Paying with points at hotel

Old Oct 6, 19, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan P25, Skymiles, Accor Silver, Hilton gold
Paying with points at hotel

I booked a stay at a Pullman in France and will be paying regular price. I think the hotel is fully booked yet as gold, I am guaranteed a room. I donít have the option to pay online/in advance. Is it straightforward to pay with points when I checkin/checkout or is there something specific I need to do? I never redeemed points for a stay before.

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 19, 8:42 am

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Hi,

Well you have to either have the registered phone number of your account with you or access to your registered email address as Accor will send you a verification link to utilises points. A small tip though, the system the hotel uses to utilise your points can be buggy at times as there were instances where I wanted to use points upon check-out but the hotel apologises as the system was down. Not the hotel's fault though, just Accor's famous IT standards.
Old Oct 6, 19, 9:00 am

i have done it several times
some times its takes time so be prepared at checkout
greetings
cornelis
Old Oct 6, 19, 10:37 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC
I generally let them know during checkin that I'll use points during checkout and that they should let me know when it's suitable for them to process the payment. No issues to do it prior to check out date if you're just wanting to settle the room rate with points.
If you want to cover your incidentals too you may need to wait until checkout day.
Old Oct 7, 19, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan P25, Skymiles, Accor Silver, Hilton gold
Thanks all for your responses
gilbertaue likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: