UK non-Amex credit card earning Accor points?

Old Jan 12, 20, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Question UK non-Amex credit card earning Accor points?

Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask or it's somewhere I haven't found - this is my first post.

I'm very new to the points earning world, and I don't travel a lot, but would like to try to earn towards hotel redemptions with everyday spending. I have an Amex card where I earn Membership Rewards, but I would also like a Mastercard or Visa to make the most of spending at places that don't take Amex. I live in the UK and mostly travel in Europe, and generally like Accor properties, so I would prefer to earn Accor if possible.

My question is, is anyone aware of a way to earn Accor points on a Mastercard or Visa? I'm up for earning it through a third party and converting, but the partners that I have found so far either only have Amex cards, or aren't open to UK applicants (eg Air France).

Any advice much appreciated. Thank you!
Old Jan 12, 20, 10:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Still ALL Plat, HH Gold
None, directly, that I know.

The only way to earn a good few points is to spend in Accor Hotels. Transfers eat away at the value of the original earning ( and visa versa )

However, a few months ago, so I have been told. The "According To You" focus group asked if there was a market for a points earning Credit Card. Have been told nothing since.

Personally I would welcome a points earning CC, but this maybe impossible due to a cap on the amount of money a retailer can be charged, and I doubt that Accor would wish to donate money ( ie points ) into it with no or little return for them. The points have a fixed value ( 0.02ec ), and they do not have any reasonable arbatarge schemes either.

Open to corrections of my limited understanding.

Last edited by hotel_user; Jan 12, 20 at 10:07 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: