FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Can't book using reward points - suggestions? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/2006641-cant-book-using-reward-points-suggestions.html)

nrouxel Feb 2, 2020 3:39 am

Originally Posted by balsingh (Post 32022002)
Still think its something account related. Can someone do me a favour and run a quote for the following hotel using any August 2020 dates so I can see if others get the 'coins' and offer to book with points:

Novotel Barcelona Sant Joan Despi

Thx in advance!!

I am able to book with points
I tried 6th to 9th, 16th to 16th and 14th to 15th August

CanadaDH Feb 2, 2020 7:43 am

Originally Posted by balsingh (Post 32022002)
Still think its something account related. Can someone do me a favour and run a quote for the following hotel using any August 2020 dates so I can see if others get the 'coins' and offer to book with points:

Novotel Barcelona Sant Joan Despi

Thx in advance!!

If others are able to redeem and you're not, I wonder if you might be going through the same mess I had recently at the Fairmont Tremblant, where we figured out my account was locked for point redemptions. Nothing in the profile indicates a lock, but points cannot be redeemed until you contact Accor to jump through their hoops. I noticed it at check-out, but logically, a locked account wouldn't be able to book with points online either.

balsingh Feb 3, 2020 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by nrouxel (Post 32022967)
I am able to book with points
I tried 6th to 9th, 16th to 16th and 14th to 15th August

Thanks. Clearly an account related issue then. Gonna have to get back on the phone to them ... for about the 5th time!!

balsingh Feb 3, 2020 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH (Post 32023557)
If others are able to redeem and you're not, I wonder if you might be going through the same mess I had recently at the Fairmont Tremblant, where we figured out my account was locked for point redemptions. Nothing in the profile indicates a lock, but points cannot be redeemed until you contact Accor to jump through their hoops. I noticed it at check-out, but logically, a locked account wouldn't be able to book with points online either.

I called them and asked about that. As far as they were concerned, there was no issue and the account had no lock or restriction in place. Did you speak to their Customer Care team? If so, I found them to be completely useless on all the occasions I spoke to them as there is no clear escalation process when there is an issue.

Admiral Ackbar Feb 4, 2020 10:24 am

Did you send a private message to AccorHotels Concierge? I have found they can be very helpful in cutting through some of the BS Accor IT makes us go through.

Brendan88 Feb 5, 2020 6:46 am

I am also having the same issues then slightly different. In the app it is impossible to book with points, no rates availible at any hotel. On the website it is possible to book with points but even though the rates have the same name, same terms and conditions all the prices on the app are lower. The one I want is €200 higher (for 8 nights) on the website.
Even the flex rate are different in the app to the website. But paying with points is only availible on the website.

Edit: Sorry just found out why there is a rate difference is. Even though I have the sames dates in the app as well as on the site, the app is saying 26-03 to 04-04 is 8 nights but the website is showing 9 nights (which is correct). When checking the terms, it shows the nightly rates for the first 8 nights but not the 9th night...
On the final payment page is shows I am booking until the 3th of april and not the 4th which I have selected. Issue is on multiple iphones and ipad.

AccorHotels Concierge Feb 5, 2020 8:11 am

Originally Posted by balsingh (Post 32028888)
I called them and asked about that. As far as they were concerned, there was no issue and the account had no lock or restriction in place. Did you speak to their Customer Care team? If so, I found them to be completely useless on all the occasions I spoke to them as there is no clear escalation process when there is an issue.

Dear Balsingh,

I am sorry to read about the inconvenience you have faced. Could you kindly share with us your membership number ?

With my best regards,
Amy

balsingh Feb 5, 2020 4:03 pm

Finally got this issue resolved. After lots of call with Customer Care and pretty much being send round the houses, it was finally discovered that my account was suspended (possibly due to a possible password hack). It was the IT team that spotted it as it wasn't apparent when just looking at the account. The solution was that I had to reset my password and send a screen shot of it being reset along with a picture of some ID to their customer care team. Within 24 hours, it was fixed and I was able to book the hotel using my points. Hopefully this will help others having a similar issue. Make sure you push the customer care team to ask IT to check that the account is not suspended.

Happy days .... finally and luckily the hotel price remained the same while all this was happening!!

TonyHe Feb 16, 2020 3:43 am

Same issue here, cannot book using rewards points... can’t even change my contact details.

i tried to contact customer service, but was unable to. I’ll try again later on

hotel_user Feb 16, 2020 4:53 am

Originally Posted by TonyHe (Post 32077503)
Same issue here, cannot book using rewards points... can’t even change my contact details.

i tried to contact customer service, but was unable to. I’ll try again later on

I can understand Accor "locking" accounts from spending points if they feel that the account has been compromised. There was a lot of hacking a few years ago, and they probably lost a fair few $.

That said it does not help the member.

Accor have our physical address, and could, as a suggestion, post ( ie use a physical item of communication unlikely to have been compromised ) to suggest that the account holder contacts Accor to identify and reinstate the account.

I understand that the address of the member can be also hacked, but Accor should have the original address ( ie before a suspected hack ) and compare that to the address now showing.

well thats my 2c worth

I hope that these attacks do not continue, and that the members affected are compensated for any hotel price increases that may occur whist trying to sort this. Customer services at Accor should be more proactive and knowledgeable in this respect.

CanadaDH Feb 16, 2020 8:16 am

I went through the same mess, but found the account suspended while redeeming points at checkout at the hotel.

They don't have a process to notify anyone, and the process to unlock is messed up. Having to send a picture of my ID by email is far less secure than just having the manager of an hotel verify my identity in person, in a case where the member is physically present at an Accor property. Apparently they trust reps in a call centre receiving a potentially fake ID by email over the word of a hotel GM speaking with a guest and holding their identity documents in their hands.