Wiki Posts
Search

Personal data hold by Accor

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:08 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by Stacycrow
Does anyone know if customers outside Europe can request info.?
I am from outside the EU but expect to be able to have access to this data under GPDR since Accor is a European company holding my personal data. Legislation is new and will surely be refined by court challenges but this is how I interpret it for now

Recital 14 EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR). Privacy/Privazy according to plan.

14) The protection afforded by this Regulation should apply to natural persons, whatever their nationality or place of residence, in relation to the processing of their personal data.
Accor apparently interprets this as erasing all my personal data! Record fast efficiency, only 7 days between my email and oblivion, if only they were this efficient in all areas.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 4:56 pm

Just an update, Amy has been in touch with me and steps are underway to fix this. Very thankful we have such a resource in the forum to help in such matters.
Kobetraveller and hotel_user like this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:25 am

i got today my personal info from accor
i am a MRS wrong
my adres is wrong
tel number incomplete
i made some payments in dollars /swiss francs /in emirates currency / and australian dollar
i am absolutly sure that i havent been in these countrys
highly earner hyper/visited lub
what means that ??
greetings
cornelis
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:44 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
You have a right to correct the wrong information, so you should do it.
Highly earner hyper/visited lub seems a marketing/commercial value classification.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:38 am

thanks frans
i am a bit afraid that a demand for chancing information give side effects !
example
home country marocco
everything in arabic /french
chance language ACCOR IT become very confused.
same with telephone number
chance gender
they allready have pasport info proving gender
66 pages of hotel payment historie .
i can inform them about the mistakes propably they make other mistakes or just ignore
yes you are right Frans but i am not sure if i live long enough to see the results of a never ending exchance of emails
greetings
cornelis
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 4:13 pm

Final update, account has been restored as before, just signed in and everything looks OK. Was pleasantly surprised by the compensation offered by Accor (it was proactive, I did not ask for anything) and am extremely satisfied as to how it was handled and also how expedient they were in restoring the account. Many thanks to Amy who got everything done efficiently, a credit to Accor.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I have seen this above a couple of times under "segmentation": "Highly earner hyper - visited lub". Mine says "Highly earner hyper - 100% Business". Any idea what the distinction is? The vast majority of my stays at Fairmont and Accor properties have been for leisure travel. There are only 19 stays shown on my report dating back to 2018, which I would guess is probably when Fairmont was acquired by Accor and none of those were business stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.