Guesses for the invite only status?

Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / AC 75K / ALL Diamond
Guesses for the invite only status?

I知 currently a Platinum member with about 34,000 status points in 2019 over 60 nights, and on track for a few thousand more - I値l finish the year somewhere in the 35-40k range.

For some of my trips the rest of the year I知 staying at IHG properties because of the Accor options in some markets, so I知 definitely missing out on some possible status points in place of having a nicer stay.

On one hand I like the bookings I致e made, on the other I would be a bit gutted if I _just_ missed the invite only status because of this.

Are there any ideas what the magic invite only status point number will look like? I know there has been no announcement about this but perhaps experiences with these types of programs with other hotel groups will help guess.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
My assumption is that the invite-only status doesn't have anything to do with your stay pattern. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get 100,000 points and not be invited. My guess is that this status is simply something that will be discretionarily given to high profile people who perhaps control the spending habits of others. Say the head of a consulting company. He or she may travel very little themselves, but if they can influence stay patterns of others, they would be considered a strategic person for Accor. Of course, I could also be completely wrong about that. In any case, I wouldn't give the invite-only status a second thought in my decisions.
Firsttime4me2 and hotel_user like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:53 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
It will be very limited. I hear on the grapevine a max of 1000 globally and all based on spending alone.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by acrooksie
I知 currently a Platinum member with about 34,000 status points in 2019 over 60 nights, and on track for a few thousand more - I値l finish the year somewhere in the 35-40k range.

For some of my trips the rest of the year I知 staying at IHG properties because of the Accor options in some markets, so I知 definitely missing out on some possible status points in place of having a nicer stay.

On one hand I like the bookings I致e made, on the other I would be a bit gutted if I _just_ missed the invite only status because of this.

Are there any ideas what the magic invite only status point number will look like? I know there has been no announcement about this but perhaps experiences with these types of programs with other hotel groups will help guess.
I don't think you have to worry about invitation level.
As starflyergold post, I can only assume only the top 1000 spender will be invited.

As for spends requirements, you mention 40k status points for this year. That would be equal to around $18k spending. still below Bonvoy Ambassador requirements($20k).
And Bonvoy already have few thousands ambassador tier members.
Although if one manage to collect all this while staying exclusively at Ibises the said person deserve quite some recognition

I would say it must be much higher than $20k.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
It will be very limited. I hear on the grapevine a max of 1000 globally and all based on spending alone.
So potentially the threshold could change every year.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by perthite
So potentially the threshold could change every year.
The threshold for everything else, too. The good ole days when the original (airline) loyalty programs overhauled their rules just once every ten years are over.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
interesting. I thought that it would not be based on spending but on whatever criteria Accor would like to have internally. But, as they have said that this status would have exclusive super top benefits, it makes sense to attribute it to the best customers in term of spending.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
For the invite only status, You need to post at least 26000 pictures of Accor's hotels in hotels reviews
kaizen7 likes this.

Last edited by nrouxel; Nov 23, 2019 at 10:26 am
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
for 1 review?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
26000 in different hotels or 14000 in one hotel!
Old Nov 23, 2019, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nrouxel
For the invite only status, You need to post at least 26000 pictures of Accor's hotels in hotels reviews
I'm getting close
starflyergold, nrouxel and kaizen7 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I think the invitation will be random.
those will find a gold apple as welcome gift (maybe at any Ibis) will get the invitation

Old Jul 15, 2023, 7:03 am

Programs: FB Ultimate and PFL & ALL Accor Diamond
Hi there,

ALL member (diamond) for years….
I have already 90 stays (48000 status points) so far 2023.
There seems to be an invite only level.
Anybody has guidance when one will reach that and is it worth it?
Old Jul 15, 2023, 7:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
The first rule of Fight Club ....
Old Jul 15, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: FB Ultimate and PFL & ALL Accor Diamond
So nobody here is a 'black'?
i wonder how many points / days needed...
i am already at 90 days this year...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.