FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Can't book using reward points - suggestions? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/2006641-cant-book-using-reward-points-suggestions.html)

balsingh Jan 29, 20 4:08 am

Can't book using reward points - suggestions?

Seems that there is an issue at Accor on the new site where you can't book using reward points. I am trying to use mine before they expire but have had no luck. On the site, I have tried with several hotels that show they accept points for payment but at no point in the transaction does it allow me to apply my points. Called the reservations team and they can't do it either. Customer Care acknowledged a technical issue on the site but don't really seem to be doing much to fix it.

Has anyone successfully been able to use their points to make a reservation recently? Any suggestion on how I can do this before my points expire?

Thx in advance.

Admiral Ackbar Jan 29, 20 6:06 am

Seems to be related to this issue, there is no slider on the page as before?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...r-missing.html

Maelstrom Jan 29, 20 6:16 am

Originally Posted by balsingh (Post 32007189)
Seems that there is an issue at Accor on the new site where you can't book using reward points. I am trying to use mine before they expire but have had no luck. On the site, I have tried with several hotels that show they accept points for payment but at no point in the transaction does it allow me to apply my points. Called the reservations team and they can't do it either. Customer Care acknowledged a technical issue on the site but don't really seem to be doing much to fix it.

Has anyone successfully been able to use their points to make a reservation recently? Any suggestion on how I can do this before my points expire?

Thx in advance.

Firstly, make sure that the rate you are booking has the "coin" icon, which indicates the rate is eligible to be booked with points. Some prepaid promotional rates, unfortunately, do not allow points to be used.
I have been able to make two reservations this past week on rates that have permitted the redemption of points at the time of booking online - one was a prepaid rate, the other was a flexible one.

balsingh Jan 29, 20 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom (Post 32007474)
Firstly, make sure that the rate you are booking has the "coin" icon, which indicates the rate is eligible to be booked with points. Some prepaid promotional rates, unfortunately, do not allow points to be used.
I have been able to make two reservations this past week on rates that have permitted the redemption of points at the time of booking online - one was a prepaid rate, the other was a flexible one.

Thanks. Can you advise which hotels so I can also try? I have tried so many and not seen the 'coins'. Starting to think it may be my account???

nrouxel Jan 29, 20 9:45 am

You can try to erase all the cookies related to Accor on your browser and/or use your browser private mode

nrouxel Jan 29, 20 9:46 am

You can try to erase all the cookies related to Accor on your browser and/or use your browser private mode

balsingh Jan 29, 20 9:53 am

Originally Posted by nrouxel (Post 32008316)

Tried that but to no avail.

I spoke to the Customer Care team who acknowledge that there is a technical issue with the reward point booking. However, they were unable to offer any solution or alternative way to use the points for booking. They suggest waiting till the IT team have looked into but that may take a while!!

wkndtraveler Jan 29, 20 12:51 pm

Well, I was able to use my points – for nothing. Tried to make a booking, used points which were deducted from my account but I don't have the booking. Great. Accor IT at its best.

Maelstrom Jan 29, 20 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by balsingh (Post 32007618)
Thanks. Can you advise which hotels so I can also try? I have tried so many and not seen the 'coins'. Starting to think it may be my account???

I booked at the Novotel Shenzhen Watergate on Accor Plus Members Rates, both prepaid and flexible bookings, burning points at the time of booking.

I also used points on check out at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway. Is this perhaps an option for you? Make a reservation and burn points on departure?

wkndtraveler Jan 30, 20 1:12 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler (Post 32009074)
Well, I was able to use my points for nothing. Tried to make a booking, used points which were deducted from my account but I don't have the booking. Great. Accor IT at its best.

And today app doesn't accept bookings at all. Would be interesting to know how many bookings Accor loses with these IT issues.

Castleford Tiger Jan 30, 20 1:48 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler (Post 32011128)
And today app doesn't accept bookings at all. Would be interesting to know how many bookings Accor loses with these IT issues.

Same for me.

CT

balsingh Jan 30, 20 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom (Post 32010433)
I booked at the Novotel Shenzhen Watergate on Accor Plus Members Rates, both prepaid and flexible bookings, burning points at the time of booking.

I also used points on check out at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway. Is this perhaps an option for you? Make a reservation and burn points on departure?

Tried both. See no coins or pay with points option. Definitely something odd going on.

KLflyerRalph Feb 1, 20 3:28 am

You should be able to use your point at the hotel, by asking at the reception upon check-in/out. This, however, is of no use if your points are expiring and the stay date is after the expiry date.

balsingh Feb 1, 20 7:16 pm

Still think its something account related. Can someone do me a favour and run a quote for the following hotel using any August 2020 dates so I can see if others get the 'coins' and offer to book with points:

Novotel Barcelona Sant Joan Despi

Thx in advance!!

fransknorge Feb 2, 20 2:13 am

I do not get the coins neither the slider. I choose 14th to 16th August for the Novotel Barcelona Saint Joan Despi, I then tried another hotel in Barcelona and same happened.