Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2020 master thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Accor ALL members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your ALL status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2020 master thread

Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by hotel_user
Sounds like a horrible hotel.
Certainly nothing to write home about, but I would not qualify it as horrible.

Originally Posted by hotel_user
It was probably cheaper to convert to a Mercure than to upgrade to the new Novotel standard.
For sure.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:05 am

Programs: All Diamond
Name of the hotel: The Fantauzzo Brisbane ( Art Series Hotel )
- What is your ALL status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Hotel was fine other aspects not so
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked studio suite received studio suite but it was Valentines weekend so as expected full up

- How are the rooms?
Rooms were tasefully decorated but seemed on the small size compared to other hotels

Good:

Location under Storey Bridge and next to Howard Smith Wharfs . Breakfast was good ,nice hotel bar and pool area. Complimentary drinks vouchers

Bad:
No official recognition of status on arrival and even had to ask about complimentary breakfast and where the dining room was and it's hours .
Not even 1 bottle of water over weekend, there was a gift of 4 nourishment bars of kind.
Slowest service ever at the rooftop bar.
The people employed to hoist the elevators by hand need to be given a break and appropriate electronic apparatus put in place. Must've spent half the weekend it seemed waiting for lifts
Whilst breakfast was tasty it was from a set menu in this hotel and not buffet style but it was complimentary
Views straight into cliff face

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? n/a

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Vouchers for 2 pax given at check in (good for tea, coffee, water, soda, beer)
No other perks

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Nice location but even at sale price it was as exy as the Sofitel in the Cbd . (with far less reward points awarded into the bargain don't really see the need to revisit . Accor really need to up the ante to where these high flying properties at great expense come with the same points rewards as the likes of Pullman and Sofitel which at times are much cheaper . Shocking decision by whoever !!!!.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Novotel Paris 14 porte d'Orlans

Name of the hotel:: Novotel Paris 14 porte d'Orlans

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? : not really

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? : I booked a standard room with queen bed & sofa for 4 peoples and received the same : no upgrade although executive rooms and suites were available.

- How are the rooms?: standard European size, but really small if you are 4 people sleeping (executive rooms are bigger). Room was too warm for me, but we could not open the window.

Good: :
  • late check-out 2pm
Bad:
  • no upgrade although executive rooms and suites were available
  • welcome drink for 1 person only (welcome to France !)
  • Housekeeper was not informed of the late check-out and entered the room despite the DND sign
- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?: no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :

welcome drink for 1 person and.... nothing (remember we are in France !)

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? likely not.
starflyergold and Goldorak like this.

Last edited by nrouxel; Feb 20, 2020 at 2:42 am
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
That is one small room ( even for France ..... )
testman likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Mercure Saint Malo Front de Mer

Name of the hotel:: Mercure Saint Malo Front de Mer

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? : nothing really bad, but just not the best Mercure in St Malo

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? : I booked a standard room with lateral view to the sea : no upgrade given despite rooms with real sea view and executive rooms were available.

- How are the rooms?: standard (old) mercure room.

• close to the sea and St Malo old town (10 minutes walk)
  • You could enjoy waves during stormy weather

Bad:
  • no upgrade
  • no welcome gift
  • no real status recognition

welcome drink for 1 person

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? likely not, I would stay at Mercure Balmoral which is more modern
hotel_user likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nrouxel
Name of the hotel:: Mercure Saint Malo Front de Mer

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? : nothing really bad, but just not the best Mercure in St Malo

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? : I booked a standard room with lateral view to the sea : no upgrade given despite rooms with real sea view and executive rooms were available.

- How are the rooms?: standard (old) mercure room.

• close to the sea and St Malo old town (10 minutes walk)
  • You could enjoy waves during stormy weather

Bad:
  • no upgrade
  • no welcome gift
  • no real status recognition

welcome drink for 1 person

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? likely not, I would stay at Mercure Balmoral which is more modern
souvenirs....!
I stayed a significant number of times in this Mercure, mostly because of its location but they are just horrible with loyalty recognition and, for this reason, I have not stayed there anymore for years. You may be interested reading one of my last post about this hotel in 2014. It is interesting to see that nothing has changed. Reading your post, I had the feeling to re-live all my last stays there
Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013

As you said at the end, you'd better go to Mercure Balmoral in front of the train station. A much better hotel.
nrouxel and paolo64 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:13 pm

@Goldorak
Hah! I love that example: the more ‘enhancements’ to programs, the more they stay the same. Regardless of which program, the only constant is the struggle for consumers to get a decent and fair deal. Accor, Marriott, IHG, all of them..same, same, same.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Mercure Roscoff Bord de mer

Name of the hotel:: Mercure Roscoff bord de mer

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? : Yes
One of the best welcome I had in a Mercure hotel in France. All the staff are friendly and professional and fully know the LCAH program

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? : I booked a standard room and was upgrade to a sea view room (2 categories upgrade)

- How are the rooms?: Nice and quite large room, really above the sea.

• Staff is perfect
  • upgrade
  • feeling that I was in a boat (without rolling !)
Bad:
  • drink voucher limited to 5€, but it was good for hot drink, soft drink or a beer.
  • No view from the breakfast room because the shutters of the room remained closed due to the storm (I could hear the waves on the shutters). Normally, the view is beautiful.

welcome drink (limited to 5€)

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? around 70€ including breakfast. I will surely return.
Goldorak and hotel_user like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
It is great that you have found a "good" seaside hotel, but sad for Accor that most of the others in the area ( well a few 10's of KM ) are not up to this standard.
Looking forward to your possible stay at the Mercure in Dieppe lol . ( We had two goodish stays there but just a little overpriced )
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Mercure Nantes Centre Gare

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Nantes Centre Gare

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Not so

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard room and got that despite higher level rooms were available

- How are the rooms? room is modern and well soundproofed (this hotel is just above the train station)

Good:
situation : 2 minutes walk from the train station

Bad: No more desk for check-in, the receptionist have now an app on their smartphone but I don't really like this
No upgrade despite higher level rooms were available
No drink voucher given at check-in and I didn't find any in my room

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? No welcome drink voucher but free mineral water as part of the room. No other amenities offered.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I would return only if I have an early train because of the situation of this mercure

Last edited by nrouxel; Mar 2, 2020 at 5:05 am
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Mercure Nantes Passage Pommeraye

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Nantes Passage Pommeraye

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a junior suite (highest level). When I checked -in, I was asked about my preference (higher floor, away from elevator)

- How are the rooms? room is modern and well soundproofed (this hotel has been renovated last year)

Good:
the welcome was perfect. The location is great in the center of Nantes.

Bad: Nothing

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? welcome drink voucher and free mineral water as part of the room. No other amenities offered.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes : my favorite hotel in Nantes
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a family room (in fact two communicating rooms : one with king bed and the other one with twin beds)

- How are the rooms? room is modern and well soundproofed. The bed are excellent

Good:
Welcome was great. Breakfast was worth waking up earlier !

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? No drink voucher given at check-in and I didn't find any in my room. two Birchbox beauty boxes

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes for an early flight from CDG
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Novotel Wien Hauptbanhoff

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Wien Hauptbanhoff

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked two standard rooms upgraded to two executive rooms

- How are the rooms? room is modern and well soundproofed. The view is great

Good:
Kind,welcoming staff. Breakfast was excellent. You have a great view of vienna on the 18th floors in the fitness center.
Very convenient location if you come by train (and 10 minutes from the center with the underground)

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 4 drink voucher given at check-in valid for cocktails. Chocolate cake, apple and chocolate bars in each room

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes

Below, I compared my stays at the novotel Paris 14 and the Novotel Wien hauptbanhoff: the manager of the Novotel Paris 14 could come for an internship in Vienna!

Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:15 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Name of the hotel: Novotel Paris Centre Gare Montparnasse

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very happy

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Standard room, proactively obtained an Executive room at check-in without asking

How are the rooms? Good for Paris A bit stuffy (but I find all hotels in Europe stuffy with poor ventilation). Double bed, couch (no work area to speak of, could have used small table I guess), bath, shower in one closed room with WC in another

What was good and what was bad?

Good: Staff were friendly and proactive. Good bar area, excellent location close to many transportation links, bed was comfortable

Bad: Not much except the aforementionned ventilation issues. We could open the window at least. Bar area quite loud in the evening but I do not think I am their target market

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink vouchers for 2, valid for wine, beer and soft drinks. No welcome amenity but Executive room has free minibar which was replenished daily.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Great value! I booked it on a 40% off private sale so very happy with accomodations. Will consider in my future travels to Paris
Goldorak and wkndtraveler like this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:28 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Admiral Ackbar This seems a generous French Novotel since you received two drink vouchers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.