Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Status Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I'd keep it - could be good for polishing apples

I await the first images of polished apples..
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have still not received the Diamond package (card & gift) - Paris based. It seems that most of Plat/Diamond of this forum have received their new card, but may be I am wrong.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
My next Accor stay is in Sofitel downtown Dubai. I will write them soon to ask for a (very) early check-in (around 6:30-7 am) as my flight lands in DXB around 5:30. I know I am pushing it a bit too much, but this is the kind of “gesture” I expect at such a level of loyalty and spending with the brand. I am 99% sure that it will be declined but who knows...
Update : I have to say that I was pessimistic, but I received a very good answer from the hotel on my request of checking-in at 6 am :

Bonjour from Sofitel Dubai Downtown!We are delighted that you have selected our hotel and we appreciate the you for being loyal member of Accor

Hence we have noted the below request in the booking and informed the front desk to keep the room ready when you arrival

Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime should you have any queries.
Let's hope that there will be no problem when I'll actually check-in
IMH and hotel_user like this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
I have still not received the Diamond package (card & gift) - Paris based. It seems that most of Plat/Diamond of this forum have received their new card, but may be I am wrong.

Not Diamond, but Platinum - no card - no gift - no apple - nothing ..... UK based.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:20 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I'm still sitting on my old card.
Nothing received.

But i have this year so far stayed at
Raffles Jakarta
Fairmont Jaipur
Sofitel Singapore CC
Fairmont Singapore

And have been treated very very well at all properties. So far only stayed in Suites (while not necessarily paying for one).
​​​​
​​​
Goldorak and hotel_user like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I'm still sitting on my old card.
Nothing received.

But i have this year so far stayed at
Raffles Jakarta
Fairmont Jaipur
Sofitel Singapore CC
Fairmont Singapore

And have been treated very very well at all properties. So far only stayed in Suites (while not necessarily paying for one).
​​​​
​​​
Gilbertaue,

I would like to know how you compare Raffles Jakarta vs Sofitel Singapore City Center. I mean, in terms of room (suite) , toiletries etc. Oh, and the lounge and its evening cocktails.

I have stayed at Raffles Jakarta, although not in a suite, and I reckon its regular room to be the best regular room in the whole Jakarta. Compared to it, I find Fairmont Singapore far below it. I have not had the chance to stay at Sofitel CC, that's why I'm asking. Cheers
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: Accor All Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, iberia Plus Plat
By the way: Do anybody know how many Diamond members there are in 2020? Is there any official data from Accor regarding the numbers of loyalty program members?
hotel_user likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The receptionist at my last stay in a mid-scale hotel told me my next stay would push me into diamond. I've known her for years so she was quite excited to tell me the news. As I am platinum I had assumed this was the top tier. I checked what the benefit was to this amazing new level. Having read the benefits I thought I would be best off maintaining my diamond status at Hilton (free breakfast any day of the week) and plod along with platinum here.
Got a nice luggage tag and welcome that seemed vastly over-packaged for today's plastic-conscious society.
Oh well, it will have been nice for a year - corona virus will hit my travel for 2020.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

My next Accor stay is in Sofitel downtown Dubai. I will write them soon to ask for a (very) early check-in (around 6:30-7 am) as my flight lands in DXB around 5:30. I know I am pushing it a bit too much, but this is the kind of “gesture” I expect at such a level of loyalty and spending with the brand. I am 99% sure that it will be declined but who knows...
Update : I have to say that I was pessimistic, but I received a very good answer from the hotel on my request of checking-in at 6 am
I will post a full review after my stay, but I can already tell you that being Diamond means something at Sofitel Dubai Downtown. Top notch all the way
sycokid, hotel_user and kwines like this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 4:00 am

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
Diamond plus member here. Have trip this week, and Had to contact to see where my card was. Says it it coming from Paris.

In process of checking digital card on app, noticed plus not showing either. That tooK 2 phone calls and return call to rectify. Still was not updating online, although agent said it was on his system, so requested letter of introduction. Updated overnight.

5 SNUs in tow.... but Fairmont sanur all rooms classified as suites. But more to point all rooms above mine (with exception of villas) are not showing as available online for my dates. So will be interesting what is offered at checkin.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I thought SNU supposedly applied on booking?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7
I thought SNU supposedly applied on booking?
if you referring to my statement, you are correct.

I was just highlighting, SNU not useful to me, as prebooked rate and more the point, alls room are classified as suites at the property
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:12 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Is it too much asked to print new drink vouchers that also mention the diamond status? Le Club doesn't exist any longer, unfortunately. From Swissôtel Tallinn:

Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by ozmouse
. But more to point all rooms above mine (with exception of villas) are not showing as available online for my dates. So will be interesting what is offered at checkin.
happy to report checked today, early, and received 2 category upgrade, highest ocean view category they have. (Only 4 rooms) . A manager was called and welcomed us, don’t know which one as introduction was poor. Welcome drink was preset list of what included excellent cocktails.

haven’t figured out what is going on... re room availability.... they must have wings closed off as it is indeed low season with main resto closed in evening.

So happy outcome for us. Discovers this last year. Love the laid back vibe.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by ozmouse
happy to report checked today, early, and received 2 category upgrade, highest ocean view category they have. (Only 4 rooms) . A manager was called and welcomed us, don’t know which one as introduction was poor. Welcome drink was preset list of what included excellent cocktails.

haven’t figured out what is going on... re room availability.... they must have wings closed off as it is indeed low season with main resto closed in evening.

So happy outcome for us. Discovers this last year. Love the laid back vibe.
Hi Ozmouse,

I had just been at Fairmont Sanur in January. If you do not mind cheap but very tasty seafood by-the-beach, I have some recommendations for you (you can use Google Map) :

Within walking distance from the hotel, by the beach, turn right and there are two excellent seafood places.

1. Warung Odah Oning. Recommended : their prawn, squid and mahimahi fish

2. Jack Fish. Recommended : their seafood set (they have multiple options)

Within ten minutes of car ride :

1. Warung Amphibia at Sindu beach, choose your own fresh, live seafood : lobsters, big prawns, various fish and most recommended is the crab, so juicy and sweet.

Mind that these "warungs" are not exactly restaurants, but their food is so much better than restaurants (in my humble opinion). And much, much, cheaper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.