Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: LeClubAccor
Status exzension until 31.12.2021.

Just got this in mail. Haven't seen it yet here, so posting. Basically, status is valid until 31.12.2021. and all nights&points we gather from 01.07.2020. until 31.12.2021. go into status for year 2022.

Dear XXX,

I hope you and your family are doing well during these challenging times. In just a few short months our world has completely changed, with many people personally impacted by COVID-19. Despite this, we remain resilient, showing renewed compassion toward our friends and neighbors while continuing to take the right steps to ensure the safety of our teams and guests.

Caring for our Guests and Teams

Welcoming, safeguarding and taking care of others is at the very heart of what we do and who we are. We deliver high standards of hygiene and cleanliness across all our brands globally. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure guest safety as hotels reopen, we have elevated those norms even further by launching the ALLSAFE Cleanliness & Prevention Label which represents some of the most stringent cleaning standards & operational protocols in the world of hospitality. These standards have been vetted by Bureau Veritas, a world leader in hygiene & cleanliness inspection. These new standards will include a reinforced cleaning program with frequent disinfection of all high-touch public areas like elevators and public restrooms, an enhanced in room cleaning program using hospital grade cleaning materials as well as new standards to ensure social distancing measures throughout the hotel and medical support should any of our guests feel unwell.

We continue to look for ways to care for Accor employees and team members who have been personally and professionally impacted by the pandemic. Accor recently created a €70 million ALL Heartist fund devoted to financially helping those in distress as a result of the crisis, as well as frontline professionals & first responders (medical staff, police and army forces).

Creating Flexibility for Guests

We remain committed to providing our guests flexibility during these challenging times, so we have further extended our cancellation policy. Globally guests who booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor for travel through June 30, 2020 may modify their reservation for a future date (within 18 months) at the same hotel or receive a credit voucher for the full value for later use. For guests who have booked a flexible rate we will continue to allow for a full cancellation prior to your scheduled arrival.

Please continue to visit all.accor.com for the most up-to-date information.

For our ALL-Accor Live Limitless members

Like many of you, our travel plans have been impacted by government restrictions and concerns with the rapid spread of COVID-19. Travel is not only our job but it’s what brings our global community together, it’s the way we stay connected with our loved ones and it’s our collective passion for travel that unites us. Nevertheless, when the time does come when we can travel again, we want to make sure you will have the opportunity to take full advantage of your elite status and points.
  • Status Extension: The status you earned in 2019 will be extended to December 31, 2021 allowing you more time to enjoy all the benefits of ALL-Accor Live Limitless.

Points Expiration: To provide you ample time to redeem points, the expiration of Rewards points will be paused through December 15, 2020.

Roll-Over Status Nights / Points: ALL status nights and points earned between July 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will be rolled over to jump start your elite qualification on January 1, 2021, allowing you to earn elite status faster in the 2022 program year.

Suite Night Upgrades: For Platinum and Diamond members, all unused Suite Night Upgrades as of December 31, 2020 will be extended for 12 months to provide you more time to enjoy a suite night upgrade on us.

Furthermore, we recently launched Points On A Mission making it possible for you to donate ALL – Accor Live Limitless Points to our partner organizations responding to COVID-19. All Points donations will be converted into cash and matched by Accor.

We may not know when this will all end but we do know that we remain committed to providing you the best experience once you’re ready to travel again. Things may look a little different, but brighter days are ahead and I, like you, can’t wait to welcome you in one of our hotels. More than ever, we’re ALL in this together.

Be well and stay safe!

Ian DI TULLIO, SVP Accor Guest

PS Damn, can't edit thread title. here comes my OCD...

Last edited by Todbringer; May 19, 2020 at 4:34 am Reason: tried to correct typo in thread title
Old May 19, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by IMH
Definitely.

Are any other hotel groups doing this, or is Accor (surprisingly) ahead of the competition on this aspect?
I don't know if this list is comprehensive, but it seems like several hotel chains extended one or more of the following a while ago: status, points, free nights.

TPG
Old May 19, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
The roll over of nights and status point is very good news and I believe not many hotel chain doing this.
Goldorak, hotel_user and lpolchlop like this.
Old May 19, 2020, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by aapee
There was an email on the status extensions, points and upgrade vouchers today
I have not yet received this email, but this is a very good policy
Great move !
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by aapee
There was an email on the status extensions, points and upgrade vouchers today

The nights /points roll-over was a nice add.
Some have criticized Accor, but this is a very generous policy in my opinion. Received the email this morning.
Goldorak and hotel_user like this.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Overall this is good, but the one thing that I'm confused on is the points expiry. If you have points expiring towards the end of the year (e.g. November) won't these basically still expire? Saying points won't expire until Dec. 15th doesn't really help if you have points expiring before then are are not able to travel or am I missing something?
Old May 19, 2020, 3:20 pm

If a voucher is not used within the time given, is it redeemable for cash?
Old May 20, 2020, 1:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have not yet received this email, but this is a very good policy
Great move !

Again, this is good news. Well done Accor.

No e mail received as yet, so it is good that forums and blogs keep the majority of members informed......

The only question is why has it taken Accor so long ...

It is a good policy, and full credit to whoever decided upon it - basically they are saying that 2020 is "written off"., but we will give you something if you travel, and your status is protected for a year but could be improved. Sensible.

All they have to do is to sort out customer refunds for stays that could not have taken place, and give back cash instead of vouchers.

One has to ask why SB did not sign the e mail or make announcements on this .... Has the board seen the light ?

How many people will have ongoing trust in Accor when it comes to booking a prepaid rate going forward ?

I hope that Amy is welland we see her return on the forum soon.

On a side note, I am planning a "day trip" to Andorra. Drive there, get supplies ( tobacco ) drive back. 9 hours round trip by car. We would normally stay overnight ( or 2 days ) , but not risking it at the moment. OH even will not get out of car ! Just there so allowances are doubled at the boarder., and to take the flask of tea.
lpolchlop likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 1:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by ksm06
Overall this is good, but the one thing that I'm confused on is the points expiry. If you have points expiring towards the end of the year (e.g. November) won't these basically still expire? Saying points won't expire until Dec. 15th doesn't really help if you have points expiring before then are are not able to travel or am I missing something?

This, as far as I can tell, is the only downside. Hopefully Accor will "fix" this too.

There WILL be better suggestions, if this is the case than mine.

Book a hotel room somewhere that you can go to and use it ( well checkin and then depart if you are unsure ), or book it where you have a friend or family or other, ( in somewhere like an Ibis Red that is cheap and does not check too much on the check in ( as there is not a lot of status perks ) - making sure your name is on the booking as well as your friend who will check in first ) and let them use it. I don't think that booking and cancelling will give enough activity on the account. What I do not recommend is booking 10,000 miles away from where you live for one night and not showing up - you wont get anything apart from a loss of points.

OH suggested donating points on brink of expiry to charity.

Accor may not fix this point expiry, they may see it as a way to reduce liabilities. The status extensions have been "forced" on them, but will not cost significant money. If this can be offset by points then they are on a winner ( finacilay ) with this. Points have a fixed cash value and you can not buy points. They must be accounted for in Accor's liabilities ( somewhere ).

The devil's advocate in me says that if you have not stayed with us in the last six months before the Covid lockdown ... then do we really need to keep you - or that you do not care that much about the Points. I have a ex colleague that stays once a year in an Accor property ( and has done for many years - even before it was an Accor flag ), who is not bothered by status ( would have been diamond on the amount he spends ) nor points. Never bothered by loyalty programs as too fussy.He is well known at the hotel, and gets good service. He is probably Accors ideal customer ..... where as I am not !

The best solution for accor is to offer a six month extension on the point expiry ( as they have done with Cards and Accor Plus )
Old May 20, 2020, 1:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Todbringer
Basically, status is valid until 31.12.2021. and all nights&points we gather from 01.07.2020. until 31.12.2021. go into status for year 2022.
It's disappointing that they have left a gap of the first half of this year. From a status point of view, nights already stayed in the first half of this year are worthless. They are irrelevant to qualifying this year, as status earned in 2019 is good for 2 years, and they don't count towards next year either.
Old May 20, 2020, 4:00 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Some have criticized Accor, but this is a very generous policy in my opinion.
It is indeed generous, but not wildly so.

Most of the criticism has focussed on two points and remains valid: (1) Accor took a long, long time to come up with this; (2) Accor is still way behind the competition when it comes to advance purchase bookings.
starflyergold and hotel_user like this.
Old May 20, 2020, 4:29 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
It is indeed generous, but not wildly so.

Most of the criticism has focussed on two points and remains valid: (1) Accor took a long, long time to come up with this; (2) Accor is still way behind the competition when it comes to advance purchase bookings.
And let's not forget the nonsensical cancellation policies.
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 5:21 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
A welcome step by Accor although:

Points Expiration: To provide you ample time to redeem points, the expiration of Rewards points will be paused through December 15, 2020.

Is ambiguous and would benefit form clarification. What have Accor actually "paused"? On basis I haven't stayed in an Accor property now since late February my points would normally expire February 2021(assuming I can't make a safe hotel stay meanwhile).

Does pause simply mean points which would otherwise expire over the next few months will now not expire until 15th December (in which case my current points expiry date doesn't change)?

Or does it mean the 12 month point validity is now paused from date of this email and will go off pause on 15th December? So in my case the 12 months validity is now paused so the approx 9 months validity window remaining restarts on 15th December and will therefore run to September 2021? I hope this interpretation is correct.

Or does "Paused" in this instance have a different meaning?
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 7:12 am
R2

Did anyone get this email in French? The points expiration clause might be clearer in the original language as is often the case.
Old May 20, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
What about points that already expired in April 2020? Would be good to know if anyone has more information to share.

For reference, the point extension policy for Greater China members were applicable retrospectively:
Any member of ALL whose Rewards points have an expiry between 1 February 2020 and 31 January 2021 will have the points expiry paused, and any expired points will be reinstated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.