Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2020, 12:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
On a more positive note (let's face it, there aren't many):

My Ibis Business Card appears to have been extended for 6 months. I haven't received any communications about this though - I only noticed after logging in to my account this morning!

It would have been nice if they had told you - but yes it is a positive development.

It is also inline with the Accor Plus and the Status extension ( 50% ) that have already been granted.
Old May 11, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum

My Ibis Business Card appears to have been extended for 6 months.
Nice, hadn't noticed this before.

Overall, I've already got refunds for all my bookings but one. Ibis Riga Centre refused and is keeping the deposit for me until end of may 2021.
Old May 11, 2020, 11:57 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by hotel_user
Status extension ( 50% )
expansion?
If I haven't missed it, extension is what Accor hasn't done, while most (all?) other hotel chain groups have extended their status expiry dates.
Old May 12, 2020, 12:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LukeO9
expansion?
If I haven't missed it, extension is what Accor hasn't done, while most (all?) other hotel chain groups have extended their status expiry dates.

Sorry, I was not clear. Accor have reluctantly given 50% of the points or nights required for the status level that you are - so effectively halving the re qualification levels ( unless mainland China where they have done the right thing and given a full 100% extension till next year ).

They have extended also by 50% ( 6 months ) Accor Plus - It should have been a year.

Accor also need to extend the points lifetime as well. There are lots of people with a load of points that can nor use them at the moment. A full years extention would be nice and useful.
Old May 12, 2020, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by hotel_user
Sorry, I was not clear.
It was clear what you meant. I just took the opportunity to again complain about the matter.
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 2:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lukeo9
it was clear what you meant. I just took the opportunity to again complain about the matter.

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000
lpolchlop likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: MilleMiglia, Etihad Guest, Le Club AccorHotels

My Ibis Business Card appears to have been extended for 6 months. I haven't received any communications about this though - I only noticed after logging in to my account this morning!
I've just received the same notice from Accor. Let me put it here for everyone:
On behalf of the entire Accor family, we hope that you and your loved ones are in good health during this daunting time.
In response to this tough situation we are all facing, and because we feel privileged to count you among our best customers, we have extended your Ibis BUSINESS membership by 6 months. An update has already been made on your Personal account, where you will find the new expiry date of your subscription.

My subscription was valid until 30/June/2021 now it is valid until 31/Dec/2021. I have a-2-year subscription plan starting from 15/June/2019.

However my ALL Gold Status was and still is valid only until 31/Dec/2020.
Old May 12, 2020, 6:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

That seems to be the Accor policy - we will not extend your status !

Feels mean. Feels penny pinching. Feels like Accor will loose previously loyal customers
Old May 12, 2020, 6:58 am

Norway has banned tourists from entering the country, the hotel I booked was temporarily closed last week due to Corona and who knows...might be closed when I arrive, too....

I expressed my concern to Accor and they said they can move me to another hotel nearby if my current booking ends up closing again. They said the closure is not due to Corona but due to low occupancy...what?? How does this make any sense?!
Old May 12, 2020, 10:38 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by darusazrs
My subscription was valid until 30/June/2021 now it is valid until 31/Dec/2021. I have a-2-year subscription plan starting from 15/June/2019.

However my ALL Gold Status was and still is valid only until 31/Dec/2020.
I would expect that the Gold status level would be extended near the end of the year, in line with the usual calendar year status calculations.
Old May 13, 2020, 5:07 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I just had to cancel two bookings at the Sofitel Bangkok for later this month.
The hotel was gracious enough to let me know they would refund my credit card MINUS the exchange rate and SERVICE FEE. Seriously, WTH???
Old May 13, 2020, 5:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I just had to cancel two bookings at the Sofitel Bangkok for later this month.
The hotel was gracious enough to let me know they would refund my credit card MINUS the exchange rate and SERVICE FEE. Seriously, WTH???

But it is a Sofitel, so you expect great service .... even at a distance ......

Seriously, they must be joking. I would expect them to refund in full using the same currency as you paid in ( the exchange rate is your gain or loss - nothing to do with the hotel )
Old May 13, 2020, 7:55 am
R2

Originally Posted by lunalac
Just got an email from Accor. They suddenly canceled my booking and gave me vouchers. Didn't even ask me. Ridiculous. How do I find the Regional Managers email? For Norway.
Do you mind sharing which hotel this is? I thought Accor didn't have any hotels in Norway.
Old May 13, 2020, 11:07 am

MINUS the exchange rate
That is standard practice.
MINUS.....SERVICE FEE.
That is the first time I've heard of such a thing.
​​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.