Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Novotel Ambassador Seoul Dongdaemun

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

238 Eulji-ro Gwanghui-dong, Seoul South Korea

Novotel Ambassador Seoul Dongdaemun (0 Photo)

I had two seperate stays here in February as a Platinum Member. Both stays were excellent. 

Check In

Check-in is on the 20th Floor (with the rooms on the floors below). I arrived about 11am and was told that my room was ready. I was given a complimentary drinks voucher and a sheet which explained the ammenities available to Platinum Guests. On both occassions I stayed at this hotel the staff were excellent - the service was polite and professional. 

Due to the Coronavirus temperatures were checked on the ground floor and again at check-in on the 20th Floor. There was hand-gel being proactively offered everywhere (entry to the hotel, check-in and entry into the food and beverage outlets). 

A welcome gift (macarroon and fruit) was brought to the room after check-in. 

Room

I had two seperate rooms on the 16th and then 17th floor with a view facing Euljiro and the shopping centres at Dongdaemun. The view was excellent and the window also opened slightly for ventilation. 

I booked a Superior room and the room I got looked like a Superior room but with a coffee machine present. Nethertheless the room was modern, well-appointed and off a good size. There was a huge TV, small desk, seat and coffee table. There was also lots of space to store baggage which was good. 

One thing I wasn't so keen on was the bathroom. It was a modern open plan bathroom but with two sliding doors that could be closed to seperate the bathroom from the bedroom. Whilst this is great in that it allows people the choice of having an open plan bathroom or a normal private bathroom, my preference is for a normal seperate bathroom with a normal door. That said the bathroom was modern, had an excellent shower and a hi-tech toilet. 

Service

Excellent all round. Very polite and professional. 

Dining

Breakfast in the main dining hall was of a high quality and a large choice of Western, Korean and Asian food. Being on the 20th floor, the views from the main dining hall were excellent. Breakfast in the lounge (on the 19th floor) was of the same high-quality but a more limited selection. 

Afternoon tea in the lounge was just some very small biscuits / pastries and tea / coffee. Nothing to get excited about. 

Dinner in the lounge was excellent, with 3-4 hot options, salad options, cake and cheese. The chicken which was served most nights was very nice. Overall it was very very good - I'd say close to the offering of the Sofitel Macau. 

The staff in all dining outlets were very good. 

Unbeatable for tourist visits. The hotel is under a 5 minute walk from 3 Subway lines and the shopping centres at Dongdaemun. If you like walking it is under a 20 minute walk to Myeongdong (or a couple of stops on the Subway).

In the Dongdaemun area around the hotel there are lots and lots of bars, conveninece stores, cafes and restaurants. There's also an alley near the hotel with several Uzbek restaurants. 

Overall

This is an excellent hotel in an excellent location with an excellent executive lounge. I would certainly stay here again in Seoul. 

Would you like to write a review on the Novotel Ambassador Seoul Dongdaemun?

No, thank you.
Yes
est-gratuite and Goldorak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.