Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA
50% tier points

Does anyone know or have been told the timescale for the extra points to be added and if they will still add 50% if it pushes you into a new tier?
Old Mar 29, 2020, 3:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
They will probably be added at the end of next year if the current drip of policy continues, and by that stage everyone will be "blue" status ... or is that what Accor want ?

They should have been added as soon as it was announced. No messing, just more delay and dithering.
sycokid likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

This is just anecdotal / gossip and not based upon a reliable servery. But here it is anyway.

I have just been forced to call Amex, to initiate a raft of chargebacks on hotels ( all Accor btw ), that would not refund for March and April. To be fair, some have, but not all.
Talking to the agent who is working from home, they said that they are getting a lot of people asking for chargeback on Accor, so much so that before I said the first hotel, the agent asked if it was an Accor !

It's only my interpretation of one isolated agent on one card. But it does sort of stand out.
desafinado74 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:40 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by hotel_user
This is just anecdotal / gossip and not based upon a reliable servery. But here it is anyway.

I have just been forced to call Amex, to initiate a raft of chargebacks on hotels ( all Accor btw ), that would not refund for March and April. To be fair, some have, but not all.
Talking to the agent who is working from home, they said that they are getting a lot of people asking for chargeback on Accor, so much so that before I said the first hotel, the agent asked if it was an Accor !

It's only my interpretation of one isolated agent on one card. But it does sort of stand out.
I would not be surprised if that was true. I hear similar things from other sources.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:35 pm

Has anyone tried to refund non-ref bookings at Fairmont Lake Louise and/or Fairmont Banff Springs? I'm about to call them tomorrow so will update here, but curious if anyone else has dealt with those two properties.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
I have just received a full refund for a non-refundable 11-night booking from March 20th at Mercure Hurghada Hotel in Egypt. They made the refund promptly and without arguing, thereby ensuring that I will unquestionably stay with them on my next trip to the Red Sea.
tris06, sycokid and hotel_user like this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Drifter47
So far the Pullman Dresden have refund me in full but the Mercure Krakow Stare have refused twice and sending me a message quoting an official announcement; “There is an official announcement, which we received regarding non-refundable reservations from Accor chain. Of course having in mind your continued patronage of Accor Hotels we will make refund. Have a good day and stay safe.”
A rather embarrassing situation as I find the Mercure Krakow Stare have now decided to refund me just hours after I initiated a charge back.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:56 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
[...] the Mercure Krakow Stare have now decided to refund me just hours after I initiated a charge back.
I thought they'd agreed to do that in the email message you quoted earlier (bolding mine):

[...] the Mercure Krakow Stare have refused twice and sending me a message quoting an official announcement; “ [...] Of course having in mind your continued patronage of Accor Hotels we will make refund.
No need to be embarrassed. Just cancel the chargeback request.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by IMH
I thought they'd agreed to do that in the email message you quoted earlier (bolding mine):

No need to be embarrassed. Just cancel the chargeback request.
Wires crossed, I didn't actually see the credit until last night when I looked at my statement. Cancelled the charge back and informing the property.
IMH likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pat69
I confirm for the Ibis London Canning Town, very good hotel which agreed (at my request) to postpone my stay free of charge and at no extra cost when the new dates are normally more expensive.
Agree, overall this is a very good ibis, just wish it was closer to the centre. Looks like the hotel will now be temporarily closed, and they proactively processed the refunds.

Good morning,

All the staff of IBIS London Canning Town hope you are well.

In response of the COVID-19 pandemic and government guidelines, we regret to inform you that we have taken the difficult decision to temporarily close our hotel.

Unfortunately we had to cancel your booking XXXXXXXX from the 8th to the 10th of May for both rooms at IBIS London Canning Town.

The refund on your card has been already done today and it will take probably few working days to be processed.

Our sincere apologies that we are unable to welcome you on the dates you booked. Our thoughts remain with everyone impacted across the world and we look forward to welcoming guests and visitors back soon.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further information.
chrism20 likes this.

Last edited by aapee; Mar 31, 2020 at 6:46 am Reason: formatting, temporary closure
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by aapee
Agree, overall this is a very good ibis, just wish it was closer to the centre. Looks like the hotel will now be temporarily closed, and they proactively processed the refunds.
I had a look at the Accor booking site - searching for hotels in London it seems most hotels are closed until 13th April (ie 3 weeks from the announcement of the UK-wide lockdown, which was to be reviewed in 3 weeks from that date).
Only availability shown before then is two Heathrow hotels, which I guess makes sense to accommodate arrivals.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:11 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Was just sent this....

Our Chairman and COO Greater China, Gary M. Rosen, shares his experience and sends a message of hope and support to our communities: "We knew we had to make sure that we looked after our people, we needed to make sure we looked after our guests and our owners."

https://apps.facebook.com/watch/?v=871628653349188
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
If you are in Australia call this Customer Service number Australia: 1300 656 565
I am in Thailand at the moment, so I called Thailand ALL and was told that the credit voucher is to be used at the same hotel only, plus I need to contact each hotel individually for that (no surprise there). I informed the rep that I had already painstakingly contacted each hotel and every hotels asked me to choose a new stay date right away. I could not simply decide now as it is impossible to know when I could make the trip again. And what if I chose the date now but could not make the trip, then I need to painstakingly contact each hotel again, and Accor makes that difficult cause each hotel can also have their own policy, making it very difficult to move the whole trip altogether. The rep said the hotels were right by Accor policy that I need to choose the date now cause money I paid cannot simply float in the air, there has to be a date to land that amount on. It does makes sense, but how this "cancel" policy different to "modify" policy if I have to choose the date right away anyway? It's just so ... ummm Accor. From now on I will say "Whao, it's just so Accor" for everything that makes sense but doesn't feel right.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Virgin Velocity, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond
It is staggering that Accor has not updated their policies with regards to Australia, as the Australian government has banned foreigners from entering the country, and domestic travel is strongly discouraged.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:04 am

offcourse they will update
we could make a game about that and the winner get a apple
okay i start it takes 10 days
greetings
cornelis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.