Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Diamond/Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels (2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond/Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels (2020)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 1:04 am

Checked into the Mercure Sydney yesterday - unfortunately on Government controlled hotel quarantine. So no Platinum amenity and no room upgrade. Rooms are allocated by NSW police officer who just laughed when I asked if I would get my usual 2 bottles of craft beer and pack of Nobbies nuts as welcome amenity!
Even worse I am $A1700 short of qualifying for Diamond this year and none of my $3000 quarantine accomodation fee will count as qualifying in ALL - and by the time I get out I won't have enough time to earn those points before EOY.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:20 pm

I am new to hotel membership and start journey to learn on it.

For Welcome Amenities, is it hotel will prepare it automatically upon check-in by show them the member status? Or must be special request ask them?

I am gold member and 2-Jan will stay over in Sofitel, just learn how to maximize member privileges... Happy to learn from yours
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:36 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
The hotel should prepare a welcome amenity automatically and you'll find it in your room on check-in. It will sometimes arrive later with a door knock especially if you checked in early. If there were no welcome amenity, I used to ask for it at reception. These days I usually follow the advice of another person who posted on here and, if it's there, feel welcomed and, if not, let it go.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 2:13 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Beckett66
The hotel should prepare a welcome amenity automatically and you'll find it in your room on check-in. It will sometimes arrive later with a door knock especially if you checked in early. If there were no welcome amenity, I used to ask for it at reception. These days I usually follow the advice of another person who posted on here and, if it's there, feel welcomed and, if not, let it go.
Thanks and great to hear they should prepare automatically and yeah... it seems they should know who their guest about.
Let's see whether they will prepare one...
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
Gold member - Fairmont Dallas (Dec. 2020) - 2 drink certs for lobby bar (due to COVID, you just had to mention to bartender).

Same - Fairmont Austin (Late December 2020) - 2 drink certs - actual cards though

retail value - $18 (ish) per drink. Not too shabby.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by andylow4421
Thanks and great to hear they should prepare automatically and yeah... it seems they should know who their guest about.
Let's see whether they will prepare one...
Keep in mind that, depending where you stay, Covid can be a (poor) excuse to not provide any welcome gift
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor & Marriott platinum
Gold member - Mercure Seoul Hongdae (Aug. 2020)

complimentry mini bar (coca cola, sprite, 1 can of local beer) high-level room amenity

2 small macarons , 2 gold medal apple juices and almond snack (welcome amenity)

Gold member - Novotel Seoul Dongdaemun (Sep. 2020)

two big tropical macarons and two slices of grapefruit.

Gold member - Novotel Seoul Doksan (Nov. 2020)

2 bottles of sparkling water(1 flavored , 1 natural)

Platinum member - Novotel Seoul Yongsan (Dec. 2020)

they gave me six chocolates.

The chocolate was sold in the lobby lounge at about 8 usd.

Of course, it was given separately from the welcome drinks.

I'm sorry I can't upload the pictures.

Last edited by loccor; Jan 1, 2021 at 11:31 am
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: Skywards blue, OK Plus, Delta Skymiles, Avios, Etihad Guest
Accor Gold: Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta - Mgallery (January 2020) welcome gift of fruits and biscuits, upgrade mentioned but I did not want to switch from twin to double + voucher for one drink per adult incl. great Cocktails in the bar

MGallery The Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta

Accor Gold: Mercure Jakarta Sabang (January 2020) welcome gift of cookies + one soft drink per adult (no alcohol option)

Mercure Jakarta Sabang

Accor Gold: Sofitel Warsaw Victoria (February 2020) - no welcome gift, no upgrade, but I obtained voucher for one drink incl. cocktails in the Lobby

Accor Gold: Nungwi Dreams by Mantis Zanzibar (December 2020) - no welcome gift, no upgrade, no drink voucher,
when I asked at the reception during check-in they had no printed vouchers and told me to ask in the restaurant; in the restaurant the waiting staff said "no free drinks, everything full price". The Accor All benefits are non existent in this hotel (despite the fact that on Accor website they claim you can take advantage of all ALL Gold advantages). Above that I was contacted by the reception one week before arrival to provide my credit card details, because apparently booking via Accor website is not good enough for them... I would like to complain to Accor, but the hotel is not listed in the contact form drop-down list (and it is a required field to select a specific hotel).
Old Jan 1, 2021, 2:03 pm

Raffles Seychelles (apologies no photos),

2 rooms, one with a gold member and one with a platinum member. All items were duplicated across both rooms.

A bunch of local bananas and a banana cake in the room to start with. Drinks vouchers for everyone in the room (some confusion over whether we had to use it on the day of arrival or during the stay).

Over the next few days we had some candied fruit, some coconut sweets and a bottle of wine per room.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:52 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by jonapet89
Accor Gold: Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta - Mgallery (January 2020) welcome gift of fruits and biscuits, upgrade mentioned but I did not want to switch from twin to double + voucher for one drink per adult incl. great Cocktails in the bar

Accor Gold: Mercure Jakarta Sabang (January 2020) welcome gift of cookies + one soft drink per adult (no alcohol option)

Mercure Jakarta Sabang

Accor Gold: Sofitel Warsaw Victoria (February 2020) - no welcome gift, no upgrade, but I obtained voucher for one drink incl. cocktails in the Lobby

Accor Gold: Nungwi Dreams by Mantis Zanzibar (December 2020) - no welcome gift, no upgrade, no drink voucher,
when I asked at the reception during check-in they had no printed vouchers and told me to ask in the restaurant; in the restaurant the waiting staff said "no free drinks, everything full price". The Accor All benefits are non existent in this hotel (despite the fact that on Accor website they claim you can take advantage of all ALL Gold advantages). Above that I was contacted by the reception one week before arrival to provide my credit card details, because apparently booking via Accor website is not good enough for them... I would like to complain to Accor, but the hotel is not listed in the contact form drop-down list (and it is a required field to select a specific hotel).
Was there in December 2019. Absolutely fabulous cocktails at the bar there :-) Great memories, hope to return after covid restrictions are lifted :-)
jonapet89 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jonapet89;32929521[b
Accor Gold: Nungwi Dreams by Mantis Zanzibar (December 2020) - no welcome gift, no upgrade, no drink voucher, when I asked at the reception during check-in they had no printed vouchers and told me to ask in the restaurant; in the restaurant the waiting staff said "no free drinks, everything full price". The Accor All benefits are non existent in this hotel (despite the fact that on Accor website they claim you can take advantage of all ALL Gold advantages). Above that I was contacted by the reception one week before arrival to provide my credit card details, because apparently booking via Accor website is not good enough for them... I would like to complain to Accor, but the hotel is not listed in the contact form drop-down list (and it is a required field to select a specific hotel).
I am checking out today of this place (but I post here and not in 2021 new thread, as checkin was in 2020 ). I got the Accor drink voucher spontaneously (the bar tender had obviously never seen one before) but it was quickly solved after she asked. And a few minutes after having arrived in the room, the following welcome gift (fruit platter) was bring + some cheese and tomato sandwiches (not shown on picture). No upgrade, as hotel was totally booked for my dates for months (I think I booked early October and got the last room).

jonapet89 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 2:35 am

Programs: Skywards blue, OK Plus, Delta Skymiles, Avios, Etihad Guest
Lucky you, Goldorak! You must have met the one and only receptionist that knew about ALL benefits... I also still have not received any points / status nights for my stay (I checked out on DEC 15).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.