Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Pay in Advance - then use points once earned?

Old Jan 13, 20, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Silver, Accor Platinum, BA Blue

Hello,

I am keen to book 5 nights in an Accor property later this year. The current buy now/prepaid rate is very appealing and I would be happy to pay using £.

However, in the next six months I am likely to gain a significant amount of ALL points, will i be able to get a refund and use these points towards the stay?

Thanks,

Stuart
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:21 am

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Hello Stuart

unfortunately no. You canít do it
Old Jan 13, 20, 10:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Still ALL Plat, HH Gold
You can probably use them to pay for "incidentals" when you are at the property.
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Silver, Accor Platinum, BA Blue
Thanks both.

I am struggling to tell which rates I can redeem points on and those that it is not possible. Is there somewhere or something i should be looking out for?
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by FrequentSherm View Post
Thanks both.

I am struggling to tell which rates I can redeem points on and those that it is not possible. Is there somewhere or something i should be looking out for?
There is a little coin icons with text "book with your points" for the rates that can be paid by points. Do note though if it's partially pay by points you cannot earn those points bonuses so I either pay maximum points possible or all in cash.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 2:31 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
You can never "pay in advance" and then request a refund, that's how paying in advance works The hotel gets paid in advance (except in some cases - e.g. in Germany where many "pay in advance" rates actually aren't charged until arrival or no-show) and then refunding you and getting Accor to pay the balance (which is basically what happens behind the scenes when you "pay" with points) would be a nightmare in every way.

As discussed, if there is a "coins" symbol next to a rate, you can pay with it using points. You will also be prompted to use points - if you have at least 2000 - when proceeding to payment in case of a prepaid rate.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: