Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2020 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Accor ALL members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your ALL status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2020 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:37 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I guess I just don't understand why a welcome drink or amenity is somehow worth less, just because every guest gets one. It's as if some people don't care about the actual product, as long as they feel they are receiving more than somebody else got. I wouldn't enjoy a welcome amenity any less, because the guy in the room next to me of a lesser ALL status also got one? From my perspective, a hotel that offers perks to all guests, is a positive, not a negative. When I'm paying for a high-end hotel, they had better offer me a good product, whether I'm a long-term guest or I'm on my first stay with them. I would return to a hotel based on how they treat me as a paying customer on my first stay, not what perks I might receive beyond what a guest with a lower spend history might receive, and how they might treat me differently.
Originally Posted by testman
This thread is called "Accor ALL Elite Experiences" after all. I'd say this is the right place to say what Silver/Gold/Platinum/Diamond members gets at different Accor hotels around the world and, sometimes more importantly, what they don't get.

It is good to hear that a hotel offers something to all guests too. But if the hotel decides to replace an ALL benefit (without consulting HQ?) with something they do anyway for any guest, it loses part of its charm. No matter how good it is.
I mean, I understand where you are coming from. However, what is the point of a loyalty programme then? I'm not trying to be self-entitled, but if you put work into sticking with the loyalty programme, one would expect to enjoy the benefits of the programme nonetheless. Indeed, it is fantastic they are providing it all guests. But why join the loyalty programme then? My question to the hotel is what differentiates booking directly with them or via 3rd party. I'm sure points can't only be a major factor. Its the addition of soft benefits that attract booking directly with them rather than through Agoda or Hotels.com.

Originally Posted by hotel_user
Tend to agree with ContinentalVoyager7 on this. Rules are there. I know that it may seem petty to some, but to attain some form of status you have 1) understood that there is a loyalty program and 2) spent time and money achieving a level ( no matter how poor - silver is the welcome drink threshold ) as a status level.

It is nice that the hotel offers all guests a complimentary drink. But it would not be difficult to leave a voucher in the room for say another for the guest that they have recognised as having status. Its part of the "deal" that members do with Accor that we earn status by spending time / money with the group and as a return the group gives the agreed status benefits. A drink ( single ) in France is still offered - and I have had my share of sparkling or still ( water that is ), so why is this hotel unwilling to accept the rules / terms.

To me this is a hard benefit. Others like upon availability , are not guaranteed ( but welcome ). and do not in my book have a value. Needless to say I do complain if I do not get them ( and there seems to be no reason for them not being given ). Also the lack of service recovery is disappointing.

Agree you stay at this hotel for the history and kudos. However it is not priced as an Ibis. You expect the best, and to be nit picking it seemed a let down. It will not let me be put off from staying there when we can travel again. Staf Safe.
Totally agree on your points. Yes, I admit I am nitpicking, but if I were to be paying close to $800 a night, I believe I am entitled to some space of expectations too.

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Stayed at Raffles Singapore twice last year, I find their service was impeccable on both occasions.
(I was Platinum on those stays)

About the welcome drinks, I agree it would be better to give elites a welcome drink voucher to be used at their bar to adhere with program requirements although I already satisfied with their Singapore Sling.

And for the fruit platter, I believe I did receive more than fruit bowl.
On my first stay I got those local cakes and pastries which they change every day.
On my 2nd stay, they did have some macarons with welcome back notes. The macarons is replenished next day with addition of assorted local dessert quite similar to the first stay.
Specially on 25th December, I got a chocolate snowman.
Not sure if it was given to everyone else since I didn't bother peek into other rooms
Mate, I honestly expected this too after reading old TripAdvisor reviews. It is after all, the famed Raffles Hotel. I've always wanted to stay there and when I finally did, you could imagine how happy I was. However, pity it didn't go in that direction. Also, as of late, I noticed there was an uptick in negative reviews mentioning a lack of service. So I guess my case wasn't an isolated incident either. perhaps they are going through a rough time due to COVID? Who knows?
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:57 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I gave the feedback to raffles on my last 2 stays on recognition. The macarons and fruits are standard across rooms. Doubt they give a care about elite recognition.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 8:03 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by cowism
I gave the feedback to raffles on my last 2 stays on recognition. The macarons and fruits are standard across rooms. Doubt they give a care about elite recognition.
No Macarons during my stay though. Did ask them considering I read they gave them previously. They said no more. They gave fruits and it was replenished once. Cheers
Old Sep 18, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by ContinentalVoyager7
I mean, I understand where you are coming from. However, what is the point of a loyalty programme then? I'm not trying to be self-entitled, but if you put work into sticking with the loyalty programme, one would expect to enjoy the benefits of the programme nonetheless. Indeed, it is fantastic they are providing it all guests. But why join the loyalty programme then? My question to the hotel is what differentiates booking directly with them or via 3rd party. I'm sure points can't only be a major factor. Its the addition of soft benefits that attract booking directly with them rather than through Agoda or Hotels.com.
When it comes to higher end properties, there is far less point to a loyalty program. There just is. Accor has never been a luxury operator historically, and their portfolio of guests are largely not experienced high-end luxury travelers, if you look at the vast number of crappy properties/brands. This is basically new for Accor. Purchasing chains like Fairmont, Rafffes, Banyan Tree, Orient Express, etc. is putting them in this new space, and they're trying to operate a common program across all brands. This situation is not unique to the Raffles Singapore. Higher end hotels like to provide benefits to everybody. Ever wonder why Four Seasons doesn't have a loyalty program at all? I've stayed a number of times at FS properties (Mauritius, Geneva, Istanbul, Paris; all fabulous), and been treated great. Not one of the guests in a FS hotel goes there because of a loyalty program, but they go there nonetheless. That doesn't mean guests don't develop a certain loyalty for the brand, and FS is certainly driving for that outcome, but they don't develop that loyalty because of a status-earned free breakfast and a chance at a late checkout. Before Accor bought Raffles, I would argue that Raffles didn't have a loyalty program either. Sure, they had a program to join, but it's not like it included any actual benefits. I don't think twice about paying over $1,000/night for my hotel stays, but I expect some great services in return for that, whether I'm a top tier member or not.

It's not just limited to hotel chains. Look at airlines. People have status and get benefits like lounge access and bigger luggage allowances. People who buy first class or business class tickets don't need status, and they get all of those benefits as part of their ticket, whether they're in the loyalty program or not. If you're a top tier member of an airline program and buy a first class ticket, do you feel cheated that you got access to the lounge, but nothing extra, because your status didn't bring you anything you wouldn't have gotten with the ticket purchased?

I once earned status with Air France, booking a First Class return flight from North America to Africa for my wife and I. We earned a ton of points on that flight, and never set foot on a Skyteam airline since or redeemed the points. I booked it because they had a great product and the most efficient routing to my destination. I didn't care about the loyalty program, but you better believe I expected top tier service for what I paid for the ticket. Often, people choosing higher end service providers just aren't doing it for the points or the perks of the program. Getting perks is just supposed to be a given there.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Sep 18, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Old Sep 19, 2020, 12:53 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Good point about developing loyalty through experience rather than tiers. However, a benefit for everybody isn't a loyalty benefit. It's just a part of the experience (or room rate, should you wish to put it that way). General and loyalty experience are two different levels, and whichever loyalty benefit is published, it should be delivered. No questions asked. Unpublished ways of recognition, such as a simple Thank you for your loyalty are of course just a matter of how well the hotel or airline can play the game. The soft product is what creates emotions, while the hard product generally has enough alternatives.
Obviously, for some the distinction will be more blurred, while for others the line will be pretty sharp. To me, delivering on promised benefits seems like an apparent way of increasing satisfaction rates, because the former customer group will be happy anyway, while the latter rightfully expects the hotel or airline to deliver.
In the end, it's not about judging other guests or passengers, but the hotel or airline, regardless of which group you belong to.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 5:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
There is very little cost in a GM letter left on the room bed. Adds a touch of recognition.

Raffles, and that Raffles does not need to generate trade by loyalty program membership, but they are part of the program.

Cheap penny pinching shows. Its sad.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I got feeling Raffles is pretty much mirroring Ritz-Carlton in Bonvoy universe.

They think they above other brands and even above the program itself.
Although so far, Raffles still a notch better than Ritz-Carlton in the same city.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 5:11 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I got feeling Raffles is pretty much mirroring Ritz-Carlton in Bonvoy universe.

They think they above other brands and even above the program itself.
Although so far, Raffles still a notch better than Ritz-Carlton in the same city.
I dont think you can judge a while brand from the experience at one property.

I had a very good stay at the Raffles Shenzhen earlier this year and received status benefits (except drink voucher, as the bar was closed - covid). From what I've read on this forum, Raffles Jakarta appears to do a great job recognizing loyalty.

Of course, this is only two hotels, so perhaps they are the exception?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Adagio Frankfurt City Messe

- Name of the hotel:

Platinum

Yes

Booked studio and received a 1-bedroom apartment

- How are the rooms?
Rooms are nice and modern and well furnished.

Good: Nice hotel. Convenient location. Good price. Upgrade

Bad: No welcome gift.

- No lounge

Welcome drink vouchers were for the bottled drinks they had in their little shop.
When I asked for welcome gift, they offered a choice of a 500ml bottle of water or coffee beans for the in-room coffee machine. When I said that this was quite surprising to me, he generously offered me both. Seems a bit cheeky they can't be bothered to offer even some little chocolate or something.

Not sure about their normal pricing, but for this trip, it was around 55 EUR per night, so I would surely stay again at that price.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
- Name of the hotel: Mercure City Center Bandung

- What is your ALL status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Privilege room > Executive suite

- How are the rooms? Quite spacious, well maintained although build quality is not that good (typical Indonesian building) and it was a proper suite with proper separation between living room and bedroom

Good: loyalty recognition, location, general service

Bad: none

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? n/a

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 1 voucher for 2 pax (I only chech in alone)
but never have the chance to use the voucher so not very sure what's on offer.
Welcome amenity : plate of chocolate and some dried fruits

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: ALL Accor - Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Fairmont Hotel Macdonald (Edmonton, Canada)

- What is your ALL status? Gold, although they recognized me as Platinum for some reason

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Deluxe View King/River View Gold King

- How are the rooms? Gold Room was recently renovated, so it was very nice

Good: The only renovated rooms in this hotel are the Gold Floor rooms, so I was pleased to be upgraded even though technically Fairmont Gold is not open for reservations (nor is the lounge available) at this time. I was recognized as a platinum member instead of gold (maybe because I am somewhat close to gold status), and they informed me that breakfast was free of charge because it was a weekend. I didn't know this was a platinum feature, so I was very surprised and pleased.

Bad: I was given the smallest gold floor view room (according to the floor plan) with very small windows. Since it's a heritage property, this is sometimes the case, but next time, I'll request a room farther from the elevator.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No - Gold Lounge was closed due to COVID/low demand.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drinks were provided - they were flexible enough to let me use them on the morning of my departure for smoothies. Other welcome amenity was pretty minimal - 3 chocolate covered strawberries.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Great value for money, especially with the gold upgrade, complimentary breakfast for two (worth ~$150 CAD over two mornings), and 'Stay Close - 2 nights for the price of 1' rate that I booked under. Total came to $425 CAD for the two night say.

-Would you return?
Yes, but I'd check to see that the Gold Lounge is open before booking again.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 9:30 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Complimentary breakfast on weekends is a Diamond benefit, not Platinum - looks like you lucked out on that front!
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 12:55 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
- Name of the hotel:

Platinum

Yes

Booked studio and received a 1-bedroom apartment

- How are the rooms?
Rooms are nice and modern and well furnished.

Good: Nice hotel. Convenient location. Good price. Upgrade

Bad: No welcome gift.

- No lounge

Welcome drink vouchers were for the bottled drinks they had in their little shop.
When I asked for welcome gift, they offered a choice of a 500ml bottle of water or coffee beans for the in-room coffee machine. When I said that this was quite surprising to me, he generously offered me both. Seems a bit cheeky they can't be bothered to offer even some little chocolate or something.

Not sure about their normal pricing, but for this trip, it was around 55 EUR per night, so I would surely stay again at that price.
When I stayed there the welcome gift was a package with hand and face cream (full size, not miniature), this was 3 years ago.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
My first stay at an Accor hotel since March

Name of the hotel: Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile

What is your ALL status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked luxury room, received upgrade to prestige suite. An upgrade was not offered at check-in, but was provided upon request. Just spent one night and the hotel was very quiet.

- How are the rooms? Excellent, the suite was very spacious and everything was in good condition.

Good: Room upgrade, but only upon request. Two drink vouchers given at check in. Fantastic location.
Bad: The bar was closed during our short stay, so could only use the drink vouchers for coffee or similar at the restaurant. I love their bar and that was one of the reasons we booked the hotel - but alas, it is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value but hotel rates now in Chicago are low.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 7:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Wyndham Diamond, Bestwestern Diamond & Hyatt Platinum
Name of the hotel: Sofitel Brisbane Central

What is your ALL status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Not really. Received a phone call from Sofitel Duty Manager the day before my arrival advising what’s not available/open to Plats. i.e. closed Club Lounge, limited breakfast, welcome drink cannot be redeemed at bar etc... The manager was very negative and resulted in me having feelings of worry and unease about the stay. I considered cancelling the reservation.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard Double room; No upgrade available...apparently. The Sofitel was very quiet with hardly any guests for a Saturday night.

How are the rooms? Standard Sofitel decor and furnishings, however very rundown. Plumbing noisy and intermittent hot water supply. The room was not clean with a large amount of dust. I sneezed all night. Air conditioning system was noisy and had black mould on vent.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Good internet and reasonable location (next to Brisbane Central train station)

Bad:
Anti-covid-19 measures taken to an extreme: No mini bar, no coffee machine. Getting a welcome drink was a major exercise, very limited staff and a depressing feel to hotel.
Limited housekeeping. tried to contact housekeeping on numerous occasions regarding dust and dirt behind and under bedding/furniture and air con. issues to no avail.
Poor room ventilation with no ability to open a window. Not game to use the old dusty air conditioning system.
No answer to Sofitel customer care line.
No upgrade.
No early check-in/late check out available due to Covid.
Hand sanitising stations in lifts did not work.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Closed

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Welcome drinks voucher given at check-in. Hotel cafeteria/bar ('Sophies') opened during limited hours due to the pandemic. Waited approx. 10 minutes for a staff member at Sophies and only small bottle of wine option or non-alcoholic drinks. Advised that I do not drink wine and would like to have a beer and rudely told to ask the hotel duty manager at reception.
No welcome note or welcome gift

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? First hotel stay in Brisbane since Covid and so disappointed. Gloomy feel to the hotel and depressing staff. Tried to explain issues during my stay with duty Manager at check-out. However, she was unsympathetic and kept referring to the current 'Global Pandemic’. I will never stay at this hotel again.
BinSabai likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.