FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Accor Points Usage Question - (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1982195-accor-points-usage-question.html)

alveoli0 Aug 8, 2019 6:41 pm

Accor Points Usage Question -

I am platinum from the Fairmont days and have enough status points to stay Platinum next year as well with the Accor Group. I'm still trying to learn the best use of the perks as they are quite different from the Fairmont. Upcoming family trip - booked mastercard rate (33% off) at Novotel Nusa Dua in Bali and prepaid the stay in a 2 bedroom villa w/pool for 6 nights. I have about $900 CAD in Accor Points that i would like to use on incidentals such as F&B or spa NOT the room rate. The loyalty agent that I called prior to booking wasn't sure that I could use those points for F&B / SPA because of the room rate I booked. But she wasn't sure - the Fairmont folks were so knowledgeable..... sigh

Does any one know how those points can be redeemed? The next rate that was available was $650 more expensive for the same room, same perks.... stupid to book that rate (was pre-paid as well).

Also I have read that for this particular hotel, breakfast is included for platinum (and their registered guests).

Thank you in advance!

znsm Aug 9, 2019 1:39 am

In my (non Fairmont) experience, you just ask to redeem those points at checkout and they convert it to manual credit on your invoice

alveoli0 Aug 9, 2019 12:44 pm

Thank you- I figured as much but my conversation with the loyalty agent reflected that I could not for the particular rate the room was book at.

znsm Aug 9, 2019 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by alveoli0 (Post 31398259)
Thank you- I figured as much but my conversation with the loyalty agent reflected that I could not for the particular rate the room was book at.

A quick Google shows that the MasterCard rate is an official Accor advertised offer? Should be fine in that case. Who did you book through, Accor/Novotel, an agent or elsewhere? If booked direct you will be fine

Dav77 Aug 9, 2019 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by znsm (Post 31396502)
In my (non Fairmont) experience, you just ask to redeem those points at checkout and they convert it to manual credit on your invoice

Agree

you can use you points at any time at the end of your stay, to pay room and/or incidental expenses

alveoli0 Aug 10, 2019 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by znsm (Post 31398287)
A quick Google shows that the MasterCard rate is an official Accor advertised offer? Should be fine in that case. Who did you book through, Accor/Novotel, an agent or elsewhere? If booked direct you will be fine

Yes - always book directly.

Thank you everyone - didn't sound like the loyalty representative knew what she was talking about....

3544quebec Aug 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by alveoli0 (Post 31401978)
didn't sound like the loyalty representative knew what she was talking about....

Say it isn't so :eek: