2020 Platinum Renewal Gift

Old Jan 29, 20, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
2020 Platinum Renewal Gift

Sorry if this is redundant thread (couldn't see anything relevant before posting), but I just received the 2020 renewal gift from ALL. After last year's luggage tag (which wasn't to my taste, but could see the logic), I was pleasantly surprised to find a felt pouch with a set of wireless ear buds.

They have the magnetic clasp feature like beats wireless ear buds and a relatively discrete Accor logo on each ear.

They are still charging, so can't comment on the sound quality or battery life. The instructions mention a 3 month warrantly, administered by using the ALL website contact us form, which made me smile at the thought of trying to explain.

All in all (no pun intended), not a bad freebie.

Shuttle
Maelstrom and hotel_user like this.
Old Jan 29, 20, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
Battery now charged. Sound is pretty acceptable. I'm not expert, the high notes seems a bit muted, but as a secondary, back-up pair of headphones, these are not too bad at all (its much better than, say, the complementary earbuds airlines give out in Economy class. Thanks Accor!
Maelstrom and Goldorak like this.
Old Jan 29, 20, 12:55 pm

Programs: Still ALL Plat, HH Gold
Got the luggage tag last year.

This year NOTHING

not even a new card !
Old Jan 29, 20, 2:36 pm

Programs: Fairmont Plat, 1865 Voyager, SPG Gold, AE SE100K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Got mine, charged them and they sound pretty good. Also was able to use them on two conference calls lasting over an hour so battery power is pretty good. Listening to music now in an airport lounge wondering how lang they are good for. Nice surprise gift!
Old Jan 30, 20, 12:15 am

odds are these cost between $0 and $5. better off regifted to someone else, like a kid who is prone to breaking stuff.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 30, 20, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hotel_user View Post

This year NOTHING

not even a new card !
Last year it was quite a while until my luggage tag arrived. I think they send things out in 'waves', so you may not have been forgotten, just delayed

Shuttle
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 30, 20, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
Last year it was quite a while until my luggage tag arrived. I think they send things out in 'waves', so you may not have been forgotten, just delayed

Shuttle
One can only hope .... its just that I have still not received ( from August ) my Accor Plus card ...... and it caused a problem at a hotel as I could not show the digital card as I had no wifi until we checked in ...

Its not the gift for loyalty, it's the false hope of a membership card ....lol
Old Jan 30, 20, 4:04 am

This year NOTHING

not even a new card !
Here too, got passport cover last year, this year nothing yet. Got a Platinum card when renewed my Accor Plus in November last year though but without any gift, just the card. Also, I turned Diamond during New Year and have not gotten a new Diamond card yet. :/
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 31, 20, 12:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
When I got them at first I thought very lovely, but now I find them incredibly uncomfortable. They just don’t stay in my ears.
Old Feb 4, 20, 8:00 am
Original Poster

One can only hope .... its just that I have still not received ( from August ) my Accor Plus card ...... and it caused a problem at a hotel as I could not show the digital card as I had no wifi until we checked in ...

Its not the gift for loyalty, it's the false hope of a membership card ....lol
To my surprise, I have today received a second package of a membership card and wireless headphones from ALL (identical in all respects to the first package), so maybe I have yours by mistake
hotel_user and lpolchlop like this.
Old Feb 4, 20, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
To my surprise, I have today received a second package of a membership card and wireless headphones from ALL (identical in all respects to the first package), so maybe I have yours by mistake
If the renewal gift were a pair of sunglasses then I could understand them sending 4 packages to their members who happen to be spiders but what class of member are you that has 4 ears Shuttle?
Shuttle likes this.

Last edited by 3544quebec; Feb 4, 20 at 3:26 pm
Old Feb 5, 20, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
If the renewal gift were a pair of sunglasses then I could understand them sending 4 packages to their members who happen to be spiders but what class of member are you that has 4 ears Shuttle?
Lol. Just the two ears I hasten to assure you. Though if the gift were sunglasses, multiple pairs would be quite useful, the way a manage to loose them. As it is, given the long 3-month warranty on the earphones, I might be happy to have a 'back-up' pair.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Feb 6, 20, 7:56 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I received second Diamond package today. It had the same content: loyalty card, scarf with introduction how to use it and letter. All the money Accor has spent for this could have been used for something else that's actually useful and rewarding.
CanadaDH and hotel_user like this.

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Feb 6, 20 at 9:23 am
Old Feb 6, 20, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler View Post
I received second Diamond package today. It had the same content: loyalty card, scarf with introduction how to use it and letter. All the money Accor has spent for this could have been used for something else that's actually useful and rewarding.

Totally agree,

A nice welcome / loyalty gift / card / apple is appreciated, but then when you do not get yours you feel "left out". However the quality and randomness of the allocation of the loyalty gift leaves a lot to be desired. I personally would just appreciate a membership card, and some form of acknowledgement of my loyalty. ( Received a "gift" from a relative at Christmas saying that the money they would have spent on my present was redirected to a good cause .... maybe Accor could do something like this ? )
Old Feb 13, 20, 10:09 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

Our sincere apologies for the delay in sending your Status card and renewal gifts which is taking a bit longer than usual. Your feedbacks have been shared with the ALL team so that we can improve your customer experience with us. Rest assured that you will receive your package soon.

Best regards,

Amy
hotel_user and Goldorak like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: