Raffles Makati, Manila

Old Jan 24, 20, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Raffles Makati, Manila

As there doesn't seem to be a thread on this hotel yet, I'll start a new master thread. I've stayed twice at this hotel and it is one of my favorite hotels in the world, especially considering the price.

Booking
  • You can book this hotel directly through the Raffles or Accor website. It seems that the Accor website is sometimes slightly cheaper.
  • Weekend rates seem to generally fall as low as the 9,000-10,000 PHP per night mark before taxes and service charge from what I've seen.
  • I believe all rooms include breakfast, afternoon tea, non-alcoholic drinks during the day, evening cocktails, and butler service.

Rooms
  • The rooms are stunning. Junior suites are about 650 sq ft and have very high ceilings (12ft?). The next category up, executive suites, seem a bit too large for 2 people.
  • Rooms are on the 9th and 10th floors. The 9th floor is where Mireio and the pool are.

Hotel
  • The hotel only has 32 rooms. The complex also contains the Raffles Residences for longer stays and the much larger Fairmont hotel.
  • The Fairmont hotel is quite busy while the Raffles lobby around the corner is generally quiet.

• This hotel is in one of the most central locations in Manila. The only place more suited for walking would probably be BGC.
  • The hotel is connected by a short underground pathway through a parking lot to the Landmark department store. You can then use the covered ground floor crossing or the second floor indoor bridge to connect to the Glorietta shopping center and beyond.

Food & Beverage
  • Breakfast can be taken at Mireio on the 9th floor as a la carte plus continental spread or at Spectrum on the ground floor as buffet style.
  • I've only had breakfast at Mireio but the food is generally excellent and there is a wide selection of a la carte choices such as Parisian omelette or beef tapa.
  • There is a very reasonable happy hour option for unlimited drinks at the Long Bar for 840+ PHP.
  • Afternoon tea, non-alcoholic beverages during the day, and evening cocktails are for the Writer's Bar.
  • Pricing for room service is reasonable and the food was decent. Expect 600+ PHP for an entree.

Tips
  • If you dislike the boutique hotel feeling of your movements being constantly monitored, you can leave the hotel via the Fairmont entrance or by utilizing the tunnel to the mall on the Fairmont side.
  • In my opinion, rooms facing Greenbelt are much better and more private than on the other side. Rooms with these views are on the left side of the Raffles hallway.
  • Not too many people seem to know about this hotel as all the locals I talked to had no idea where it was. I would definitely rate Raffles above competitors in the city such as the Conrad or the Shangri-Las.

Elite Recognition
  • I stayed the first time without status and the second time as Accor Gold. I didn't receive anything else other than a drinks voucher that I used at the Long Bar.
starflyergold and hotel_user like this.
Old Jan 26, 20, 10:09 am

Raffles Makati Junior Suite Twin

To

​​​​​
The Junior Suite with Twin Queen Beds are larger than the King variant. I stayed 2-nights here late last year and I am satisfied with the overall experience. The afternoon tea set isn't as good as it used to be, but still better than nothing. Breakfast is enjoyable at Mireio, avoid the Spectrum at the Fairmont option.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: