Guesses for the invite only status?

Old Jul 15, 2023, 7:56 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by PascalGie
Hi there,

ALL member (diamond) for years….
I have already 90 stays (48000 status points) so far 2023.
There seems to be an invite only level.
Anybody has guidance when one will reach that and is it worth it?
It's not based on a set number of nights or points at all. It's who you know, and whether an Accor executive will recommend you. I do about 110,000 status points and 30 nights, but don't get 'invited'. If you really want it, I guess you could try lobbying a hotel GM you might be acquainted with?
Old Jul 15, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: FB Ultimate and PFL & ALL Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
It's not based on a set number of nights or points at all. It's who you know, and whether an Accor executive will recommend you. I do about 110,000 status points and 30 nights, but don't get 'invited'. If you really want it, I guess you could try lobbying a hotel GM you might be acquainted with?
well…. All depends on what it will bring… if its only a phone line (never use it) and 1 extra diamonds card… no thx…
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 12:32 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Talking

well…. All depends on what it will bring… if its only a phone line (never use it) and 1 extra diamonds card… no thx…
You get 1 & 1/2 welcome drinks in France
Old Jul 15, 2023, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
So nobody here is a 'black'?
i wonder how many points / days needed...
i am already at 90 days this year...
We have one or 2 FTers on this board having this status (not me ) and they have posted a few experiences. Nothing absolutely stellar as far as I remember, compared to Diamond.
As it was explained to you in the other thread, there is no requirement for this level. It's by invitation only. Criteria are unknown and at the sole discretion of Accor. It's not necessarily given to frequent stayers. As you are familiar with AF/KL, this is an equivalent of Club2000 / Skipper.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
We have one or 2 FTers on this board having this status (not me ) and they have posted a few experiences. Nothing absolutely stellar as far as I remember, compared to Diamond.
As it was explained to you in the other thread, there is no requirement for this level. It's by invitation only. Criteria are unknown and at the sole discretion of Accor. It's not necessarily given to frequent stayers. As you are familiar with AF/KL, this is an equivalent of Club2000 / Skipper.
Thx, so guess not worth looking for….
Old Jul 16, 2023, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thx, so guess not worth looking for….
TBH, not enough datapoint here to judge.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 6:05 am
Suspended

Before and until now, Black status or previous equivalent has always been granted to select members or even to non-members most frequently upon request from governance teams and CEO L-1 / L-2 and region leaders and with the assistance to a dedicated team in charge of pulling out data when it concerns members.

These hidden statuses have always existed unofficially and there are also hidden Accor properties not bookable from the public or agencies dedicated to VIPs and politics. 20 years back I often had internal requests to create Sofitel Privilege accounts with VIP status as I was administrator of the program and asked to communicate with our properties for specific stays and VIP treatment. There was no written process, just requests from leaders between me and the CEO.
A special rate also existed for Sofitel for a couple of people to be used on specific occasions, available at all Sofitel worldwide and bookable only by HQ.

After that, Accor created A-Club, then LCAH until today with ALL, the process has evolved leading to this Black status. And even within the Loyalty team, not everyone is aware of the info about these VIP members.
Fims, Goldorak, BinSabai and 4 others like this.

Last edited by flyertalker00143; Jul 16, 2023 at 6:19 am
Old Jul 16, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
I know people staying in a Mercure ( a very good one) and have stayed 200 nights a year for the last two years and expect to do so for the next two as they are managing a massive building project. they wouldn't even be interested in status, they just enjoy the week a month when they are not there.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:30 pm

Met 3 people that obtained a ‘secret tier’
They stays in the hotel for a long time, the company booked a whole year for them.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 7:30 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
The 2 people I know with Limitless have both stayed many, many nights a year for several years.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Frankly, secret tiers from any loyalty program (hotel or airlines) are just a milestone created to flatter the ego of the member. There is already not much difference between the 2 highest public tiers and most of the time, airlines/hotel don't always succeed in pampering members and applying published benefits Aside from having an invitation from time to time for an event or receiving a gift once a year, it's not like you will be having extra perks all year around for every stay, these statuses are here to make you feel you belong to a very narrow circle of members.
This is a very good demonstration of the application of Maslow's top of pyramid.
nrouxel, fifty_two and hotel_user like this.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by perthite
The 2 people I know with Limitless have both stayed many, many nights a year for several years.

Do they get Limitless supply of apples every year?
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 3:59 pm

I am one of the Limitless members having been upgraded at the start of this year.

I haven't been staying with Accor that long (in terms of years, I was Diamond for 2 years I think) but my stays are mostly at their higher end properties. I stay with them maybe 20-30 days a year although as a lot of my stays are over holiday periods the spend is not insignificant.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Freightman
I am one of the Limitless members having been upgraded at the start of this year.

I haven't been staying with Accor that long (in terms of years, I was Diamond for 2 years I think) but my stays are mostly at their higher end properties. I stay with them maybe 20-30 days a year although as a lot of my stays are over holiday periods the spend is not insignificant.
Thanks for sharing!
1M€ question: what does this bring to you?
And any clue why they made you black? Not too impressive frequent stay figures...

Maybe its the high end thing? I only stay at pullman sofitel and fairmont... but will hit north of 150 days...
Old Jul 23, 2023, 11:22 am

Thanks for sharing!
1M€ question: what does this bring to you?
And any clue why they made you black? Not too impressive frequent stay figures...

Maybe its the high end thing? I only stay at pullman sofitel and fairmont... but will hit north of 150 days...
in terms of what it brings, it has been similar to Diamond with the exception that at either check in or check out the duty manager usually comes out to talk to you. A few random things as well - i don't think i've ever had a turn down service at Sofitel Heathrow before.

I have no clue why they bumped me up honestly. It was a bit of a surprise in January when the card changed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.