FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1996886-fairmont-black-friday-gift-card-sale-returns.html)

CanuckFlyHigh Nov 27, 2022 6:07 pm

Lifeexperiences hasn’t sent a promo email out since May. Also no updates to social media. Must be going out of business.

SkyteamEP Dec 11, 2022 4:59 pm

Is it possible to use a gift card for a fully prepaid rate? Either at the time of booking or getting to reimbursed and using the gift card at the time of checkout?

CanadaDH Dec 11, 2022 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by SkyteamEP (Post 34825521)
Is it possible to use a gift card for a fully prepaid rate? Either at the time of booking or getting to reimbursed and using the gift card at the time of checkout?

Not at time of booking, that I'm aware of, but the hotel will refund your deposit to you upon checkout in order to apply a gift card. I don't do a lot of prepaid rates, but I've never been told they wouldn't on any stay where I asked.

jephdub Dec 12, 2022 10:54 am

Originally Posted by SkyteamEP (Post 34825521)

you may want to call in to check on this one. I’m only aware of deposit return and paying by gift card at checkout, not prepaid.

CanadaDH Dec 12, 2022 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by jephdub (Post 34827637)
you may want to call in to check on this one. I’m only aware of deposit return and paying by gift card at checkout, not prepaid.

What is the difference between a "deposit" and "prepaid"? Isn't a prepaid booking just a deposit that happens to be for 100% of the cost of the stay? If so, then you can still have that refunded. A good example is the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, who at least during ski season, even when paying the full Daily Rate, requires the booking to be paid in full a few weeks before arrival. They have always refunded that "deposit" or "prepayment" at checkout so I could pay by gift card.

jephdub Dec 12, 2022 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH (Post 34828034)
What is the difference between a "deposit" and "prepaid"? Isn't a prepaid booking just a deposit that happens to be for 100% of the cost of the stay? If so, then you can still have that refunded. A good example is the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, who at least during ski season, even when paying the full Daily Rate, requires the booking to be paid in full a few weeks before arrival. They have always refunded that "deposit" or "prepayment" at checkout so I could pay by gift card.

I’ve only personally done it with ‘deposit’ so unsure on the prepaid. If you’ve had success getting refund with prepaid then I guess it works on that too, but I still suggest to call in to confirm.

escape4 Apr 15, 2023 5:07 am

I have only stayed in Fairmonts 2 nights in the last 6 months due to the gift card sale not taking place back in November. Hopefully it comes back in May although I am not holding my breath. Has someone heard rumors yet?

flyertalker00143 Apr 15, 2023 5:53 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH (Post 34828034)

that's correct, deposit is an amount paid to guarantee the booking (usually up to 50%), that can be refunded (or not) depending on booking conditions. In case of a no-show, the deposit is lost.
Prepaid is a full payment of the booking ahead of the stay, usually paid with a credit card, but some arrangements could be made if it's not possible to pay with the credit card (ie credit card declined or booking not made online but directly with the hotel).

escape4 May 14, 2023 4:19 pm

Seems like it's dead again. The lack of Fairmont gift cards might be the #1 reason why my Accor status will possibly drop from Diamond to Platinum at the end of the year. I simply find less value than other chains now, mostly because of Fairmont brand which used to have some nuggets but with the lack of gift cards, no single hotel brand has increased in price more than Fairmont for me.

AMRivlin May 14, 2023 8:39 pm

Agree, was seeking these having exhausted my supply recently.

Guessing the new CEO and all his push for chic luxury doesn't seem the need for discounts?

flyertalker00143 May 15, 2023 8:27 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin (Post 35250168)
Agree, was seeking these having exhausted my supply recently.

Guessing the new CEO and all his push for chic luxury doesn't seem the need for discounts?

New CEO ? 🤔

AMRivlin May 15, 2023 8:47 am

Originally Posted by macaron95 (Post 35251158)
New CEO ? 🤔

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/appoi.../79026137.html

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/external/4116240.html

flyertalker00143 May 15, 2023 8:57 am

When a new CEO is appointed, it takes several months before there are noticeable changes. Current pricing has already been decided at least one year in advance so not under his watch.

CanuckFlyHigh May 17, 2023 1:40 pm

Sad to see the gift card sales disappear.

anaf May 18, 2023 7:08 am

Indeed, very sad. At least the rules & regulations page for the gift card sale is still active... and, back in 2015 or 2016 the sale was in June =D