Room Type Disparity

Old Jan 14, 20, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Silver, Accor Platinum, BA Blue
Room Type Disparity

Hello,

I am having some real confusion when trying to book at Banyan Tree Seychelles.

Per Accor, for 2 persons staying for 5 nights (test dates 7/9/20 to 14/9/20). My options on advance purchase are:
  • Ocean Pool villa, 1 King Size Bed, from 97m2 @ 4,021
  • Beachfront Pool Villa, 1 King Size Bed, from 251 m2 @ 5,167
Per the Banyan Tree site, same dates and requirements my advance purchase options are:
  • Ocean Pool villa, 1 King Size Bed, is 97 m2 @ 4,035
  • Intendance Bay View Pool Villa, 1 King Size Bed, is 107 m2 @ 4,404
  • Sanctuary Ocean View Pool Villa, is 165 m2 @ 5,300
  • Beachfront Pool Villa, 1 King Size Bed, is 251 m2 @ 5,183
  • Royal Banyan Ocean View Pool Villa - 1 Bedroom, is 446 m2 @ 8,56
The Accor site is not showing the same options as Banyan Tree.

As a Platinum ALL member i'm hoping for an upgrade to at least the intendance villa as it has a jet pool AND infinity pool as a minimum, only the ocean view does not have a jet pool. I have a feeling that there is a BT and Accor disconnect and if i book via BT then my status wont be recognised, meaning I have to book the Intendance villa outright.

I emailed BT to ask why they have different room options and was told:

"All the villa has been part of our monthly ongoing maintenance plan to ensure all the villa are kept in immaculate condition...Both website has the same villa, Banyan tree website is more detailed in terms of accommodation and products ."

Any advice or thoughts welcome!
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:22 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold
Holy... more than a 1,000 euros per night? That's almost two months worth of salary for me - for 5 nights.

As to your question, the same thing as always applies: if it's very important for you to get the "Intendance Villa" (as a minimum), then you should book that room type (villa type?). While upgrades should happen if there is availability, I guess they don't have too many of these villas so there's a non-zero risk that you would have to make do without having both a jet pool and an infinity pool.

Whether you book on the BT page or the Accor page probably makes less of a difference. If you are worried, e-mail them after placing the reservation to confirm that your Platinum membership is on the booking and maybe hint that you want that upgrade if possible. Then you can always e-mail again a few days before arrival and nudge them again about the upgrade.
Old Jan 14, 20, 5:36 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Still ALL Plat, HH Gold
And look on both websites when you are not logged in, ( ie incognito mode ) just to check that Platinums do not pay more than they need...... It does happen, but thankfully not as often now.

e mail the hotel to ask what the Platinum benefits are prior to booking, and if it is a special occasion ( Birthday / Wedding etc ) then tell them ...

But if the type of room is important, then book that room type. Accor benefits are soft, and the hotel may be full !
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:40 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Just be aware of the room upgrade policy, which the website explicitly states excludes villas, one-of-a-kind suites or presidential suites.

The hotel may use its discretion and upgrade you - at my stay at the Pullman Lijiang we booked the base villa and got upgraded to the next one - but the hotel would be within its grounds to not upgrade to the villa.
starflyergold and hotel_user like this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 3:14 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Any advice or thoughts welcome!
Don't spend EUR 1000 per night on a villa in the Seychelles, donate to Australia relief efforts and go to a less problematic property, a Sofitel, MGallery or Pullman.
hotel_user likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: