FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Is anyone using Accor Hotels at the moment ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/2013478-anyone-using-accor-hotels-moment.html)

hotel_user Mar 18, 2020 9:49 am

Is anyone using Accor Hotels at the moment ?

With most of the world "shut down" in the hospitality industry .... is anyone using hotels ?

starflyergold Mar 18, 2020 10:23 am

I took the liberty to create a poll. ;)

guear Mar 18, 2020 10:25 am

No but it isn't specific to Accor only. No travel in general.

DYKWIA Mar 18, 2020 11:19 am

It may be better to ask...

"Will you be using Accor once everything settles down?".

I'll be avoiding them wherever possible.

nrouxel Mar 18, 2020 11:22 am

Not traveling for the moment

hotel_user Mar 18, 2020 11:43 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 32202688)
It may be better to ask...

"Will you be using Accor once everything settles down?".

I'll be avoiding them wherever possible.

That's what I wanted to do, but my IT skills are almost non existent ( I love auto correct on spelling btw ).

For me, Accor have not shown leadership in this, puting and pushing the problem down to the individual hotel ( franchise ) who will be trying to keep cash to pay staff etc. There have been some good customer care shown by some Accor hotels, but some truly dreadful shown by others. Unfortunately, one bad apple .....

Accor should take the hit themselves, refund money directly, or at a push refund in points ( with a long expiry date )

There are no winners in this, but Accor is going out of its way to be a looser.

TomMM Mar 18, 2020 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by hotel_user (Post 32202806)
There are no winners in this, but Accor is going out of its way to be a looser.

Maybe you should ask "Will anyone be using Accor Hotels in the future?".

nock Mar 18, 2020 4:40 pm

I was looking around to see what has happened to room prices. Not much apparently. I can't even see tower rooms at SF. I figure they just threw up their hands and said, what's the point.

markis10 Mar 19, 2020 12:40 am

I am, I live in one :p, although my travel is significantly down I hope to be in an accor hotel next week

hotel_user Mar 19, 2020 2:19 am

Originally Posted by nock (Post 32204119)
I was looking around to see what has happened to room prices. Not much apparently. I can't even see tower rooms at SF. I figure they just threw up their hands and said, what's the point.

I would not have expected room rates to be lowered. If you can travel and stay you will pay the going rate.

No one can buy trade in this situation, as most will be either unwilling or unable to travel / stay.

When this is all over, then I expect some lowering of prices to try to recover the "good will" that Accor have lost

starflyergold Mar 19, 2020 3:15 am

Originally Posted by nock (Post 32204119)

Under normal circumstances you lower the price to stimulate demand. That is not desirable at the moment as people should stay at home right now and as for the future, who knows how this will pan out.

Todbringer Mar 19, 2020 3:31 am

Hmmm, anyone thinks there is any chance they gonna prolong time to gather status points due to all this?

starflyergold Mar 19, 2020 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Todbringer (Post 32205756)
Hmmm, anyone thinks there is any chance they gonna prolong time to gather status points due to all this?

Eventually yes, or just extend status. But the hospitality industry will look very differently when all of this is over....

Todbringer Mar 20, 2020 3:47 am

Just got an email stating they will give us 50% nights&points for our current status.

That's ok with me, fair.

What do you mean it will look differently? In what way?

3544quebec Mar 20, 2020 4:19 am

When home in Australia I'm pretty much living in them. My upcoming 14 days self isolation will be spent in a Mantra. Boy do I hope that I get a Platinum upgrade from a Deluxe to a Studio which is twice as big. Otherwise I will go stir crazy. But at $54/night I am lowering my expectations. Wonder if they will deliver a Platinum breakfast bag to the room?