Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
I missed out on this as I received an email, hours after placing my order, telling me that Buyatab had been "unable to authenticate and complete" it. I'm really not sure what went wrong, as I received the payment authorization notification in the Amex app on my phone immediately after placing the order and all appeared to be going well up until that point...

A bit disappointing, as I was hoping to stay at Fairmont properties a bit more often in 2021.

I do hope that things will run more smoothly in the future.
They will still honour the bonus for you. Just reach out to Fairmont on Facebook. In the past, I had a gift card purchase declined by Amex when it tripped a fraud alert. Fairmont had no issue processing the bonus after the sale, because they could see there was an honest attempt to make the purchase.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Too bad it's against FT & Coupon Connection rules, but it would be nice if somebody who did not get enough GCs could buy Finkface's excess GCs! To save everybody from the trouble of fighting Accor IT, applying for refunds, etc.! Maybe an emergency exception could be made!

Last edited by Brendan; Dec 1, 2020 at 2:45 pm
Old Dec 5, 2020, 5:34 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Brendan
Too bad it's against FT & Coupon Connection rules, but it would be nice if somebody who did not get enough GCs could buy Finkface's excess GCs! To save everybody from the trouble of fighting Accor IT, applying for refunds, etc.! Maybe an emergency exception could be made!
Ha, not so fast. Now all of the cards they sent me are zeroed out and I have still been charged twice. So I have double the charges and zero cards. Buyatab’s outsourced customer service is beyond useless. Yeah, I can do a chargeback but I want the cards I bought. How can this be so difficult?
Old Dec 6, 2020, 7:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Where can we buy Fairmont gift cards with the bonus year-round? I remember someone posting an obscure website where this can be done but I cannot find it anymore, it does not seem to have been in this thread here.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by escape4
Where can we buy Fairmont gift cards with the bonus year-round? I remember someone posting an obscure website where this can be done but I cannot find it anymore, it does not seem to have been in this thread here.
I've not heard of that before. I have seen situations where various brands make their gift cards available at discounted prices year round as fundraisers for charities. Those models would typically see the cards sold at face value to members/supporters of the organization, with the charity using the discount as a fundraising tool. Perhaps there are some organizations passing some of that discount along to the purchaser. But, in any that I've seen, that discount is much less than the 17% you get on this semi-annual sale.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Are you possibly referring to the lifeexperience.ca website?

It used to be possible to purchase $100CAD LE gift certs at costco.ca for $75CAD, and then redeem the $100CAD LE certs for $100CAD Fairmont gift certs (valid only at Cdn Fairmont properties, and officially limited to 10 certs per stay)
Brendan and Admiral Ackbar like this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Are you possibly referring to the lifeexperience.ca website?
No, I was some obscure website that I had not heard of before and from memory other posters asked in the thread whether it was a reliable merchant or not. It might have been one of the charities as referred by CanadaDH and I think it was a replacement for the worldwide gift cards, not the Canada-specific vouchers from LE.

Unfortunately I cannot find where I read this by scanning a few threads. Oh well
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
No, I was some obscure website that I had not heard of before and from memory other posters asked in the thread whether it was a reliable merchant or not. It might have been one of the charities as referred by CanadaDH and I think it was a replacement for the worldwide gift cards, not the Canada-specific vouchers from LE.

Unfortunately I cannot find where I read this by scanning a few threads. Oh well
Hm...

I have seen a few sites over the years that resell gift cards at a variable discount as well as some charity sites offering a fairly minor discount on GC purchases over the years, but I can't think of any site in particular (and can't remember any particularly attractive options after accounting for the hassle, risk, lower CC earning etc.)
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 5:38 pm

One such group that I'm aware of is Avgen. I'm sure there are several others with a similar model. They don't sell to individuals, as their model is for fundraising for non-profit groups, where the group buys the cards at a discount, and offers them to their supporters at face value. According to their list of retailers, Fairmont is included, and is at a 10% discount. Could that be what you were thinking of? Funny that they still have Sears on the list of retailers; which suggests they haven't updated their site in a while (or maybe they're not even operating any longer).

Avgen Incentives, Helping schools and non profit organizations generate fund raising capita
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 8:25 am

If Avgen doesn't sell to individuals, then it was not the one. I remember clicking and I saw I could have bought gift cards there myself and the discount was at least 10% if not 15%.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 9:01 am

If Avgen doesn't sell to individuals, then it was not the one. I remember clicking and I saw I could have bought gift cards there myself and the discount was at least 10% if not 15%.
If there is an official and legit way to buy them at a discount, then I certainly don't know about it. I know there are lots of sites where individuals resell gift cards. I'm sure there are people who probably buy them during these sales at a 17% discount, and resell at a 10% discount. But I wouldn't touch those sites with a bargepole.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:10 pm

I have not seen any official announcement, but according to this link the sale will be back this year again, November 26 between 2-5pm.

https://www.fairmont.com/egiftcard-rules-regulations/
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I have not seen any official announcement, but according to this link the sale will be back this year again, November 26 between 2-5pm.

I haven’t been able to use LAST years $2500 purchase.. they really need to sweeten the pot a bit to get me to park more money with Accor.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

Do you know if you get points when you pay with a gift card?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by bellerophontes
Do you know if you get points when you pay with a gift card?
Same as if you pay cash or with a credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.