Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:14 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
So these gift cards can be used only on flexiable rates? Like I noticed that Fairmont Peace Hotel is having the 40 percent black Friday specials. I am assuming I wont be able to use the gift card for that kind of booking?

Lol sorry I just noticed someone asked the same question. My bad...
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Does purchasing a Fairmont gift card also earns status points with Accor when I use those gift cards for my stay at a Fairmont hotel?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Synthesis
Does purchasing a Fairmont gift card also earns status points with Accor when I use those gift cards for my stay at a Fairmont hotel?
You don't earn any points from buying a gift card. You just earn your normal points from your stay. The fact that you use a gift card as a payment method doesn't change anything.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
You don't earn any points from buying a gift card. You just earn your normal points from your stay. The fact that you use a gift card as a payment method doesn't change anything.
Ok so just to be 100% clear, it is used as a payment method JUST AS any other payment method (cash or credit card)? So if I use a $1000 gift card for a stay that would cost $1000, then I will be creditted status points equivalent to $1000, right? (after the stay obviously)
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:54 am

Can the gift card be used at a Swissotel? (In particular the one in Singapore Raffles City, where both Swissotel and Fairmont are under the same management and ownership)
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Synthesis
Ok so just to be 100% clear, it is used as a payment method JUST AS any other payment method (cash or credit card)? So if I use a $1000 gift card for a stay that would cost $1000, then I will be creditted status points equivalent to $1000, right? (after the stay obviously)
Yes
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:13 am

Question about exchange rates and minimizing the FX conversion fees. I'm Canadian and have an upcoming stay in Mexico. My credit card is CAD but my reservation at the hotel is in MXN. Is there any advantage in purchasing gift cards in USD over CAD?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Can the gift card be used at a Swissotel? (In particular the one in Singapore Raffles City, where both Swissotel and Fairmont are under the same management and ownership)
No. Gift cards are brand specific. Fairmont gift cards have never been usable at Raffles or Swissotel properties. I have seen Raffles offer sales of their own cards before.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by kxs250
Question about exchange rates and minimizing the FX conversion fees. I'm Canadian and have an upcoming stay in Mexico. My credit card is CAD but my reservation at the hotel is in MXN. Is there any advantage in purchasing gift cards in USD over CAD?
Buy it in CAD. The conversion is very efficient at the OANDA spot rate. Therefore, buy it in the currency of your credit card.
kxs250 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Yes
Thanks man
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:15 pm

I bought my gift cards, and they were received by email, along with the bonus, within a few seconds. Very efficient, as with past purchases.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:31 pm

bought as well, selected, checked out, paid, and received email with egift card and bonus egift card within minutes.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:22 pm

Purchased mine 90 min ago. Received the purchased value but not the 20% bonus yet. How long would you guys suggest I wait before contacting them?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:39 pm

Received both GC and bonus within 2 minutes. I'd contact them.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kxs250
Purchased mine 90 min ago. Received the purchased value but not the 20% bonus yet. How long would you guys suggest I wait before contacting them?
Same thing. Bought the ecard and received the purchased value but not the bonus card. Will contact them tomorrow afternoon if it doesn’t arrive by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.