Old Jan 6, 20, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
2020 Status Points, how's it going?

Haha, early I know. But let's get this ball Rollin'
I am at 4 earned nights for 2020. Only 56 more night for Platinum!!!! lol
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 20, 11:40 pm

For now 6 nights and 2300 status points... 10% there...
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Jan 7, 20, 6:34 am

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
I have 4 stays planned for 2020, all booked >1 year in advance, 1 of which will earn over 26,000 points on its own, so I'm not worried about requalifying (even less worried because status is basically worthless in ALL). Unless I find some unexpected vacation time, I should finish 2020 with 4 stays, 34 nights, and ~52,000 points, depending on the EUR/CAD fx rate.
sycokid likes this.
Old Jan 7, 20, 7:24 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Platinum H Honors Diamond
Currently 7 nights and 2224 points so off to a good start for the year
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Jan 7, 20, 1:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Originally Posted by CanadaDH View Post
I have 4 stays planned for 2020, all booked >1 year in advance, 1 of which will earn over 26,000 points on its own, so I'm not worried about requalifying (even less worried because status is basically worthless in ALL). Unless I find some unexpected vacation time, I should finish 2020 with 4 stays, 34 nights, and ~52,000 points, depending on the EUR/CAD fx rate.
Did you book the entire Chateau Frontenac for yourself?

I have 5 night booked by the end of January, so this is perfectly on track for 60 nights / year. My business travel plans seem to be last-minute, so I might add more - especially now that I discovered the DACH x3 promo.
Old Jan 7, 20, 6:40 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by JTCz View Post
Did you book the entire Chateau Frontenac for yourself?

I have 5 night booked by the end of January, so this is perfectly on track for 60 nights / year. My business travel plans seem to be last-minute, so I might add more - especially now that I discovered the DACH x3 promo.
No, but I do love the Chateau Frontenac (they always gave me toiletry bottles with my name printed on them)! No, most of the points will be from the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, with a winter ski trip (Feb) and a summer hiking trip (July). I also have 2 ski trips at Mont Tremblant (January and March) booked.

Thankfully, no business travel for me. I did actually have 1 night in a hotel for business last year (Fairmont Queen Elizabeth in Montreal), and probably a total of 4 nights over the past 10 years for business purposes. I like to enjoy travel and never associate it with work, so I resist business travel wherever and whenever possible.
JTCz likes this.
Old Jan 7, 20, 7:57 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by CanadaDH View Post
No, but I do love the Chateau Frontenac (they always gave me toiletry bottles with my name printed on them)!
Same here! A very classy hotel, head and shoulders above the competition in Québec City. They know how to treat their guests well.
Old Jan 8, 20, 9:21 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold, Accor & IHG Plat, Meliá & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Even this early in the year I'm pretty sure of one thing: my personal target this year is to avoid exceeding 14,000 points by any more than a minimal safety cushion. I'll use some of the points I've been accumulating and also stay at more Meliá and independent hotels.

As 2020 progresses, we'll see if Accor mends ALL.
starflyergold, sycokid and ET85 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: