Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:21 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium

Accor announced on its official Weibo account that those who have booked Accor-branded hotels in the Greater China region for stays on/before February 2 can contact the hotel to change their booking or to request a free refund.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Cancelling a non refundable room?

Wonder if Accor ever bends on their prepaid non cancellable rooms charges, if it is one of the cities possibly affected by the Corona Virus or if there is a travel warning for that destination?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:39 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
See there https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...han-china.html
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg
Wonder if Accor ever bends on their prepaid non cancellable rooms charges, if it is one of the cities possibly affected by the Corona Virus or if there is a travel warning for that destination?
If there is a travel warning, isn't that what travel insurance is for?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by znsm
If there is a travel warning, isn't that what travel insurance is for?
I do not buy travel insurance for every hotel night and every trip. I prefer to self insure for smaller cost eventualities.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg
I do not buy travel insurance for every hotel night and every trip. I prefer to self insure for smaller cost eventualities.
Which is sensible and probably cost effective... But the question sounded like if Accor should accommodate a refund. They might do but have no obligation, that is what travel insurance- either actual insurance or self funded where you are prepared bear the loss- is for...
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Call the property directly during its regular business hours and ask. Nothing better than a first-hand source.

If you chosen not to insure, that may be a good decision because it's not worth it overall. But, you may want to look at an annual policy if you travel enough. A lot cheaper than per ticket / hotel and gets you coverage when the unforseen comes to pass.
trooper likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Call the property directly during its regular business hours and ask. Nothing better than a first-hand source.

If you chosen not to insure, that may be a good decision because it's not worth it overall. But, you may want to look at an annual policy if you travel enough. A lot cheaper than per ticket / hotel and gets you coverage when the unforseen comes to pass.
Thanks. The property actually is in Taiwan which is not subject to travel restrictions (yet). It's only one night at a discount rate.

As for insurance covering hotel cancellations, I have done the metrics. In 40 plus years of travel I have been out one prepaid hotel room for 3 nights, and even at that it would have been for a non-insurable reason. (ie I just did not want to visit the city any more). I have other types of insurance from other sources at no cost to me (medical coverage etc).
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:56 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
With Status Acor like most other hotel groups allow regualar guests a degree of flex when needing to cancel pre paid rooms. I find with Bonvoy however, status does give access to flexi rate rooms which are not that more expensive.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Cancellation of Non-Refundable Bookings Due to Corona Virus

It may be of relevance to summarise experience with how Accor hotels are dealing with cancellation of non-refundable pre-paid bookings. I have just cancelled two rooms booked for February 6th at the Ibis Styles Singapore on MacPherson. They immediately responded positively by agreeing to waive the normal booking conditions. Excellent behaviour by Ibis Singapore!
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:54 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Maybe it is time for AccorHotels Concierge to clarify the refund/cancellation policy for China (mainland and other territories) as well other Asian countries if this extends to those. I'm sure Chinese customers also would like to know if they can get refunds for worldwide bookings.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:53 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I had no issues cancelling a stay at the Fairmont Peace hotel in Shanghai. I simply took a screenshot of the Weibo announcement and asked for cancellation without penalty. Less than 30mins later I had a reply from the hotel confirming the cancellation. The SNU I was planning to use was back in my account immediately.

I was really looking forward to staying there, i was legitimately disappointed I had to cancel it.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:48 pm

Just cancelled pre-paid reservations with ibis New Delhi Aerocity and ibis Jaipur. The hotels replied within one day and fully understood the situation.

By the way the announcement on ALL website tells you to contact Accor representative by phone for cancellation. I called and was told to contact hotel directly.

Last edited by ftakak; Feb 6, 2020 at 11:12 pm
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Sofitel Singapore City Centre refuses to allow refunds on any reservations.... shameful. I understand the reservation was non-refundable but it's a bit nonsensical with the epidemic to be completely inflexible.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by bsb7140
Sofitel Singapore City Centre refuses to allow refunds on any reservations.... shameful. I understand the reservation was non-refundable but it's a bit nonsensical with the epidemic to be completely inflexible.
Could hurt them in the long run. If there was a refund people might of booked and if the hysteria dies down gone on their holiday and spent money in their country. However with the inflexibility people probably won't even attempt it just in case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.