Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:04 am
R2

Hilton has on ongoing (since a couple of years at least) status match. They will initially only give you Gold, which can be upgraded to Diamond after 18 nights within 90 days. There is a thread on this in the Hilton forum.

https://statusmatch.hiltonhonors.com/
hotel_user likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:17 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Well said. Exactly my thoughts. Now, I hope other major hotel chains will come up with a status match. I would be very happy if I could switch my ALL Diamond to Hilton Honors Diamond, for example.
Now that would be interesting, and Accor probably wouldn't even see it coming. This is why Accor needs to get its head out of its #$$@, and get competitive. All chains will be desperate to attract people back to their properties in a world of greatly-reduced travel for a while. Until now, chains (other than Accor) have been doing things to keep their members as happy as possible with flexible policies regarding bookings and status benefits. But, I could totally see chains taking that one step further, and blatantly advertising generous status-matches to pick up big chunks of new travellers from competing chains. Accor, forever the laggard and the most incompetent hotel chain out there, with the worst customer service and most customer-unfriendly policies in the industry, their customers are low hanging fruit that is ripe for the picking by other chains. If IHG, Marriott and Hilton do that, then Accor won't know what hit them.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
At this moment I have no travel plans anymore. Only Accor didn't want to give a refund, voucher for a stay in Lille Adagio. No idea how to use it again. Other chains no problem.

For this year if I will go somewhere. I will check the best deal, loyalty ZERO for Accor.
desafinado74 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Germany today will announce that it will extend its global travel warning until 14 June meaning that Germans can cancel their travel plans legally based on the government advice. Others will surely follow suit. Meanwhile at Accor HQ nobody seems to quite understand what is going on based on the piecemeal solutions offered. I can confirm that my corporate travel for the remainder of 2020 is gone (forbidden, verboten, interdit) . If it is deemed safe (that is a big if as we surely will see second waves) I may book some European personal travel. .
Enjoy your Heimaturlaub

It is our plan too

Its way to early to do what we planned.

Stay Safe
starflyergold likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:52 pm

I'm just back on the forum to notify that the refund for my non-refundable booking for Novotel Manchester has been given to me for a stay that was supposed to be in mid-April.
chrism20 and hotel_user like this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Totally agree, Hotel_User, Ive a points booking in Bali for May 27th, booked Sept last year..Hotel refuses to budge from current Ts and Cs...

On May the 13th I will contact them again, as that will be the time when the Government restriction kicks in for Indonesia (no entry to persons from the UK in the last 14 days)..
Its painfully slow, and I know where my loyalty will be after this...
Which hotel? I have a reservation at the Novotel Nusa Dua with the family at the end of July. Australians are currently banned from leaving the country and that is not likely to change any time before then. I've no interest in changing the booking as we will likely not go back to Bali at any time over the next few years.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:29 pm

Just wanted to share our experience here, as it is pretty much in line with Accor being out of their gd minds in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

We had a hotel stay at the Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort, with a check-in date of 5/3/20. Obviously, as French Polynesia is not accepting any visitors until at least mid-May, our flights and hotel reservations have been thrown into tailspin. About ten days ago the hotel confirmed that they were indeed going to be closed and unable to welcome us. At this time, they offered us a voucher for the future. We declined the voucher, as we have no idea when we can plan this trip again - certainly not in 2021. We went back and forth with the same argument - us wanting a refund, them offering a voucher. We got escalated to an actual person rather than the customer service desk. She continued to iterate what their position. Our last exchange with her was late last week and no progress was made so we initiated a charge back with our credit card.

Tonight, out of the blue, we got an email from their customer service desk again, informing us that they rescheduled our booking for 5/3/21 - next year. We did not ask for this, did not initiate it, and certainly cannot make that work as we'll have a graduating senior at that time. My husband replied back to re-iterate once again that we want a refund as the hotel is closed and that we absolutely did not ask for them to reschedule our stay and that we cannot make that work. Their reply? "Per your email we will then cancel your reservation." At no point in time did WE initiate cancelation and this behavior is absolutely insane.

Accor is really screwing up. I plan events for a living and give a lot of business to hotels. This has confirmed that Accor will never get a penny of any money I have influence over ever again. People will remember how companies treated them during this time and that is going to show in their future ledgers. I can say Hilton has earned us as a customer for life. Accor has earned us as people who will ensure no one we know spends a dime.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 12:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by dublinblue

"Per your email we will then cancel your reservation." .

I would wait a few days and look on your card statement. This happened to us, ( different hotel / continent ) and they refunded after a charge back request.

Stay safe
Old Apr 30, 2020, 1:23 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by ozzie
Which hotel? I have a reservation at the Novotel Nusa Dua with the family at the end of July. Australians are currently banned from leaving the country and that is not likely to change any time before then. I've no interest in changing the booking as we will likely not go back to Bali at any time over the next few years.
The Sofitel Nusa Dua...new terms and conditions more or less have changed every thing now..for the worse..
Old Apr 30, 2020, 1:33 am

Coronavirus Updated: April 29, 2020 New info

Any ideas what exactly this means?

Booked a flexible rate directly with Accor?
Guest who booked fully refundable rates can cancel or modify their reservations without penalties on all.accor.com

Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to modify?

Guests who booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor (Note: country exceptions below) for travel through June 30, 2020 (inclusive) may Modify their reservation without any modification fees (subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) by contacting the hotel directly.

Note: Guests requesting refunds of any kind (i.e. cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of the requested refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located (i.e. Government imposed restrictions on vouchers and cash refunds).
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:35 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Any ideas what exactly this means?
Which part is unclear? (not that I agree with these ludicrous rules)
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Which part is unclear? (not that I agree with these ludicrous rules)
Implies that there is no refund for non refundable bookings?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:53 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Implies that there is no refund for non refundable bookings?
Correct, unless the booking concerns any of the countries listed and it is explicitly mention there. Non-flexible bookings for all other countries can only be modified.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 3:12 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by dublinblue
Just wanted to share our experience here, as it is pretty much in line with Accor being out of their gd minds in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

We had a hotel stay at the Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort, with a check-in date of 5/3/20. Obviously, as French Polynesia is not accepting any visitors until at least mid-May, our flights and hotel reservations have been thrown into tailspin. About ten days ago the hotel confirmed that they were indeed going to be closed and unable to welcome us. At this time, they offered us a voucher for the future. We declined the voucher, as we have no idea when we can plan this trip again - certainly not in 2021. We went back and forth with the same argument - us wanting a refund, them offering a voucher. We got escalated to an actual person rather than the customer service desk. She continued to iterate what their position. Our last exchange with her was late last week and no progress was made so we initiated a charge back with our credit card.

Tonight, out of the blue, we got an email from their customer service desk again, informing us that they rescheduled our booking for 5/3/21 - next year. We did not ask for this, did not initiate it, and certainly cannot make that work as we'll have a graduating senior at that time. My husband replied back to re-iterate once again that we want a refund as the hotel is closed and that we absolutely did not ask for them to reschedule our stay and that we cannot make that work. Their reply? "Per your email we will then cancel your reservation." At no point in time did WE initiate cancelation and this behavior is absolutely insane.

Accor is really screwing up. I plan events for a living and give a lot of business to hotels. This has confirmed that Accor will never get a penny of any money I have influence over ever again. People will remember how companies treated them during this time and that is going to show in their future ledgers. I can say Hilton has earned us as a customer for life. Accor has earned us as people who will ensure no one we know spends a dime.
To the discharge of Accord, it is a directive of the French government which imposes credit vouchers for non-flexible booking in France including all overseas regions
Old Apr 30, 2020, 4:10 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by nrouxel
To the discharge of Accord, it is a directive of the French government which imposes credit vouchers for non-flexible booking in France including all overseas regions
While that is certainly true, other global hotel companies have decided that they will cover the loss for their hotels. Accor on the other hand just passes the burden onto the customer.
hotel_user likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.