FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Review Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/2002808-review-sofitel-bogota-victoria-regia.html)

Goldorak Jan 5, 2020 12:26 pm

Review Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia

Introduction Third and last step of my Colombia tour. Sofitel Bogota for 2 nights. The hotel is located in a fancy and residential area of Bogota called La Cabrera. It is important to mention that the hotel is undergoing renovation until end March 2020. It is well announced on the website. The restaurant called Le Basilic is currently closed. There is a temporary bar in a small room and the BF is served in 2 temporary rooms. Gym equipments have also been moved in temporary rooms. But I have to say it is extremely well done and handled by the staff and you don’t really suffer from this. For the closed restaurant, it’s not a problem at all as the area has tons of bars and restaurants at walking distance, including in the hotel street. So, it means that the pictures I will post below for restaurants/bar are just temporary arrangements. To finish on that subject, when I was there (mid-december), the street was also closed for major renovation, so it was a bit of a mess. Fortunately, the hotel is located close to an intersection and they have installed a temporary booth at the intersection with a valet taking care of all transportation demands. I am assuming that those roadworks should be finished at the time I am posting this review. As for previous hotels, I arranged transportation with the hotel from the airport and there was no issue. I totally forgot to request in advance an early check-in and unfortunately my upgraded room (a Junior Suite, upgraded from booked Luxury/king) was not ready. They gave me access to a room where I could change, arrange packing and then I left my luggages at the front desk while I would explore town. I used transportations of the hotel, as it is not recommended very safe in BOG to hire a taxi in the street.Pictures of main lobby, front desk and temporary rooms for bar and breakfast : Room Coming back, my keys were quickly delivered and the bags had been already delivered to the room. The junior suite had 2 parts clearly separated by the bathroom which was in 2 parts (sink+closet on the left and WC and shower on the right). Sign of the times, cosmetics were L’Occitane in bulk + a Hermès soap bar.Each room had a balcony with tables and chairs which was nice to enjoy an espresso outside. Welcome amenities included some local fruits and a very good (and very rich) chocolate cake. Welcome letter + drink voucher were given.Every evening during the turndown service, a coca tea bag & cup was given. Overall Overall a nice hotel (but I was not able to try it all due to the renovation) and the service was excellent.