Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:45 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
Yes, that's how I read it.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
sorry, i believe i misunderstand their message.. i read again it says giving 50% according to our status.
then that will be 50% easier

Last edited by jiunsoh; Mar 19, 2020 at 8:02 pm Reason: read the msg wrongly, removed previous comment.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:58 pm

dont forget accor gave china member 1 year status extension without conditions, that's generous.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:01 pm

sorry, i believe i misunderstand their message.. i read again it says giving 50% according to our status.
then that will be 50% easier
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:33 pm

With 45 nights at an average of 150 Status Points per night so far this year I was going to need an improbable 175 nights to progress to Diamond. If they are crediting me with 7000 Status Points for being Platinum it will bring the requirement for Diamond down to a more possible 130 nights. (Just need to avoid those Ibises + Mantras and Peppers etc)

Last edited by 3544quebec; Mar 19, 2020 at 9:38 pm
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:13 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
I haven't received the email yet.

I really cannot understand why they're only allowing cancellation for stays up to 1 April in Europe though. According to the WHO, Europe is now the epicentre of the pandemic!
this indeed. So basically next week they gonna have to email again saying Europe now until April 30 and we have to wait with cancelling early April stays until then...
desafinado74 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:40 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I don’t find this generous at all. One has to remember that Accor have already extended the membership status until the end of 2021 for those living in China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. Why to treat other countries differently?

In rest of the world, there are already more confirmed Coronavirus cases than in China.

For others, they now offer 50% of status points and points (no nights for Diamond members) required to keep the current status. But this is way too early for such a decision. No-one knows when one can travel again.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:16 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Glad to see the improvement, but still not as good as other hotel companies and not good enough.
for example Thailand made it impossible to visit by asking for a health certificate and insurance that are impossible to get. Yet because their is no formal ban, Thailand is not on the list.
Accor will be remembered for doing too little too late...
desafinado74 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:35 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by itisme
this indeed. So basically next week they gonna have to email again saying Europe now until April 30 and we have to wait with cancelling early April stays until then...
The date limitation, which is relatively narrow, might be so that processing is not inundated. We'll have to wait and see.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Wyndham Diamond, Bestwestern Diamond & Hyatt Platinum
Just contacted Pullman Melbourne Albert Park to cancel my accommodation in April and requested a refund.

Spoke to the Reservations Manager who advised that they are not giving a refund because ‘Melbourne is open for business’.

Awaiting a call from the GM – not impressed ALL.
desafinado74 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: QFF, Velocity, Asiana
Originally Posted by Stacycrow
Just contacted Pullman Melbourne Albert Park to cancel my accommodation in April and requested a refund.
I've got a stay booked in Melbourne over the Easter long weekend. I'm really glad I chose the Intercontinental this time.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 12:04 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by Stacycrow
‘Melbourne is open for business’
Then why can't people go to see AFL games?
desafinado74 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
New policy still totally disconnected from reality

The new policy is certainly a big improvement from the previous one, but it is still completely disconnected from reality. This is the page you access from the email, for countries affected by travel restrictions. The list of countries is super restrictive. To Accor : almost all countries have issued restrictions and even if one has not, are you aware that no one can travel ? The USA are not even in this list. Are they aware that US have banned all Europeans ? WE NEED A GLOBAL WAIVER RIGHT NOW !!!!!

starflyergold and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I don’t find this generous at all. One has to remember that Accor have already extended the membership status until the end of 2021 for those living in China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. Why to treat other countries differently?

In rest of the world, there are already more confirmed Coronavirus cases than in China.

For others, they now offer 50% of status points and points (no nights for Diamond members) required to keep the current status. But this is way too early for such a decision. No-one knows when one can travel again.

totally agree, why have to do double standard ? if extension can be given ,it should be given to all .
desafinado74 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:58 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
The new policy is certainly a big improvement from the previous one, but it is still completely disconnected from reality. This is the page you access from the email, for countries affected by travel restrictions. The list of countries is super restrictive. To Accor : almost all countries have issued restrictions and even if one has not, are you aware that no one can travel ? The USA are not even in this list. Are they aware that US have banned all Europeans ? WE NEED A GLOBAL WAIVER RIGHT NOW !!!!!
Unbelievable how detached from reality this policy is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.