FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Angsana.com and BanyanTree.com bookings. ALL benefits? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/2002404-angsana-com-banyantree-com-bookings-all-benefits.html)

monsieurcumulus Jan 2, 2020 10:17 pm

Angsana.com and BanyanTree.com bookings. ALL benefits?

I’m considering booking a stay at the Angsana in Luang Prabang. Rates are available everywhere on the net including at Angsana.com but not on Accor website or app (listed as unavailable for your dates).

Are Angsana.com bookings count as eligible rates? Is this a Accor derived website?

Dav77 Jan 2, 2020 11:44 pm

It’s an official channel. So you are entitled to get ALL points. Just add your membership card number during booking process or at the property during check in

Ubud Jan 5, 2020 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dav77 (Post 31902885)
It’s an official channel. So you are entitled to get ALL points. Just add your membership card number during booking process or at the property during check in

I booked Angsana Lang Co through their site for a Dec 2019 stay and the points posted the day after departure.

They were also more or less up to speed on benefits, giving a 1 category upgrade and drink vouchers.

hessinger Sep 11, 2022 7:45 am

I checked into the Angsana Xishuangbanna today after having booked through Angsana.com and told me Platinum benefits wouldn't be recognized, but they said they would upgrade me as a courtesy, but the breakfast benefits would not be applied, no drink vouchers, or lounge access (which I don't believe they have).

I sent off an email to Accor support but they rarely respond to inquiries. Anyone had any experience with this? Is what they have stated is true. I can see the property hasn't opted out of ALL.

kaizen7 Sep 11, 2022 2:53 pm

Booking through banyantree/angsana own website should be eligible for ALL points.
Add membership number on the note field i believe

The only hassle is you need to reconfirm with the hotel on check in (or check out) to add your membership number to the booking.

Stayed before at Banyan tree Bintan and Banyan Tree Buahan Retreat and have the credit without issues
(and got all elite benefits too)

hessinger Sep 13, 2022 7:37 am

I went back and talked to the hotel manager and got told this is the way they've always ran things and there's no exceptions, they won't recognize the status or award points. I've also sent off an email to the corporate email address listed on banyantree website but highly doubting I'll get a response. The rates between the ALL app and Angsana.com were substantially different at the time of booking.

hessinger Sep 15, 2022 8:06 am

I got a disappointing response from Accor Support reiterating the property's position in it is at the property's discretion when booking directly with property (i.e. angsana.com). I guess a word of caution for anyone looking to book through these websites.

Dav77 Oct 31, 2022 6:15 am

Originally Posted by hessinger (Post 34596197)
I went back and talked to the hotel manager and got told this is the way they've always ran things and there's no exceptions, they won't recognize the status or award points. I've also sent off an email to the corporate email address listed on banyantree website but highly doubting I'll get a response. The rates between the ALL app and Angsana.com were substantially different at the time of booking.

and often the rates on Booking.com for the Angsana and Banyan Tree are much lower than any direct channel (All / Angsana.com / banyantree.com) … so I would suggest you to check Booking.com rate and then claim for the BRG (if they honor)