Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points/Stay Posting Date

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Points/Stay Posting Date

I wasn't sure how to search for this but what date is used for determining when points are earned? Is it the date of arrival or date of departure? I have a stay that begins on December 31st but we check out on January 5th. For purposes of determining which year in which my stay and amount spent will count towards, will it be 2019 or 2020?

Thanks,
Old Oct 28, 2019, 3:08 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Check out date determines the year, in your case the points will count for 2020.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Check out date determines the year, in your case the points will count for 2020.
That's interesting. When I look at the points history in my Accor account, the date associated with every one of of my points earning transactions is the check-in date, not the check-out date. I would have thought the points would therefore count in the year associated with the referenced posting date of the points in the account history. But Accor IT certainly does mysterious things.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
That's interesting. When I look at the points history in my Accor account, the date associated with every one of of my points earning transactions is the check-in date, not the check-out date. I would have thought the points would therefore count in the year associated with the referenced posting date of the points in the account history. But Accor IT certainly does mysterious things.
Same for me.
I had a stay Dec 30, 2017 - Jan 1, 2018 and it counted for 2017 status.
Checking the app, it shows "Transaction date: Dec 30, 2017".
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by leoo
Same for me.
I had a stay Dec 30, 2017 - Jan 1, 2018 and it counted for 2017 status.
Checking the app, it shows "Transaction date: Dec 30, 2017".
That’s not the Accor rule. As said by Starflyergold, the checkout date is determining which year it counts for. And I experience it every year as I always stay in a Accor hotel, checking in around the 29 or 30/12 and out on the 1st or 2nd. Do not be confused by the list of stays displayed in the app where you can eventually see the stay listed in the previous year. If the hotel did differently and if you are not happy with it, you may ask for a correction.
starflyergold likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
That’s not the Accor rule. As said by Starflyergold, the checkout date is determining which year it counts for. And I experience it every year as I always stay in a Accor hotel, checking in around the 29 or 30/12 and out on the 1st or 2nd. Do not be confused by the list of stays displayed in the app where you can eventually see the stay listed in the previous year. If the hotel did differently and if you are not happy with it, you may ask for a correction.
That's what I experienced but Accor IT is not to be trusted.
I'm sure it counted for 2017 (and not 2018, the checkout date) because I needed those 2 nights to qualify for status.

If that matters, the stay was in Hong Kong so the timezone could have been a factor - it shouldn't, but again, Accor IT can't be trusted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.