Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Short version of what Accor has told us about the new ALL "suite night upgrades" (SNUs):
"On reaching Platinum status, receive 2 Suite Night Upgrades. Booked in advance, guaranteed.

Earn a third Suite Night Upgrade at 18,000 Status points, and then an additional one every 4,000 Status points. Up to 12 a year."
Longer version, from the T&C, section 9.2: available in English here.
(Copied December 6 2019. Edited very gently for length -- e.g. removing references to paragraphs containing Accor's definition of "Platinum" -- and format.)
__________________________________________________ ___________________
Definition
A Suite Night Upgrade is a benefit reserved exclusively for Members who have Platinum status and above. It enables them, at certain participating hotels belonging to the Accor Group, to spend the night in a "suite" for the price of a "room" selected by the Member when making a pre-confirmed booking.

Hotels Offering Suite Night Upgrades
Members can only use their Suite Night Upgrade in Accor Group hotels offering this benefit. The list of participating brands and non-participating hotels is available on the Benefits and Statuses page by following the loyalty programme link. Please note that this list is more restrictive than the list of brands participating in the Programme.

In order to offer this benefit, a hotel must have both rooms and “suites”, or simply suites. Hotels solely offering other types of accommodation (lodges, villas, etc.) do not accept Suite Night Upgrades.

Obtaining a Suite Night Upgrade
On reaching or obtaining Platinum status [...] Members receive two (2) Suite Night Upgrades are credited to their account. When a Platinum Member has earned 18,000 Status Points, a third Suite Night Upgrade is then credited to the account. The Member receives an additional Suite Night Upgrade each time an additional 4,000 Status Points have been earned, for example, a fourth Suite Night Upgrade on reaching 22,000 Status Points, a fifth on reaching 26,000 Status Points and so on, up to a maximum of twelve (12) Suite Night Upgrades per calendar year.

A Suite Night Upgrade is valid for one (1) night only. The Member may use several Suite Night Upgrades when staying for several consecutive nights, if he or she has enough Suite Night Upgrades having already been credited in the account. Each Suite Night Upgrade is valid until 31st December of the year following its date of issue (calendar year N+1). No validity extension will be granted either before or after a Suite Night Upgrade’s expiry date.

Suite Night Upgrades are credited exclusively to the Member’s account, and can be viewed online via the Website and the Accor All app. No printed Suite Night Upgrades will be issued, nor can Suite Night Upgrades be sent out via email. However, Members will receive an email notification whenever a Suite Night Upgrade they have earned has been credited to their account.

Using Suite Night Upgrades
Members who wish to use one or several Suite Night Upgrade(s) during their stay must pre-book prior to the stay. Bookings must be made by calling an Accor Booking Office or by calling one of a participating hotel offering Suite Night Upgrades directly, except for Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel hotels. For these three brands, bookings must be made via the Accor Booking Office. The Suite Night Upgrade must be valid on the dates of stay booked.

Suite Night Upgrades are for personal use only and are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable. They can only be used by the Member whose name is printed on the membership card. The Member must be present during the stay and must themselves be staying in the suite that has been booked. The Member may book several rooms and/or suites when making the booking, but only one Suite Night Upgrade will be authorised per night and for the suite in which the Member is staying.

If Members wish to stay for several nights but only have one (1) Suite Night Upgrade, they may nonetheless stay in the suite for the duration of the booked stay. In that case, they will use their Suite Night Upgrade for one night but will have to pay the full undiscounted price for the suite for the other nights of the stay. If the Members do not wish to book the Suite at the advertised rate, they will need to make another booking for the other nights of the stay, choosing a different type of room, which would mean changing rooms during the stay.

For bookings covering several consecutive days at a constant rate, the Suite Night Upgrade will apply to the first night of the stay by default. For bookings covering several consecutive days at a variable rate (i.e., the rate is different each night), the Suite Night Upgrade will apply to the most expensive eligible night by default. Subject to availability at the time of booking, the customer care advisor may offer the Member different types of suites, corresponding to suites paired with different types of rooms, along with their associated rates.

The use of Suite Night Upgrades is subject to the same blackout dates as the Programme’s room availability guarantee. The official calendar of dates on which the availability guarantee does not apply is regularly updated and displayed for Members on the all.accor.com website. It is up to Members to take note of these dates before booking a stay for which they require an availability guarantee (See the dates here).
Non-participating hotels
See list: https://all.accor.com/loyalty-program/legal/terms-and-conditions/pdf-snu.en.pdf

Eligible rooms
Eligible rooms vary by hotel. Certain suites are always excluded, such as Presidential suites and VIP suites.

Each type of room eligible for this benefit is paired with a specific type of suite at each hotel offering the benefit. The use of Suite Night Upgrades is subject to the suite’s availability at the time of booking.

Eligible Booking Channels
In order to be considered eligible, stays must be booked at eligible rates by calling the Accor Booking Office or participating hotels. Stays booked via other channels will not be eligible for this offer, including those booked via:
- travel agencies using a GDS (Global Distribution System)
- stays booked via a reseller, tour operator or third-party online travel agent (such as Expedia.com, booking.com, etc.)

Eligible Rates
Eligible rates include all standard rates (including the ALL - Accor Live Limitless and AccorPlus Member rate) and all promotional rates except the following:
- Excluded rates mentioned in Article 7.2 “Rates Eligible to Earn Points” of the General Conditions of Membership;
- Family offers;
- Package rates;
- Day Use Rates;
- Corporate Rates;
- Ibis Business and Accor Business Plus membership card rates

Terms of Cancellation and Changes
The usual terms and conditions of sale apply to bookings made with a Suite Night Upgrade. These conditions determine the ability or not to change or cancel a booking free of charge. If a pre-booked stay is cancelled prior to the stay and according to the terms laid down in the terms and conditions of sale accepted when making the booking, the conditions of sale govern the decision as to whether the cost of the booking should be reimbursed.
However, if a Member makes a booking using one or several Suite Night Upgrades but cancels the booking prior to the stay, the Suite Night Upgrades will be recredited to the account within a maximum of seven (7) days. No changes can be made to the night to which the Suite Night Upgrade applies. The only change that can be made by telephone once a Suite Night Upgrade has been booked is adding additional options (such as breakfast), paid for with cash.

The Suite Night Upgrade will not be refunded to Members in the event of a no-show on the booked day or early check-out.

Non-Combinable Benefits
Suite Night Upgrades cannot be combined with:
- The use of Rewards Points when booking,
- The use of a Stay Plus night, a benefit awarded to members of the Accor Plus membership programme,
- Upgrades subject to availability awarded to Gold status and higher.

Member Responsibilities
Accor reserves the right to immediately void any Suite Night Upgrade that has been sold or transferred to a user other than the Member for whom it was originally intended or that is deemed to have been fraudulently acquired.
[...]
__________________________________________________ _______________
Additional information
Please improve this wiki by adding anything else we know about SNUs!
Print Wikipost

"Suite Night Upgrades" from 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: HHonnors diamond
Sofitel berlin SNU

I tried to use mine in the sofitel berlin kurfurstendamm. Was told by in house reservations they do not accept SNU.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:25 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dd64
sofitel berlin kurfurstendamm. [...] they do not accept SNU.
Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

I've been chasing a handful of points for a December stay because they'd take me over the line for a fourth SNU. Right now I honestly don't see the point.
CanadaDH and Stacycrow like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:27 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
According to Accor, they do
https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...pdf-snu.en.pdf

You should send them this link.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by yaksha98
Terrible implementation of suite upgrades, they might as well rename if "room discount" benefit. 👎👎👎
Or perhaps even more accurately the "Discount off the rack rate on a suite for one night" benefit when you use your limited certificates.
yaksha98 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:53 am

i am looking to the list of exclusions
sofitel is not mentioned
so the list is not correct
meaby they can make a list of guaranteed participating hotels !
greetings
cornelis
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:25 am

Why don't people just share how they used their SNUs?

Accor Plats and Dias have to earn status the hard way, there are no short-cuts via CC or status match. I don't think there are all that many top elites. Hence, one doesn't need to assume one is "competing" with other FT-ers over scarce upgrade inventories.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:27 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nkob
meaby they can make a list of guaranteed participating hotels !
It's starting to seem that such a list would be shorter and easier to understand.

A second -- even shorter -- list could name hotels where it's actually possible to save money using an SNU.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:56 am

i make a start with the list
movenpick marrakech
made a reservation april for classic room /flexible including breakfast 279 euro 1 night
after email exchance with RESERVATIONS off the hotel mentioning i got SNU and want to use one i got confirmation for free update ONE BEDROOM SUITE
price if booked normal 412 euro
greetings cornelis
IMH, Goldorak, hotel_user and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dd64
I tried to use mine in the sofitel berlin kurfurstendamm. Was told by in house reservations they do not accept SNU.
Originally Posted by fransknorge
According to Accor, they do
https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...pdf-snu.en.pdf

You should send them this link.
This is truly unbelievable...
dd64 : did you try via the booking call center rather than with the hotel ?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: HHonnors diamond
sofitel berlin kurfurstendamm

I tried calling the hotel a second time.
another agent. same story. we do not accept snu certificates. I will have a try with accor customer care see if I have more luck.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by IMH
Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

I've been chasing a handful of points for a December stay because they'd take me over the line for a fourth SNU. Right now I honestly don't see the point.
I actually HAVE the points in my account for a 3rd SNU, but (presumably because my last stay—in late December—did not post until this year) my account still shows only 2. Based on what I’m reading here, I’m not sure it’s worth even an email to correct.
IMH likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:00 pm

I haven't had a good run with these so far. Am AU based and had 102 nights in Accor properties in 2019; so had 11 suite nights with my new diamond status. Tried to use 3 in a row 4 months in advance at Sofitel Darling Harbor. Seems the SNUs are only able to be used with the preceding room booking being at basically the most expensive rates (i.e. fully flexible, payment on arrival, etc and not the Accor Plus or any other rate) This means in many cases the price difference to just use an Accor Plus rate on the suite in the first place is tiny...

For someone who books well in advance and has certain plans these don't seem useful.

I'm now waiting on email reply from another Sofitel after spending 20 mins on the phone trying to understand it and even there the rate for the room eligible for SNU seems so high that I'd rather just save my money and leave the SNU for another time.

Hope this changes but will be giving my feedback as I go because I feel Accor has devalued the loyalty program with the recent changes indirectly; now they have no incentive to upgrade Platinums or anyone to Suites without consuming the SNUs.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:52 pm

I can't use my SNUs at all. Have just spent 45 mins on the phone to various agents. The hotel has full availability and confirmed they have the upgrades available, but say I must book via central reservations. Central reservations says their system shows no SNU availability, even though they can see the basic suites available for paid reservation.

It's ridiculous that the hotel has full availability and is willing to do the upgrade, but I can't book them due to some system error.

One agent tried to tell me that SNUs have limited availability themselves but this isn't stated in the terms and conditions. The only reference is on Page 13 where it states that if a basic suite is available then the SNU should be available: "The use of Suite Night Upgrades is subject to the suite’s availability at the time of booking." But besides, the hotel confirmed full availability.

@amy please could you help?

Last edited by znsm; Jan 9, 2020 at 9:59 pm
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Reading this whole thread it is clear that "Suite night upgrades" are NOT not a free upgrade of any kind, but are in reality very deceptive "discount coupons" off the most expensive hotel rack rates.

To be honest, I'm not surprised in the slightest....accor is acting just like they always have.
They have changed their company name and outward appearance, but their well established sh*tty behaviour, bait & switch tactics, false advertising, deceptive deals, and endless exceptions & exclusions to their own rules, all continue as usual.

New name & website, but same old tricksters & scammers we are used to.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jan 11, 2020 at 8:10 pm
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Originally Posted by rfrost
I actually HAVE the points in my account for a 3rd SNU, but (presumably because my last stay—in late December—did not post until this year) my account still shows only 2. Based on what I’m reading here, I’m not sure it’s worth even an email to correct.
Same with me; I re-qualified as platinum on 12/28 and have so far only received the 2 SNUs from qualifying in 2018.

Last edited by FlytheTail; Jan 12, 2020 at 9:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.