal, Québec) are requisitioning hotel rooms to lodge health care workers and non-intensive care patients to free up hospital beds.
That is the correct approach.
kimberlyrose and hotel_user like this.
Old Mar 23, 20, 6:55 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Ruby (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
Exactly what starflyergold is saying.

This is a disgusting approach trying to capitalize on a worldwide public health crisis. Shame on Accor.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Mar 23, 20, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
Make the hotel available to the authorities and let them decide based on need. Use it for health care professionals and those who have nowhere else to go.
I agree that would be better. If that isn't happening though, I don't see this as such a bad in-between idea - better than all forms of accommodation shutting down entirely imo.
It's a win for the hotel and a win for somebody who is stuck abroad and can't get home anymore - where else are these people supposed to stay?
In some regions hotels had already shut down since mid last week even for example and if you were stuck stranded there then you had a bit of a problem methinks..
bsi likes this.
Old Mar 23, 20, 8:59 am

I think this is a very good solution. Singapore doesn't have many cases so they don't need to use empty hotels for treatment but for residents coming home from other countries and need to stay in quarantine away from their family or don't have home in SIN this will be a good solution. Don't see the problem in keeping the hotel open for business.
bsi likes this.
Old Mar 23, 20, 9:41 am

As someone who will need to enter self-isolation in 2 days , I for one applaud The Novotel for this. What do people who criticise this think self-isolators who can't stay at home because of elderly/at-risk family members should do? Given that the guidelines do not allow going out shopping for groceries ( deliveries are an option) this package really relieves the stress of an extremely stressful situation.

The authorities have enough on their plate without having to manage self-isolators as well when hotels can manage and if empowered monitor compliance. The less difficult you make the logistics of 14 days of self-isolation, the greater the compliance will be.

The criticism is totally unjustified.

If the authorities at some point require these rooms for quarantining recovering/less ill patients, they I am sure will have the power to requisition the hotel. Until that point the greater that compliance is with strict self-isolation the fewer the number of patients who might necessitate requisitioning of the hotel.

Kudos to Novotel Brighton Beach - now I'll go and check the pricing to make sure my platitudes are not misplaced!
Old Mar 23, 20, 9:59 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold, IHG Spire
Considering that Hotels in Hong Kong are doing this as well as seen in other threads. I see no problem, the best available rate discount 40% including full meals.
Old Mar 23, 20, 10:05 am

https://www.novotelbrightonbeach.com..._17791-en.html

Terms & conditions
  • 40% discount off best available public rate.
  • Room upgrade subject to availability.
  • Room service package $70.00 per person per day for the whole day or $15.00 breakfast, $20.00 lunch & $35.00 dinner.
  • Should stay reduce to less than 14 nights, the best available rate will apply.
  • Weekly advance deposit for each week of accommodation is required.
For the dates I'm looking at the rate is $131/n with 40% off Flexible rate and maybe $109/n if AccorPlus extra 10% discount applies (compared to lowest AccorPlus rate available on the website of $148/n)
The breakfast/lunch/dinner prices listed above are perfectly reasonable for room service meals - this doesn't seem like price gouging to me

I am flying LAX-AKL-SYD-BNE tonight and would seriously consider jumping off in Sydney to take advantage of this package if not for the fact that after my 14 day self-isolation in Sydney I would then have to wash, rinse repeat after my onward flight to Brisbane to comply with Queensland's new regulations
Mwenenzi likes this.

Last edited by 3544quebec; Mar 23, 20 at 10:13 am
Old Mar 23, 20, 10:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
I believe these rooms aimed at those people who elect to self isolate by their own will.

Say returning from overseas.
Rather than return home and infected their family.

Some of my friends did exactly this when they return from overseas.
Old Mar 23, 20, 12:46 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
I think it’s a great idea as well. We don’t yet have a need for turning hotels into hospitals and delaying that by making it easy to self isolate is the way to go. Especially when you have a hotel so close to the airport, minimising contact during transit on arrival.
lokijuh likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: