Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I'd say it is highly likely that the time frame will be extended. I'd wait a couple of days and contact customer service again and get a refund.
I'm waiting/hoping it gets extended to the outbreaks now starting up in Switzerland and Italy although my pre-paid bookings are for May
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by mapleg
I had not read this thread or that you could e mail, but I also cancelled a non-refundable booking in Taipei for Feb 29th. Called the main Accor reservation number yesterday and they patched me through to the hotel as it had to be done by the hotel (seems strange to me, why have a central reservation system then?) Talked to them for a few minutes and they said someone would call me at 9am Taipei time the next day. claiming their reservation system was down or had some IT issue.

Today they called me back and said the refund would be processed in aprox 7 days.
Posting a follow up to this

No refund yet on my credit card and the Accor website still shows the booking as active for Feb 29th. (It is now Feb 28th in local Taiwan time). I phoned the reservation number who patched me through to the hotel, but as soon as I said Hello , the line went dead. Phoned back , again patched through to the hotel who hung up on me before I could even say a few words.

I phoned American Express, explained the situation and asked if I should file a dispute on the charge. They said yes, so that is what I have done.

Pretty poor service by Accor which makes me think why should I keep frequenting this hotel chain?
starflyergold and hotel_user like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:52 pm

Cancelling Accor non refundable rooms Europe

Considering cancelling room in budapest due to predicted spread of coronavirus. Anybody tried or had luck?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I don’t see any reason to cancel a booking in Hungary at the moment but that’s my personal view of the situation and I understand you may think differently.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:58 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I am currently in Budapest and for the moment, no case of coronavirus. But it may change in the next weeks
hotel_user likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
GVA Movenpick Hotwire meets coronavirus

In just over two weeks, I was going to stay at the beautiful GVA Movenpick where I stayed on two previous trips to GVA.
This was for the World Council of Churches event that brings together over 300 persons from over 100 countries.
They moved the dates to August due to coronavirus related issues.
The problem is I prepaid through a Hotwire hot deal to get into the Movenpick this time.
Is there no recourse since I plan to stay in the Movenpick this August? I have Accor account, but not high status like Marriott.

Last edited by Xeno; Feb 29, 2020 at 5:51 pm
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:34 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
May depend on whether the hotel has been paid yet. But, discuss it with the hotel directly.
They may, or may not, be willing to move the booking dates for you.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I did not call not knowing who would answer so I sent an email before posting. I included a PDF of the formal announcement from the WCC.
I talked about my previous stays at that property and that I had persuaded two others to stay there for this event. They used a TA so no problem to reschedule.
I wish the hotel would let me pay difference of the new rate and any penalty they think appropriate.
However, Hotwire is quite clear that the hotel is under no obligation to listen to me.
I have been so happy with that hotel for like events that it will take a while to find another hotel that will work for me.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:20 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
I prepaid through a Hotwire hot deal [...]
I think that most people here will agree that your decision to book an advance purchase "hot deal" makes it quite reasonable that you carry the costs if you subsequently cancel. You had options at the time you booked, including a direct or TA booking, possibly a booking via the event organisers and of course insurance.

I have been so happy with that hotel for like events that it will take a while to find another hotel that will work for me.
If you have been happy with the hotel, why not book it again? They really haven't done anything wrong here.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: MilleMiglia, Etihad Guest, Le Club AccorHotels
Quick Update to my Venice booking at MGallery Hotel Papadopoli Venezia - Hotel Reservation Desk replied this morning that the situation in Venice is good, the museums are open, airport and port are accessible, no reason for cancellation. But they do admit that the situation is not ideal, so they decided to keep my prepayment ( 504 EUR out of which 120EUR are ALL Reward points) for further use until December 2020.I or anyone else may use the deposit by forwarding the received e-mail.

I immediately gave my new dates (since the plane tickets are already rebooked) and after a couple of hours they sent me offer with two fully-prepaid tariffs noting that they would deduct the prepaid sum of 384EUR!?!?!? How come the 120EUR ALL Reward Points are gone??
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:35 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by darusazrs
But they do admit that the situation is not ideal
Not ideal is an understatement. Some airlines have curtailed all their Italy flights, and many others have reduced them, so Accor needs to sort this out pronto.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Judging that now the outbreak have spread to Europe and many more countries, I wonder if the status extension will be extended to ALL elites not just Greater China
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: MilleMiglia, Etihad Guest, Le Club AccorHotels
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Not ideal is an understatement. Some airlines have curtailed all their Italy flights, and many others have reduced them, so Accor needs to sort this out pronto.
It seems they finally did it! There is a new announcement on the website:

Important information: Coronavirus

Considering the recent cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we are closely monitoring the situation and fully understand the concerns around traveling during this time.

Guests travelling to OR from Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR China, Macau SAR China, Taiwan China and South Korea through 31 March 2020 will be able to change or cancel a valid booking.

Guests travelling to OR from Italy through 8 March 2020 will be able to change or cancel a valid booking.

1. For guests who have booked directly with Accor via all.accor.com, the ALL app, global contact center or directly with one of our hotels AND

a. Reserved a flexible rate, can modify or cancel their reservations by:

i. Visiting all.accor.com and click “My bookings”

ii. Contact our global reservations center (please find the phone numbers below)

b. Reserved a non-flexible rate can modify or cancel their reservation by:

i. Contact our global reservations center (please find the phone numbers below)

2. For guests who booked through a travel agent, online booking platform or other third parties, please contact your booking provider directly for assistance.

We recommend that all travelers review guidance from the World Health Organization and follow any travel advice issued by their home countries
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:36 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Judging that now the outbreak have spread to Europe and many more countries, I wonder if the status extension will be extended to ALL elites not just Greater China
Best Western have done so for their elites as has Shangri-La. I would expect other hotel chains to follow soon. I already had some work trips cancelled.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:42 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Time for hotel companies to adopt a similar policy. In these uncertain times it can only be good for business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.