Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor to standardise hotel management systems across properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:32 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond

I wonder if this is good or bad for customers????"Travel industry technology company, Sabre Corporation, has signed a collaboration agreement with Accor which will see the development of a single Central Reservations and Property Management system to be rolled out to its entire hotel estate worldwide.

The system will be an evolution of Sabre’s existing SynXis Central Reservations system, onto which Accor will migrate its systems and processes to in the short term while the new platform is developed. Once fully built and tested, Accor will begin to roll out the new customised system to its entire network of more than 5,000 hotels and residences in 110 countries.

Once complete, the new system will combine the functions of both reservations and property management platforms, empowering hotels to better manage both aspects of their operations.

The new partnership with Accor comes a day after Sabre signed a 10-year partnership with Google which will see Google Cloud adopted to help Sabre drive technical innovation and develop more cloud-based systems and services. The tie-up will see Sabre move its entire IT infrastructure to Google Cloud, with operational efficiency to be improved via Google insights and in effect, leading to the creation of a new travel marketplace to be gradually populated with new programs and services."
https://www.hotelmanagement.com.au/2...global-estate/
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Likely a good thing as it will be a single system in all properties.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:16 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
One would think this is a good thing, maybe guest preferences could be available to all check in agents (whether they read and act on them remains to be seen). That said this involves Accor IT....

Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Maybe it become Sabre IT instead of Accor IT 🤣
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:14 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Maybe it become Sabre IT instead of Accor IT 🤣
That's how I read the joint press release. The key passage for me was:

Originally Posted by Accor & Sabre
[...] Accor would be Sabre’s newest enterprise hospitality customer, adopting Sabre’s [...] SynXis Central Reservation System and, ultimately, the new global technology platform for all its hospitality brands [...].
https://www.sabre.com/insights/relea...lity-industry/

https://press.accor.com/strongsabre-...nghos/?lang=en
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:43 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
My initial, unsubstantiated, 30 year grizzled IT veteran gut feeling is this will eventually be a good thing.
hotel_user and BSBtraveller like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
My initial, unsubstantiated, 30 year grizzled IT veteran gut feeling is this will eventually be a good thing.
With the key word in that statement being "eventually". I'd like to say they can't possibly mess it up any more, and that anything they do will be an improvement, but if there is one thing that Accor excels at, it's messing up IT projects beyond expectations which are already set exceedingly low.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by markis10
onto which Accor will migrate its systems and processes to in the short term
Will Accor manage to do it without loosing some existing reservations?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I’m sure we all agree, it would be impossible for it to be worse (although it is Accor we are talking about!!)
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Dont forget that there are still negative value below zero
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Likely a good thing as it will be a single system in all properties.
I lived through this type of change several decades ago when I worked in hotels. Without question, it's a good thing for the chain, the hotel, and the guests. From the hotel perspective, it's great because when there's a problem, they now can call up the chain for help or even another local hotel using the same system.

That said, the switch will be bumpy. Moving reservations from one database to another will result in problems. That's inevitable. Plus, every single employee will need to learn the new system. That's a daunting task that requires many hours of training. Hotels that try to skimp on training will regret it.

Unfortunately, guests who end up staying at hotels that skimp on training will also regret it.

My only other observation is one of disbelief. I assumed that every chain operated on a single system nowadays. It was about 25 years ago that the chain I described above for moved onto a single system.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
My only other observation is one of disbelief. I assumed that every chain operated on a single system nowadays. It was about 25 years ago that the chain I described above for moved onto a single system.
Accor has integrated a number of external chains / hotels in recent years, they have just got Moevenpicks on board (my understanding is that only 3 so far have completely converted to Accor's systems), then there is FRHI, 25hours, SLS/SARS/HIV hotels (whatever the name is for all those Delanos and Roosevelts) and a number of portfolios that have been rebranded but not necessarily entirely converted to Accor's operations underneath (e.g. Atton or the hotels that pop up as "Hotel Blablabla by Accor", who are due to become greet / ibis Styles / Mercure but have to linger in limbo before their previous franchise clauses lapse / before they undergo necessary renovations.

Originally Posted by starflyergold
One would think this is a good thing, maybe guest preferences could be available to all check in agents (whether they read and act on them remains to be seen). That said this involves Accor IT...
My thoughts exactly!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by writerguyfl

Apparently Marriott still have properties that use different system than the rest (supposedly new and improved Marsha)
And its not those just legacy Starwood, but those Marriotts own brands.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Apparently Marriott still have properties that use different system than the rest (supposedly new and improved Marsha)
And its not those just legacy Starwood, but those Marriotts own brands.
That's crazy, to me.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:31 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
supposedly new and improved Marsha
kaizen7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.