Novotel Almaty City Centre

Old May 14, 19, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Novotel Almaty City Centre

Hello,

I've not seen any reviews on Flyertalk for this hotel, so here goes the experience for a LCAH Gold:

I checked in at approximately 09:30 and was informed that I have been given an early check and an upgraded room. The room given was on the top floor (10th) and had a fantastic view of the Hotel Kazakhstan. Check-in was straightforward and the assistant was extremely friendly and polite and gave plenty of information about what to see and do around the city. Overall a very good first impression. I was also given a complimentary drinks voucher (for Gold you could have a beer, for Platinum you had a open bar up to 5000 Tenge).

Upon arrival to my room I found a small welcome gift (a cake). About 20 minutes later I was brought the biggest tray of food I've ever seen at a hotel comprised of a bowl of fruit, two-tiered canapés and two-tiered macarrons / cookies / chocolates as well as a hand-written welcome from the manager.

The hotel is new and everything was clean and modern - completely in line with the newer style Novotels. Wifi was free and fast. The choice of TV channels was a little limited for English speakers but I wasn't too bothered since I was out and about exploring the city most of the time. Windows in the room could be partially opened.

Breakfast was served in the restaurant. The selection and quality was excellent. There was lots of cold items (fruit, salad, cold cuts, 6 or 7 types of cheese, cereal and a wide variety of breads an nuts). Hot options include beef bacon, chicken, fish, vegetables, potato and eggs made to order. The omelettes were particularly good (still runny in the middle - just how I like them).

There was a room service menu as well as a restaurant menu with different options. I thought both menus were a bit limited with the choices, but the usual items were there (burger, club sandwich) as well as some local specialities (horse). The price was good and I'm sure the quality would have been good too. If you do stay there is also an excellent restaurant nearby - Navat. They do excellent Central Asian Food, have an English Menu and good prices.

The location is unbeatable. It's right next to the cable car (ask the front desk for a voucher for a 50% discount), near the Abay Metro Station and within a 20-30 minute walk to the major sights. It's also near the bus stop for Medeu.

Overall I was very happy with my stay and would stay again. I'd say it's probably the best Novotel I've stayed in. This is partly because it is new and partly because the service and staff were excellent.

As an aside, Almaty is a great city with lots to see and do within the city and day trips to the countryside. It's a very walkable place with a booming café-culture. This was my second visit to Almaty and I hope it won't be too long before my third.
Old May 14, 19, 1:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Thank you for the interesting review. Just reading about the welcome amenity makes me want to go there right now!
Old May 14, 19, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Excellent Gold treatment ^
An example for other hotels...
Thanks for the review !

Search this Thread
Search Engine: