Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Mövenpick quietly introduces LCAH benefits

Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:35 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL

There didn't seem to have been any announcement on that, but MOEVENPICK MUENSTER started featuring the full set of LCAH flags in the system (earn points, burn points, status benefits, member rates). I have not stayed with them yet, so I could only verify the "pay with points" at booking and member rates positively.

The brand does not feature in the points earning calculator (even though MANTIS or TRIBE do, and the entire TRIBE brand is literally just one hotel), so it's anybody's guess if it's going to be earning as well as other midscale and premium brands, or some discount applies a la MAMA SHELTER. MOEVENPICK is not a selectable brand on the Accor Map filter or Advanced Search, so I cannot tell if any other property is available and/or offers LCAH benefits.

Do share if you come across any other MOEVENPICK "soft-launching" before the transition to ALL.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I have a reservation for Movenpick Jimbaran on New Year.
But since it was 3rd party booking, I wont get any elite benefit for that stay.
I might ask the fd if they will start accepting ALL member from January onward.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:23 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
What kind of hotel are Moevenpick ? I never stayed in one. In my head I imagine them in the Pullman and Swissotel band.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
What kind of hotel are Moevenpick ?.
Soft and creamy
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:55 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by JTCz
There didn't seem to have been any announcement on that, but MOEVENPICK MUENSTER started featuring the full set of LCAH flags in the system (earn points, burn points, status benefits, member rates). I have not stayed with them yet, so I could only verify the "pay with points" at booking and member rates positively.

The brand does not feature in the points earning calculator (even though MANTIS or TRIBE do, and the entire TRIBE brand is literally just one hotel), so it's anybody's guess if it's going to be earning as well as other midscale and premium brands, or some discount applies a la MAMA SHELTER. MOEVENPICK is not a selectable brand on the Accor Map filter or Advanced Search, so I cannot tell if any other property is available and/or offers LCAH benefits.

Do share if you come across any other MOEVENPICK "soft-launching" before the transition to ALL.
Dear JTCz,
Thank you for your interest in Accor brands and Le Club AccorHotels Loyalty programme!
Indeed, you are right.
You are one of the lucky members who got a chance to stay in one of the 3 Mövenpick Hotels currently running a pilot, before the full integration of Mövenpick hotels in the programme.
As of today, 3 hotels are included in this test so you may also enjoy your Le Club AccorHotels benefits in these properties :
Mövenpick Hotel Münster- Germany,
Mövenpick Hotel Hanoi- Vietnam,
Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel- Dubai.
I also invite you to keep an eye on our communications to be advised, in due time, about the launch of ALL and the new brands joining the Loyalty programme.
Best regards,

Amy
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:42 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Did I get the chance? Then why was I not informed of that?

I do understand Amy thought I actually went to Muenster. I did not, I was just desperately trying to book a night during the German Holy Trade Fair Week of November, when it is near impossible to book ANY bed in NRW. I ended up sleeping in my friends' guest room in DUS, which was a splendid option, alas no points awarded, but privileges were peerless.

I also did get the email today that MOEVENPICK should be joining the LCAH/ALL programme starting December, which I look forward to!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:07 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

What kind of hotel are Moevenpick ?

Originally Posted by fransknorge
What kind of hotel are Moevenpick ? I never stayed in one. In my head I imagine them in the Pullman and Swissotel band.
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Soft and creamy
The above is quite right, as they are the result of overstretching a brand of gourmet foods and dining known internationally (especially to LX flyers) for their premium ice-cream, into the area of overnight hospitality. The hotel brand is a hodgepodge of airport and conference hotels in Central Europe and resort-type properties in the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Oh, and some MOEVENPICK-branded Nile cruises - no joke! Apparently Accor got the latter as well as part of the deal...

The takeover by ACCOR rid MOEVENPICK of a collection of properties that were not going anywhere, and were frankly often quite bland and outdated, if generally rated well. ACCOR got properties in some key locations (especially airports) and a chance to give many of them a proper redesign (I do not see any benefit for ACCOR to pay royalties for the brand any day longer than MOEVENPICK required to seal the deal).

MOEVENPICK hotels in Europe are generally on the same level of Germanic forgettableness as SWISSOTELS

MOEVENPICK Resorts generally come in various pastel shades of blah

starflyergold and escape4 like this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I called and visited two Mövenpick in Dubai and was told no benefits and no points. Is this correct or up to hotels, AccorHotels Concierge ?

ps. would be great if the thread title could be fixed Moevenpick => Mövenpick. I couldn't find this thread with search without hopping over to google.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
I called and visited two Mövenpick in Dubai and was told no benefits and no points. Is this correct or up to hotels, AccorHotels Concierge ?
AccorHotels Concierge or anyone?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:51 am

Dear remymartin,

I hope you had a nice Christmas.
Sorry to read about your latest experience with our Mövenpick hotels in Dubai. We have 7 hotels of this brand in Dubai and they are all participating.
Could you kindly tell us which hotels provided this answer to your request, so that I can share with our local teams?
In case you would need an action regarding a specific stay, could you then kindly MP me to share your Personal ID and stay details?

Thank you again for taking the time to share and for your trust.
Wishing you a nice Holiday Season,

Amy
Goldorak and hotel_user like this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear remymartin,

I hope you had a nice Christmas.
Sorry to read about your latest experience with our Mövenpick hotels in Dubai. We have 7 hotels of this brand in Dubai and they are all participating.
Could you kindly tell us which hotels provided this answer to your request, so that I can share with our local teams?
In case you would need an action regarding a specific stay, could you then kindly MP me to share your Personal ID and stay details?

Thank you again for taking the time to share and for your trust.
Wishing you a nice Holiday Season,

Amy
Thanks, I hope you’ve had a nice week as well.

The front desk at Mövenpick Jumeirah Beach told me no points, no benefits. The phone agent at Grand Plaza Mövenpick Media City told me no benefits. I did not stay at either properties because of this.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:55 am

Thanks, I hope you’ve had a nice week as well.

The front desk at Mövenpick Jumeirah Beach told me no points, no benefits. The phone agent at Grand Plaza Mövenpick Media City told me no benefits. I did not stay at either properties because of this.
Dear remymartin,

Thank you for your confirmation, I have shared your experience with our local teams and a reminder will be done.
As indicated previously, these hotels are participating in the programme.
I am sorry that you couldn't discover these hotels at this occasion, don't hesitate to let me know if you need assistance for a future booking.

I wish you a festive Holiday and remain at your disposal,

With my best regards,
Amy
Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I am happy to report than MOEVENPICK Zurich Airport (in Glattbrugg) has credited me points for my stay very quickly (the next day after I left) and had a welcome drink voucher ready for me, along with a room available from 10 AM. Too bad no welcome gift was present, but service was all smiles and no problems and the hotel itself is worth recommending as an airport accommodation option, as well as for visiting Zurich. A full review will follow.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by JTCz
I am happy to report than MOEVENPICK Zurich Airport (in Glattbrugg) has credited me points for my stay very quickly (the next day after I left) and had a welcome drink voucher ready for me, along with a room available from 10 AM. Too bad no welcome gift was present, but service was all smiles and no problems and the hotel itself is worth recommending as an airport accommodation option, as well as for visiting Zurich. A full review will follow.
My apologies if I missed this somewhere ... does the Moevenpick brand offer the same rate of Status Points as Pullman etc, or does it offer a lower rate like Ibis, Adagio and the new Mantra family brands ?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:46 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
My apologies if I missed this somewhere ... does the Moevenpick brand offer the same rate of Status Points as Pullman etc, or does it offer a lower rate like Ibis, Adagio and the new Mantra family brands ?
https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...index.en.shtml regular rates

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.