Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Old May 24, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I see no issue with a no-show fee. If the guest has not contacted the hotel to inform them of their requirement to change or cancel the booking, it is reasonable for them to assume the guest will be staying, and to charge a no-show fee accordingly.

Of course, the hotel needs to be able to be contacted, which has been an issue with many of the hotels over this period. Going three weeks without a reply contact from the hotel is unacceptable - even if the hotel is closed, the generic reservations email should be getting monitored.

I guess some travelers may just give up with the difficulty of the ALL non refundable policy and then do a no show. Guess they may well be in for a surprise on their CC.
Old May 24, 2020, 1:24 pm

[QUOTE=Engineering Travel;32397263

If the points are returned then more than happy with this.[/QUOTE]

So to bring to the end my dealings with the Sofitel Nusa Dua, the points have been returned to my ALL account today (around 36 hours later)..

Happy with the result and I do hope that this will assist others who have non refundable bookings made with points..

Good luck to those in a similar situation..
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC
Have read Wiki and still none the wiser on this situation...

Scenario had a non refundable booking in Naples for June, cannot get there so contacted for credit voucher as per wiki told can use for new reservation through to June 2021.

Question is this...

How do you do the booking?
Use Accor app and book refundable rate and contact hotel to get credit applied?
OR contact hotel to make the reservation and they will add it to the Accor system?

Also while original booking was in June, can I wait until July to make the new reservation since need to get calendar for 2021 figured out and co-ordinate with work and family etc

Big apology if this was answered elsewhere, have been following the Accor situation intermittently and read things here a few times but don't recall seeing these questions.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by FlyingGarden
Have read Wiki and still none the wiser on this situation...

Scenario had a non refundable booking in Naples for June, cannot get there so contacted for credit voucher as per wiki told can use for new reservation through to June 2021.

Question is this...

How do you do the booking?
Use Accor app and book refundable rate and contact hotel to get credit applied?
OR contact hotel to make the reservation and they will add it to the Accor system?

Also while original booking was in June, can I wait until July to make the new reservation since need to get calendar for 2021 figured out and co-ordinate with work and family etc

Big apology if this was answered elsewhere, have been following the Accor situation intermittently and read things here a few times but don't recall seeing these questions.

I would recommend that you contact the hotel directly either via email or telephone, explaining what you want to do and open a dialog with them.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:50 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
For insurance purposes, I need to show that Accor didn't have a global policy for vouchering non-refundable bookings until March 12.
Any ideas?
Old May 29, 2020, 2:41 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by LukeO9
For insurance purposes, I need to show that Accor didn't have a global policy for vouchering non-refundable bookings until March 12.
Any ideas?
That was on the 13th of march : https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/03/13/...march-13-2020/
Old May 29, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by nrouxel
Brilliant. TY.
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 6:23 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Accor Plus membership extension FAQs:
https://www.accorplus.com/en/about/extension-faqs

When will the extension take place?

The extension will take place automatically by 31 May 2020. Members will then be able to view their new membership expiry date in their member profile when they log on to their account via accorplus.com, all.accor.com or the Accor All app.
Well, 31 May has come and gone. My membership expiry date is still showing my normal expiry date of 31 Dec 2020.
sycokid and hotel_user like this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Well, 31 May has come and gone. My membership expiry date is still showing my normal expiry date of 31 Dec 2020.

Ditto. ( But showing end of August - I can not leave Spain till then .... not that I have any plans - apart from Andorra )
Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Originally Posted by hotel_user
Ditto. ( But showing end of August - I can not leave Spain till then .... not that I have any plans - apart from Andorra )
Ditto
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: LH-SEN
French refund voucher restrictions

Have received a refund voucher today from Mercure Nice (Promenade des Anglais) the wording of which is as follows:
In compliance with the latest French Government "Order No. 2020-315 of March 25, 2020 relating to the financial conditions for the resolution of certain tourist travel and stay contracts in case of exceptional and unavoidable circumstances or force majeure".
Based on this order, instead of a refund, we can thus propose to postpone the stay following these conditions :

. Retroactive application for stays cancelled by the hotel or by the client since March 1 and for future stays until September 15.
. For a service identical or equivalent to the service provided in the cancelled contract mentioned and in the same establishment,
A credit note of the amount paid by the client,
. Validity period of eighteen (18) months, at the end of which the guest may request a refund if the credit note has not been used.

While I was aware of the conditions in general I was surprised by the part I've bolded - essentially saying that the voucher can only be used for the same room type etc. as per the original booking. Can anyone advise me as to whether this restriction is in line with the French regulations or has just been stipulated by the hotel?

Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Abouttimetoo
Have received a refund voucher today from Mercure Nice (Promenade des Anglais) the wording of which is as follows:
In compliance with the latest French Government "Order No. 2020-315 of March 25, 2020 relating to the financial conditions for the resolution of certain tourist travel and stay contracts in case of exceptional and unavoidable circumstances or force majeure".
Based on this order, instead of a refund, we can thus propose to postpone the stay following these conditions :

. Retroactive application for stays cancelled by the hotel or by the client since March 1 and for future stays until September 15.
. For a service identical or equivalent to the service provided in the cancelled contract mentioned and in the same establishment,
A credit note of the amount paid by the client,
. Validity period of eighteen (18) months, at the end of which the guest may request a refund if the credit note has not been used.

While I was aware of the conditions in general I was surprised by the part I've bolded - essentially saying that the voucher can only be used for the same room type etc. as per the original booking. Can anyone advise me as to whether this restriction is in line with the French regulations or has just been stipulated by the hotel?

This is a very surprising wording to mention the room type with all details (breakfast, etc). I dont't think the French regulation is going into that kind of details. But the fact that it is valid for 18 months and refundable if not used is definitely in line with the French regulation.
I would have expected just a credit note for the amount pre-paid, period. But I think this is the way it will be considered when you read the other conditions (new stay cheaper/more expensive). For your new stay, I recommend you to contact the hotel for the booking, instead of booking on the website. So the hotel can make the link between the voucher and the new booking.
Abouttimetoo and hotel_user like this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE

Mine has just been extended by six months - now expires on 28th Feb 2021 ( and the points expiry by 2 months till April 2021 )

Hopefully will be able to use
sycokid likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 4:37 am

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is a very surprising wording to mention the room type with all details (breakfast, etc). I dont't think the French regulation is going into that kind of details. But the fact that it is valid for 18 months and refundable if not used is definitely in line with the French regulation.
I would have expected just a credit note for the amount pre-paid, period. But I think this is the way it will be considered when you read the other conditions (new stay cheaper/more expensive). For your new stay, I recommend you to contact the hotel for the booking, instead of booking on the website. So the hotel can make the link between the voucher and the new booking.
I received the following from Pullman Bordeaux;Unfortunately, we will not be able to refund you but we can offer you to postpone your stay until 18 months (January 2022). If you can’t come back before January 2022, we will refund you the total deposit of €xxx
To make your new bookings, we kindly recommend you to answer this email directly.Please note that the new stay will depend on availability of the hotel, as well as the prices on the new dates. If there is a difference between both periods, you will be able to pay for it at the check-out time.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 2:49 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Hilton's policy -- already very good -- just got better

While we wait to see if/when Accor will improve their approach to bookings that have been frustrated by SARS-CoV-2, Hilton has extended total flexibility -- including refunds on request -- on advance purchase bookings up to the end of August.

Worldwide.

Hilton.
starflyergold and Beckett66 like this.

Last edited by IMH; Jun 6, 2020 at 6:06 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.