Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:30 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
For people who had IT issues in previous sales, where did you get help? I e-mailed fairmont at buyatab dot com on Friday with screen shots and never got a response.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 4:31 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by escape4
For people who had IT issues in previous sales, where did you get help? I e-mailed fairmont at buyatab dot com on Friday with screen shots and never got a response.
There are comments on their Facebook post from people who had issues, and were subsequently looked after, after reaching out on that channel.

A couple of sales ago when I had problems, I contacted Buyatab directly, and they also resolved the issue. However, that was while the sale was still active.
escape4 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I contacted Buyatab directly, and they also resolved the issue. However, that was while the sale was still active.
Thanks I will try FB if all fails. I also contacted the buyatab e-mail during the sale but still no response many days later.

Last edited by escape4; Dec 22, 2021 at 2:03 pm
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:03 pm

I sent 5 e-mails to fairmont at buyatab dot com, all unanswered. I sent a request to Accor Customer service via the online form twice, both unanswered. I contacted Fairmont via FB, no response. So I am now trying a 4th avenue: perhaps Amy AccorHotels Concierge can help? I mean I want to send money to Fairmont and nobody wants it?
Old Dec 24, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
lifeexperiences.ca is having a 15% off promo with code LASTMIN15 valid until December 25, 2021,11:59 PM ET. Not the best offer we've seen.
escape4 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by escape4
I sent 5 e-mails to fairmont at buyatab dot com, all unanswered. I sent a request to Accor Customer service via the online form twice, both unanswered. I contacted Fairmont via FB, no response. So I am now trying a 4th avenue: perhaps Amy AccorHotels Concierge can help? I mean I want to send money to Fairmont and nobody wants it?
When I had an issue with my purchases a few sales ago, I seem to recall I reached out to Buyatab via the phone number on the website, and spoke to a live agent. She was very helpful. They're based in Vancouver, so even though it's Christmas Eve, they might still be open for a few more hours.
escape4 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
15% discount on life experience certificates until Monday February 14th 11:59 PM PT with code VDAYGIFTS22
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Am I dreaming this: 04 May 2022 is the next 20% bonus ... as per the updated web page:

https://www.fairmont.com/egiftcard-rules-regulations/

On this page - CAD, USD, EUR AND GBP - sorry for not noticing this if this was there last year ( I don't remember this), but is this old or new in EUR and GBP also? GREAT NEWS
CanadaDH and escape4 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by patty canuck
Am I dreaming this: 04 May 2022 is the next 20% bonus ... as per the updated web page:

On this page - CAD, USD, EUR AND GBP - sorry for not noticing this if this was there last year ( I don't remember this), but is this old or new in EUR and GBP also? GREAT NEWS
That's as expected. The spring sale has typically been the week before Mother's Day.

They added the other currencies recently. It was certainly there on the last sale, and maybe the one before that. But, yes, it is good news.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by patty canuck
04 May 2022 is the next 20% bonus ... as per the updated web page:
Thanks for bringing it up, good news. I dread the day the semi-annual gift card sale will not happen.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:01 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hi folks. Never done this before but I have a 14K CAD stay at Chateau Lake Louise in June so this interests me greatly.

The terms seem to very specifically call out that the bonus is per credit card per cart. So am I correct in thinking I can just do this promo twice under my own name without any trickery, as long as it's two $5000 USD checkouts, with different CC used for each?

Also, worth at all to ask the hotel to pre-apply these in advance of my stay or should I just do it at the front desk? Coming from Marriott, sometimes the workers struggle processing gift cards. Maybe CanadaDH can chime in on experiences at CLL.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Hi folks. Never done this before but I have a 14K CAD stay at Chateau Lake Louise in June so this interests me greatly.

The terms seem to very specifically call out that the bonus is per credit card per cart. So am I correct in thinking I can just do this promo twice under my own name without any trickery, as long as it's two $5000 USD checkouts, with different CC used for each?

Also, worth at all to ask the hotel to pre-apply these in advance of my stay or should I just do it at the front desk? Coming from Marriott, sometimes the workers struggle processing gift cards. Maybe CanadaDH can chime in on experiences at CLL.
As long as you use a different credit card, you can make as many purchases as you like. Buy $2,000, $2,000 and $1,000 in each shopping cart.

You don't need to wait to checkout to apply them to your room account, and I normally don't wait, either. However, I've never tried in advance of my arrival. I normally just find a time when they're not too busy, and leave them with a stack of certificates. It does take them a bit of time, since they need to be entered manually, one by one, into the gift card terminal. If you're on the Gold floor, I would just hand them some certs, and go have breakfast, and they may have them done by the time you finish eating. I'm in the habit of marking up every gift card with a note saying "Property of..." with my name and member number, and writing my room number on each before handing them over. Never had a problem.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:05 am

I should add that some hotels do struggle more than others. I just checked out of the Fairmont Grand Hotel Geneva yesterday. They managed to redeem the card, but she had to check her notebook on how to do it, and had to go find the terminal and plug it in. Clearly, they don't see a lot of gift card requests there! Fortunately, the stay was only 1 night after flying in and driving out the next morning, so I only needed to redeem a single certificate.
escape4 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:37 pm

Announced on the Fairmont facebook page today.

Now is the perfect time to save! Our annual Mother’s Day e-gift card bonus sale returns on Wednesday May 4, 2022, from 2-5pm EDT only. Purchase a Fairmont or Willow Stream Spa e-gift card and receive a 20% bonus e-gift card free.

https://bit.ly/GiftCardTerms_2022
Old May 2, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Announced on the Fairmont facebook page today.

Quote:
Now is the perfect time to save! Our annual Mother’s Day e-gift card bonus sale returns on Wednesday May 4, 2022, from 2-5pm EDT only. Purchase a Fairmont or Willow Stream Spa e-gift card and receive a 20% bonus e-gift card free.

https://bit.ly/GiftCardTerms_2022

Did not most prior Fairmont gift card sales take place on Fridays?

PS-are Fairmont gift cards bought at these sales event only valid at Fairmont hotels, or at other L'Accor hotels as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.