Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor and Alibaba Form Partnership to Attract Chinese Travelers

Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:40 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium

Accor has formed a partnership with online marketplace Alibaba to make it easier for Chinese travelers to book rooms and other services. It’s a smart move to appeal to Alibaba’s 700 million high-spending consumers who are eager to travel around the world.

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/own/...gital-programs
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
I have been told, so probably wrong, that at the moment only 7% of Chinese have passports at the moment.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I would say it is around 20-40% of people have passports. Maybe 15 years ago it would have been like 5-10%. Also Accor has many hotels inside China so it is not only to attract Chinese customer outside China.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by hotel_user
I have been told, so probably wrong, that at the moment only 7% of Chinese have passports at the moment.
Originally Posted by tris06
I would say it is around 20-40% of people have passports. Maybe 15 years ago it would have been like 5-10%. Also Accor has many hotels inside China so it is not only to attract Chinese customer outside China.
And the immense majority of Chinese tourists travel abroad in package tour groups.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.